Abilene, TX
Hardin-Simmons University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hardin-Simmons University

Addie

There are alot of things; Cowboy Football, Cowboy Band, an Eduacation enlightened with Faith. HSU is a great place to go, I like it, I just wish there was more scholarship money out there.

Hardin- Simmons is the only school I applied to. At the time I was only interested in HSU but now looking back I wish i would have looked around more to see some more of my options.

I choose Hardin-Simmons University based on the class sizes, it is a very small school and that is what I really like. My professiors know me on a more personal level, and dont just have a graduate student teaching their classes like you would find in larger schools. Another thing you need to look at is the atmosphere. HSU has a very strong religous atmosphere, and I like that, but some may not. My professors pray over us before each class period and some students find that very uncomfortable.

Philip

Realize that you are preparing for your career and future. Get over your desire to complain about everything and start working hard. It will pay off more than you could ever think.

Someone who desires a safe, moral environment with low student:teacher ratios.

Someone interested in a high-profile career or who would like to be challenged academically.

Lacey

Go visit the college, get to know people there, academic advisors, financial aid advisors, people are very helpful you just have to ask for it. Visit more than one college, compare schools. Go to an athletic event. Get involved, be open to meet new people. Your going to make friends for a lifetime, college is the place that will happen. Participate, don't be afraid. Your college experience only comes once, and it gets harder the longer your in college. Study, that is what your in college for, make your grades. But all in all, enjoy life, have fun but remember what is most important.

The cost, it's a great school, but I think students leave or decide to not attend this school, because the school is so expensive. Finanacial Aid is great, but sometimes we get punished for the littlest things and that gives us financial problems, so it alters our ability to go to school where we want to. We have to settle with what we can afford.

The cost, trying to go to school and trying to focus on school work gets difficult when you are also worrying about paying bills. Hoping you will have enough money to be able to stay in school, and have somewhere to live as well.

Courtney

I love this school, everyone is friendly and there is always something to do. We have great professors, and i have come away learning a lot so far and look forward to what i can accomplish in teh future due to the fantastic educationm i have and will continue to receive

Look for a good environment and how the faculty interacts with the visitiors. All it took for me to know that Hardin-Simmons was the University for me was one visit. Hardin-Simmons is a great environment and everyone here is fantastic. I know that i will be taken care of and i haev no worries about something happening.

How much it had to offer, i would have tried to come sooner

William

I would want anyone that is intrested about coming that they should come take a weekend tour. Find out if this is the community they want to spend here and then find conection and network that you can make friends in. I would deinitly tell the to pray about there decision.

About all the activites about getting involved, and all the campus jobs more open.

The Student-Teacher involovment, the teachers are always available. They contact us through email, or even calling us sometimes. Theyare very friendly.

Erica

If you want to find a place where academics are important, help is available and fun abounds, this is the place. The goals at Hardin-Simmons University are student success and entertainment. Over 90% of our student body receives financial aide, so don't let that be a burden. The professors here are brilliant and enthusiastic about their subjects, even more importantly they are always willing to help. There are extra-curricular activities for everyone, from intra-mural sports to community outreach to social clubs. This campus is home, and I am always glad to come back.

The professors are easily accessible, the campus if the most beautiful spot in Abilene, and there is always something fun to do. God moves in amazing ways on this campus and my life has been forever changed here.

Crystal

My classmates are all very responsible and head strong, definately people who know why they are going to school and they are constantly working toward their goals, and always ready to lend a hand.

When looking at colleges, I suggest meeting as many staff and employees that you can, check out the environment around the school and the facilities, look at the classes that are offered and what the town has to offer outside of the university. Make sure that the staff is friendly and goal oriented, people who will be willing to help students anyway possible, but also be there to keep the students focused on their education. When looking at the facility, make sure that the classrooms, student life buildings, and dorm rooms are built to accomadate your specifications. Do some research on the campus life and how interactive the students are with the staff members and the community. Consider part-time job opportunities and interests that you are looking for in your college experience. Once the college is chosen, apply for financial aide and apply for as many scholarships as you possibly can, so you don't have to stress about your finances when you should be stressing about your grades!!! Then attend school, set your academic goals, met new friends and enjoy life!!

I really think that this school could accomadate just about any kink of person.

The most important thing is deciding really what the student is seeking in their college experience. It's important to understand that you are going to school to learn about what you are passionate about; but it is equally important to understand that the type of college you pick can determine the friendships you find along the way. I would tell students to keep an open mind and go experience all different types of schools before deciding on exactly what you want. If money is an issue, I would recommend going to a Junior or community college for your first two years and then transfer to a school that specializes in what you are passionate about. This would save money and could give you a more enjoyable experience. Most of all have fun looking at college.

Lee

Listen to both positive and negative reviews towards a school. Even if it is negative, you may agree with it .

There are always friends to make. Even tho the school isnt that large, there are plenty of ppl willing to be a friend.

Football games arent that exciting. Mandatory sophmores living on campus. Mandatory chapel credit.

Hardin-Simmons University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.