Harding University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Harding University

Cianna

It's a nice school overall. Pretty campus, good faculty, good arts programs. It's expensive for what it brings to the table, but Harding's not a bad school per se. It's not for everyone, especially with the strictness of their rules, but some people have found a home here.

Blaine

I believe this University is top notch, with opportunity for me and many others. I have visited several times and talked to many students, professors, and even the President of the University. All of them encouraged me to pursue my dreams of entrepreneurship and the study of business.

John

I love Harding. The past three years have been a true blessing in my life. All of my professors pushed me to be the best student possilble. Along with that, they want to come along in the journey with me. They take interest in me and in my own interest. Campus life is awesome. The biggest theme of Harding's campus life is community. We truly are a community that acts as a family. All in all, I love Harding and would recommend its education and campus life to anybody.

I enjoyed it in the sense that you meet some of the nicest people you will ever know/make lifelong friends. Also, I really enjoyed the teachers--they cared so much. However, the campus is far too conservative and judgmental. There are so many rules. Curfew at midnight, chapel 5 days a week, no alcohol consumption even once 21, etc. Until the rules have been lessened, I cannot give this place 5 stars.

Morganne

I didn't apply to any other colleges, and I will never regret that decision. Every day, I am surrounded with loving, friendly, and kind peers and professors who challenge me to seek God first every day. I know that I am prepared to face life's challenges with an open mind and a positive attitude. Harding is by far the best place for me at this point in my life.

Caitlin

I have truly enjoyed my first year at Harding. Even though first semester was bumpy trying to decide on a major, I had professors who helped me through and see what I actually want to do. Marching band was my favorite and the sports teams did amazing this year. The environment here at Harding is very welcoming and you will always find a smiling face.

Jordyn

Harding University did not quickly become home to me, but that was definitely my own fault. It wasn't my first choice but it seemed to be the best school, given my christian background, and so I went. Harding does an amazing job of being honest and open about their campus, rules, and expectations. As soon as I was willing to get out of my comfort zone, and reciprocate the attitudes I was receiving, it became an easy place to call a second home.

Leah

I love the Christian atmosphere. Everywhere I go I know at least one person and everyone is very friendly. The professors try their best to make the class interesting. The college experience is what you put in it. If you put in enough of your heart the college will give you many blessings.

Ocean

I've recently transferred to this campus and it is overall my favorite campus that I have ever been on. The Front Lawn is beautiful and fantastic to just sit and study or hang out. The arts department is fascinating. The food in the Caf is to die for and never disappoints. The staff is by far the best, you can really tell that they care and want you to succeed and that makes me want to perform well every day.

Harding is a wonderful university. I attend a non-traditional campus and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I have reached out to the main campus for other questions and have always received a speedy response. Excellent college and programs.

Makyra

I am thrilled to be a part of a university that places such a high priority on community and spiritual wellness. Not only is it a good environment for personal growth, professors are always ready to help you succeed academically. It's great to be at Harding!

Nautica

During my freshmen year, I absolutely didn't like Harding at all. There are so many strict rules as curfew, no shorts to the class/chapel, and opposites sexes can only be allowed in the dorm lobby. A year later I have become custom to Harding. The students and professors are kind and caring. No matter what your background is they will always be there for you through everything. One more thing the cafe food is disgusting!

Cydnee

It is a great school. A Christian- centered school with a caring staff and loving student body. I always felt safe on campus and the on campus housing is very nice! There are no greek sororities but we have social clubs, which are very similar and I would recommend anyone getting involved in one!

Lindsey

Harding has a great environment for students. It is a Christian school, so there is positive influence everywhere. The school is also doing its part to listen to the students and their requests for some changes. There is mandatory chapel every day. Although at times it might seem tiresome, it really is a great thing to look back on. There are many opportunities to get involved. Harding has clubs, Bisons for Christ (a day dedicated to giving back to the community), and is big in spring break mission work. The professors are kind and have regular office hours where the students can visit to ask questions. They are also willing to make time for meetings when necessary. The curriculum pushes you and prepares you for the next step in whatever your future plans are. It is great school.

Leslie

I think that overall Harding University is an amazing school. It isn't perfect, but it realizes its flaws and has made a strong effort to improve. Harding is very upfront with its religious background, and provides a strong foundation to grow on while welcoming other religions or perspectives with respect. I really appreciated the effort to recognize others with different beliefs and treat them with sincere joy. No matter where I was on campus I always felt perfectly safe. There are emergency phones spread all around campus and I usually see at least one campus police car patrolling every ten minutes. I found that while the classes are rigorous, the professors are always available and understanding, so with proper study habits I was always prepared. Finally, I think the best part of Harding is the students. Because it is a smaller campus, there is a very tight-knit feel. There is never a stranger on campus and the people I met were interested in my well being, not just their own. I have never been in a place where I've felt so much love from the students and faculty. However, there are a few negatives about the school. The main complaint is the cafeteria. The food usually is flavorless and doesn't have many options, but they have taken steps to improve such as creating dishes repeatedly asked by the students. (Nutella toast!) Also, because Searcy, the hometown of Harding is so small, there aren't many options for entertainment or food. However Harding works hard to bring in entertainment, hosting at least two concerts annually, movie showings and various cultural festivals. In my time at Harding, I have found home. It isn't perfect but I always look forward to returning in the fall and will miss it once I graduate.

Arielle

Where the Arkansas River Valley meets the Mississippi Alluvial Plain, there is a small private liberal arts university that specializes in quality academics, the integration of faith, and the love of the surrounding community. It's home to multiple talented Division II athletic programs that regularly compete on the national level, as well as a variety of programs for those more interested in the fine arts. Think art shows and lots and lots of musicals. You may not be able to wear shorts to class, but you can wear them to explore the beautiful surrounding countryside by fishing, canoeing, hiking, swimming, and so much more. Don't make plans to explore the bottom of an alcohol bottle though, because there's a zero tolerance policy for drinking and drug use. Overall, if you're okay with having a curfew while you live on campus and following the various rules of the university, you'll find a second home at Harding. The connections you make there will last a lifetime and benefit you in more ways than you can imagine.

Rebecca

Harding University is a wonderful place for those focused on learning about the world as well as Biblical studies. Class sizes are on the smaller scale, which invites a closer relationship with the faculty. Harding offers an open, welcoming atmosphere that makes up for the slightly boring location in Arkansas. The beautiful campus will leave you enchanted as well as the friendly students and staff.

Morgan

Harding University is a place of fellowship, faith, and fun! There's never a dull moment with all the activities going on, and the environment is inviting and invigorating. From the homecoming musical in the fall to Spring Sing in the (you guessed it!) spring, and the plethora of people from everywhere (literally, everywhere!) Harding is a special place where everyone comes to get an education, but leaves with so much more.

Akilah

It's a great place to be. You're constantly around positive people and people who desire the same goals as you. Since Harding University is a Christian college, when I said there are people who desire the similar desires as you. Trying to become closer to Christ as well as get our education coming from a christian perspective is what I mean by having similar desires. If you haven't visited Harding, you're really missing out!

Erin

I love Harding. At first I was worried about going because it is eight hours from home, but it has quickly become my college home. I not only love campus, but the town Harding is located in. There are so many opportunities to be involved on campus and off campus. I have found my life long friends here and I know without a doubt I will be well prepared for the job I will have after college.

Lindsey

Harding is a wonderful place. I think the school really cares about students and their lives. The president is always visible and talks with students. Teachers are always available either in office hours or via email etc I think all colleges strive to be like Harding but they ACTUALLY achieve a superior rating.

Maggie

Harding University is basically a 9 month Christian summer camp that stifles all originality and free thought. Chapel and Bible class are both required, LGBTQ+ students are removed and non-existant, and everyone is more concerned with keeping up their Super-Christian facade than their grades. If you're into that sort of thing, go for it! If you know how to think for yourself, 0/10 would not recommend. The caf nuggets are great though.

It’s a great place to grow spiritually and academically. The staff is very friendly, and the campus is beautiful. Everyone is there to learn more to secure their future and to grow closer to God. Harding University focuses on the spiritual aspect of the students’ lives.

James

I absolutely love Harding. I couldn't imagine going to school anywhere else. As a Bible major, I pretty much only take Bible classes, so i can tell you with absolute certainty that you will not find a better Bible department at any other Church of Christ School, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better one at any Christian School too. As for the professors I've had outside the Bible Department, they almost all have been really wonderful professors. All the professors at Harding are extremely accessible should you need help, some even give the class their phone numbers so you can text or call them whenever you need to! I highly recommend you at least look at Harding. It is such a wonderful, positive atmosphere, and i absolutely love it, with all my heart.

Sara

It's great to be at Harding is not just a saying, it is a truth. Harding has shaped my life in so many ways in the year I have been here so far. Since I transferred over, my adviser has been extremely helpful in making sure that all my classes transfer over to count towards something I need to graduate. I have professors go out of the way to try and help us succeed and they are always there if you need someone to talk to. Many people do not like the town of Searcy, since it is so small and there is not much to do. However, you can go to the square downtown and find a lot of little shops and some of the best restaurants that I have ever been to. I am so thankful for Harding and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Maddie

My overall opinion of Harding University is that there is no place I would rather be. Harding is close enough to my house if I wanted to come home I could, but if I wanted to let myself grow then I have the freedom to do so. Harding doesn't have the best cafeteria food, however the student center and on campus events make up for it. Harding welcomes diversity and politeness shines everywhere; just like all colleges, there are things that students wish this rule or that rule didn't exist but secretly, we know it's for our benefit. There's is honestly no place like Haridng with the connections it has for promising jobs after college, the love from people to people, and the environment it shares. Inclosing, recieving this scholorship would mean more than you know, knowing it would create less stress on my parents, a promising continuation at Harding, and being able to say "I did it" on graduation day. Thank you.

LilyAnne

I think Harding is a great christian environment to surround yourself in. The college seems to be based around learning and expanding your knowledge whether it is spiritually or regular classes. The people there are very helpful and kind and seems to be a tight knit community.

Catherine

Harding is such a wonderful and welcoming environment. They truly have their focus on God and I always feel loved and important by the students and faculty. Everyone is so kind and friendly. Someone was always accessible to answer questions and was always happy to do so. Even though I am not a current student, everyone I met and talked to made me feel like I belong. I absolutely love it there.

Wade

Harding University is a great school, and lives up to its motto “a community of mission.” The dorms and food could use some improvement. Also, there’s not really anything to do in Searcy, Arkansas. However, the people create a very welcoming atmosphere that fosters greater learning. It’s great to be at Harding.

Jared

A school that underpromises and overdelivers. At Harding you will be nurtured intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually, and be prepared for life after school, whatever you may do. There are people from all over the world that come to this relatively small Christian school, and there are so many intelligent and virtuous people here.

Michaela

I believe Harding University is a great school when it comes to academics and sports. The people are so friendly and it seems as if you have known people your entire life. The professor are always around to give you help with school work and life. This school emphasizes being Christ-like in all situations.

Brandon

It's a nice school to attend. There are a few things that I don't agree with but the school as a whole is great. The students that attend the school are somewhat nice people and will respect you the same way that you respect them, A rule of thumb is to treat people the ay ou want to be treated. The food at the cafeteria is not the best but there are a few places to go off campus but if you don't have a car, it is had to get to them. The professors are generally nice people and will try to work with you to help you out but, there are still a few that won't.

Jared

You won't come to Searcy, Arkansas for the city, but the people will keep you there. The people are incredibly nice and caring. The school is safe and is full of people who will care deeply for you. A little boring at times, but a great place to grow in faith and in stature.

Luis

It's a great place to visit or go to school. Everyone here is so nice and has respect for you. The teachers want to get involved with your academics and make sure you're passing because they want you to pass so they'll do anything to help you which is really important to me.

Emilia

It has been a great experience and grown me as a person. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is interested in being invested in and investing in others. People (Students, professors and staff) care about you as a person and your education. It is absolutely wonderful.

Harding is a great school with many opportunities. The professors are always available for their students and genuinely desire to enrich their students' education holistically. The most frequent complaints are of the strict rules that apply not just on campus but elsewhere such as dress code and prohibition of alcohol. I personally don't have an issue with their uptight rules because they are in place for the safety of the students, the respectability of the school, and to uphold long standing traditions.

Ann-Clayton

I love Harding and am so thankful to have grown up in that town. I have been involved in Harding and love the fellowship the campus and people allow.

Devan

Harding University is a great Christain based college! I have always felt very safe and welcomed by professors, staff, and students that go here! Everyone is welcomed and their passions are respected and treated with great care and taken very seriously. Nobodys' needs are laughed at or thrown aside and if you need something there is always someone willing to help. Academically, Harding is unmatched. The professors teach very well and if students need extra help the professors will not hesitate to set apart time to help that student and make sure their specific questions and needs are answered! Harding University is the place to be!

Anaka

I recommend Harding to those that do not currently attend. The professors really care about each student and will go out of their way to make sure that you understand the material. The people keep me there. Everyone is kind and they care about one another. There isn't too much to do close to campus, but we get creative and the people make Sonic and Walmart runs interesting. Campus is beautiful and I love walking around during any time of day. At the beginning, I was not planning on staying because I did not like that I was deep in the South. But being on campus, I often forget because everyone treats you with kindness and they are very accepting. I look forward to coming back in the fall!

Emma

I love it so much for so many reasons. The people are genuine and the education is high quality. The professors actually care about you. The course material is challenging but doable. There is always something fun to do on or around campus. Though I won't lie, the food is meh... But it's worth it.

Daniel

They were such a shit school. I hate them. Students were all pretty stuck up, but also the social work department gave me a crap internship and the experience really set me back in my career. I really can’t see any up side to this school. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Faith

I love it here. Everyone is extremely friendly and Christ like. There is always things to do around campus, but there is tons more if you join a social club. Spring sing is the highlight of well, the spring. The arts are loved and they flourish here, but sports do too! We hold high standards for education, but if anyone slips there is free help for anything provided to students.

Kaleb

I loved every minute I spent at Harding. My one big regret is leaving and pursuing my education elsewhere. The professors were amazing, overall environment was phenomenal and the school stands by its Christian background which is supremely important.

A

Racist and inequality. A cult environment of caucasians. The employees of the university seem to only hire family members and not review qualified candidates. No social or extra curricular activities, basically people just socialize on the walmart parking lot because the town does not support the college age group.

I love Harding University. I've visited campus twice and it's incredible. The people are all so welcoming and friendly. Faculty and staff quickly learn your name and work toward your education as well as having a relationship with you personally. One of the benefits of Harding being a small private school. They're all driven to make your experience at Harding positive, encouraging, and memorable. I 100% recommend looking into Harding University if you're interested in education from a church of christ view.