Harford Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Harford Community College

Bryan

Great college and really nice professors. The way of teaching the learning materials of your major are very clear. The professors are always available for feedback and ready to help where you are struggle with your learning. Also if you need more understanding you can find your way to the learning center.

Johanna

I view Harford Community College to have such an amazing campus, faculty, sports, activities, etc. The design of the college is very simplistic and modern. The variety of programs offered are great. The school offers many online courses, hybrid courses, and studio classes. The online website is very helpful and you never miss an update or alert.

Noah

Harford Community College is fantastic for a community college. In fact, it has to be the best community college in Maryland. I've heard the horror stories having to do with community college, and this college is far from it. There's always something going on campus. Most of the professors actually love their jobs and it shows through their teaching. Every psychology teacher I've had, I've loved. The food isn't that bad either. It could be less expensive though. There isn't any on-campus housing and I don't know about an off-campus housing because I could drive there from my house. The students are from all areas of life. You have the crazy and not so crazy, the young and the old, the smart and maybe not the smartest person in the room, and a variety of cultures that clash together to create great diversity in the college. Overall, Harford was a great experience, and it was cheap. If I needed to go back for another degree at some point in my life, I would most definitely choose Harford

gerald

I am originally a Towson University Graduate in Psychology who has gone back to Harford Community College to enhance my studies and begin a new career in the area of biology . I am a pre nursing major now and I am excited to be a student at Harford Community College

roy

Overall, it's a decent place, but they keep incompetent teachers who have failed their jobs. There are teachers who do not take responsibility for their class (regularly showing up late, if they show up at all, no notice given), and teachers who are not qualified to teach anymore, but stay because they have tenure. Pretty dissapointed.

Never in a million years did I think I would be attending this college because it is so close to home. However, it proved me wrong and showed me I can get the college experience even while living at home. I have gotten so involved on campus that next semester I will serving as the Student Governments Vice President.

Teacora

Harford Community College is a good school. For me it is a stepping off point, for others it is a chance to figure out what they want to do in life. There is no real way to rate all techers or academics because I have not had every teacher or every class. What I can say are that there are great teachers and okay teachers. It is trial and error finding a teacher who's teaching style meshes well with your own learning style.

Chelsea

Harford Community College is a great campus as far as community colleges go. It is a very clean, neat environment, and for the most part the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area who is just starting their college career.

Whitney

Harford Community College is the best option for a freshman entering college. The tuition is low and affordable then other universities. Harford is the best place to go to get your general studies done, or your prerequisites. Harford is the place to go to get your college career started. You get the college experience before you are completely on your own.

Savannah

Harford is an amazing, top-level community college that prepares its students for the next level of college or their job. I love the facilities and the professor's availability outside of classes. As an athlete as well, the class times are very flexible and work well with trying to work around my busy schedule. The only things that need improvement in my opinion are the available parking and the high textbook prices.

Its a nice community college, but not my end goal. Almost all the professors I have had have been very dedicated, and the people are very friendly.

Julianna

My overall opinion on Harford Community college is that this is a great college to go to for students who just graduated high school. They put in an effort to make everyone feel included and especially those with cultural background. The advisors provide education on things outside of classes like time management, studying tactics, and budgeting.

Carolyn

Despite it being a community college, the professors are pretty good and I enjoy the small class sizes. There is not a ton of things to do on campus but it is good if your priority is to go to school and learn. Some of the people do not really care a lot about school but there are those there that do that you can study and learn with.

Jaelynn

I cannot wait to go. The application process is very easy to fill out and they also get back to you if you have any questions. Im super excited to go here and expand my education more on graphic design/arts. The overall area is super safe, and easy to access everything. There are always teachers hanging around for any questions or concerns. I cannot wait to go here.

Brielle

It a great school for a business major. There's a lot of good teachers that teach in the IBAT, they are very hands on and genuinely care for you and your education. Of course there's a couple of bad teachers but what school doesn't. Wish there were more teacher/classes for certain requirements such as Microeconomics and Macroeconomics. Majority of the people working in the adminstration, financial aid, advising, etc. are very helpful and are all ways nice. Some of the buildings do need updating/renovating but they are currently working on it. My favorite thing about the HCC is that they will ask for your criticism and opinion and then they will try to fixed it to the best of their ability by the next semester, for example at the library in the quiet study rooms the whiteboards were up pretty high and they moved them down, or when students were complaining how two of the study rooms were unbearably hot and humid, they put in dehumidifiers as soon as it was the next semester.

Ike

Being at Harford Community College has been a experience, because they are currently preparing me for a four year school which i hope will be Frostburg State University. Another thing they have done well is mold a good majority of the students to have pride in the college.

Love

Harford Community College is a conducive place to learn and some of their professors are transparent but, they have to make some campus facilities accessible to students. However, it is a school that inspires a student to learn with a lot of competition, and they have a policy that students should abide by, and are strict about it.

Shadrach

Harford Community College is a place to be. I have always felt bad about college until I came to Harford Community College. The Instructors are so kind and hardworking to see every single student succeed. There's also a learning center, study rooms available for students, individual advisors, digital lab, student center, beneficial college programs, and activities, etc. If you are willing and ready to study, I think you should take a tour to Harford Community College full of wonders. I LOVE HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE.

Jarod

It is a very good school academically and Athletically. I love the class size there, there's usually around 20 students in a class. It makes it a very easy and enjoyable learning environment and the professors are always very easy to work with and get in touch with.

GLENN

GREAT STAFF TEACHERS AND STUDENTSFUN . CARING EASY TO GET TO CLASSES NOT TOBIG OR TOSMALL TUTORS IF YOU NEED THEM NO COST. EASY TO APPLY . GREAT LANDSCAPE . SEATING AREAS OUTSIDE TO SIT AND STUDY OR JUST RELA BEFORE NET CLASS. BEST OF ALL YOU CAN BE YOURSELF. THANK YOU

Briana

I really like how open and acceptive they are to share their opinions and to always be active and nice and supportive of each other. I love their motivation to want to end something bad or even to start something good. The students there are amazing and nice and I would halfback reccommend this school to anyone’s who is just starting out with looking for a college with a great environment.

In the Fall of 2016 I began my education at Harford Community College. I was enrolled as a part-time student that was dual-enrolled, in both college classes as well as high school classes, I was doing this in hopes that I could graduate early. The school worked with me in my pursuit of this and was very flexible. In the Spring of 2017 I took my GED exam and received my Maryland High School diploma and that fall I began as a full-time student. During this time I chose to study in the Paralegal Program. This program was designed for students who are interested in the legal field and specifically and being a paralegal. Through this program, I have learned so much relating to my field. The professor's and instructors are incredibly knowledgeable and very easy to interact with and work with. The class sizes were smaller than other schools might have been thus allowing a more personalized and adaptable learning environment. The campus itself is beautiful and well kept and there are many amenities close by. There is no on campus housing as this is a community college. The other students are great and always willing to help you out and encourage you in your education. The campus has the Harford County Sheriff’s Office Academy and the Harford Community College Public Safety Office. Between these two I have never had a concern for my personal safety. Additionally, students are highly encouraged to participate in clubs, programs, and other on campus activities. A few of these activities that I have been able to be apart of was the Alternative Spring Break Trip, Law Day 2017, and the Paralegal Association. I especially enjoyed the Alternative Spring Break Trip. This trip sent myself and 12 other students and faculty to New Orleans, Louisiana to participate in post Hurricane Katrina clean up. It was definitely an experience I will not soon forget. Lastly, I have fully enjoyed my time at Harford Community College and feel that I am adequately prepared for the profession that I have chosen. I will be sad when the time comes for me to graduate in the Fall as I will greatly miss this learning environment. Thank you for reviewing my essay in consideration for this scholarship.