Harrisburg, PA
Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg is a good alternative to continue schooling and getting general courses completed without the high price. It provides many people with an opportunity to get a quality education without having massive amounts to debt.

Cara

When I first learned that HACC was a community college, I was prejudiced towards the idea of a community college. Their price fit my budget, but community college? Community college is always the punchline in the jokes. Then I decided to visit, and to my surprise, the campus was amazing. After going there for two semesters I am very pleased with the education I am receiving, I found some really great professors and a nice group of friends. The library and librarians are very nice, and they are great at promoting student-life activities. They have many Student Government sponsored events, such as cultural festivals, live musicians or dancers, pottery club presentations, theater shows, and special guest speakers. A few weeks ago, there was a giant zip line set up on campus for all the students to enjoy. Don't let the "community college" part of the title deter you from coming to this college. It is a great place to earn an associate degree for an affordable price, all while having lots of fun.

I am looking forward to my transfer and graduation experience with HACC and alongside my two children.

Catherine

It's a great school, but only a very few majors are Bachelor Degree level. Most are for an Associates Degree. The professors and staff are knowledgeable and ready to answer any questions you might have. There is a good number of class options to choose from, and the staff really wants to help with your personal education.

My overall review of this college is a good one. I enjoy going to this school because all the professors are always available and are more than willing to help you succeed. The students who attend this school are not only diverse but intelligent, insightful and respectful. The academics are intriguing and interesting. The clubs are fun and a great place to meet people with similar interests. This school has so much to offer and has offered me so much already. I am proud to be one of it's students.

Aaron

The Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) is one of best places to go and learn for a career. It helps students continue their education from high school and gain more knowledge about their majors. HACC is also helpful when students want to transfer to other colleges and universities. But overall, it's a great place to hang out and meet people others have not seen and start to create friendships.

Shelbey
Your Typical Community college

Your Typical Community college

It's not the worst but not the best. If you went to a high school with high academic standards then HACC will feel like high school all over again. Some proffesors do treat you like you're in elementary school but all of them have do have good intentions. I haven't had a run in with abad professor yet.

Lindsey

HACC is well known for having a diverse group of students and the five different campuses allow for flexibility and variety of classes. Professors at HACC are well aware of students who are working full and/or part time jobs off campus as well as students with families and are willing to work schedules around that.

I would tell myself that I should still go to HACC but to start right away with classes for my Honors major and in turn I would have been able to graduate a year earlier.

I wish I had known how difficult it would be to transfer into a Costuming or Art program before I decided to go to HACC but I do not believe that would have changed my decision because the many great opportunities for study abroad and independent studies that I have been offered here at HACC are worth my time and money.

Chanel

Anime Club Christian Club SGA Nursing Organization Business

Very Diversity and Friendly

The academics are very excellent!!! The professors are very friendly

The number one thing I would tell my high school self "do not procrastinate!" School is only as hard as you make it. Stay focused on the bigger picture. Try and maintain a balance between school and your social life. It's ok to go out and have fun but remember what's important for your future. The sacrifices you make in college will pay dividends in real life. Do you want to party now or do you want to be able to take vacations to the Bahamas later? Join a study group or try to make friends with kids that are interested in the same subjects as you. And again, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! Putting things off will make you feel overwhelmed and more likely to give up. Stay on top of your work and things won't seem as difficult. College can be fun if you take the right steps and stay disciplined. College is also a part of growing up and you will be forced to make tough choices. Don't be scared to do what you know is right for you and your future. Always be asking yourself "how can I do better?"

The best part about my school is the accessibility to teachers and tutors. The smaller class sizes allow for more interaction between professors and students. My school also has a wonderful tutor program. There are on-campus tutoring centers open seven days a week that caters to all subjects and are free of charge. I personally use these tutoring centers as much as possible. Any student planning on attending my school should feel comfortable knowing that if they are struggling help is available, and lots of it!

This school is a perfect fit for students who want to pursue a four-year degree or students who are still undecided about what to do. Starting at this community college helps relieve some of the financial stress of student loans while also providing top tier education from some amazing professors. If you are undecided on a major or not sure what you want to do for a career, H.A.C.C. is the best place to help you with those choices. Affordable education that prepares you for the next journey in life, whatever that journey may be!

Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.