Harrisburg, PA
Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

Aaron

The Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) is one of best places to go and learn for a career. It helps students continue their education from high school and gain more knowledge about their majors. HACC is also helpful when students want to transfer to other colleges and universities. But overall, it's a great place to hang out and meet people others have not seen and start to create friendships.

Shelbey
Your Typical Community college

Your Typical Community college

It's not the worst but not the best. If you went to a high school with high academic standards then HACC will feel like high school all over again. Some proffesors do treat you like you're in elementary school but all of them have do have good intentions. I haven't had a run in with abad professor yet.

Lindsey

HACC is well known for having a diverse group of students and the five different campuses allow for flexibility and variety of classes. Professors at HACC are well aware of students who are working full and/or part time jobs off campus as well as students with families and are willing to work schedules around that.

I would tell myself that I should still go to HACC but to start right away with classes for my Honors major and in turn I would have been able to graduate a year earlier.

I wish I had known how difficult it would be to transfer into a Costuming or Art program before I decided to go to HACC but I do not believe that would have changed my decision because the many great opportunities for study abroad and independent studies that I have been offered here at HACC are worth my time and money.

Chanel

Anime Club Christian Club SGA Nursing Organization Business

Very Diversity and Friendly

The academics are very excellent!!! The professors are very friendly

The number one thing I would tell my high school self "do not procrastinate!" School is only as hard as you make it. Stay focused on the bigger picture. Try and maintain a balance between school and your social life. It's ok to go out and have fun but remember what's important for your future. The sacrifices you make in college will pay dividends in real life. Do you want to party now or do you want to be able to take vacations to the Bahamas later? Join a study group or try to make friends with kids that are interested in the same subjects as you. And again, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! Putting things off will make you feel overwhelmed and more likely to give up. Stay on top of your work and things won't seem as difficult. College can be fun if you take the right steps and stay disciplined. College is also a part of growing up and you will be forced to make tough choices. Don't be scared to do what you know is right for you and your future. Always be asking yourself "how can I do better?"

The best part about my school is the accessibility to teachers and tutors. The smaller class sizes allow for more interaction between professors and students. My school also has a wonderful tutor program. There are on-campus tutoring centers open seven days a week that caters to all subjects and are free of charge. I personally use these tutoring centers as much as possible. Any student planning on attending my school should feel comfortable knowing that if they are struggling help is available, and lots of it!

This school is a perfect fit for students who want to pursue a four-year degree or students who are still undecided about what to do. Starting at this community college helps relieve some of the financial stress of student loans while also providing top tier education from some amazing professors. If you are undecided on a major or not sure what you want to do for a career, H.A.C.C. is the best place to help you with those choices. Affordable education that prepares you for the next journey in life, whatever that journey may be!

Gretchen

College will be a time of growth for you. Time will stand still as you build relationships and find your wings as an adult. It’s the first time you’ll be on your own and the path you choose to walk will shape the career you walk away with. Having been to college at three different points in my life I have learned a lot of lessons. My first experience boiled down to a $20,000 bar tab. The second was an extreme challenge while working fulltime but a healthy reminder of what I had taken for granted years before. Now 36 years old I have returned again to see a real degree through to the end and finally know the most important lesson of all. College isn’t about the beer, the sorority, the meal plan or the party. College isn’t even about the degree. It’s about education. It’s about learning and using your new knowledge to go out and improve your piece of the world. If you are not learning with passion, you are wasting your money and your time. Knowledge is power and I implore you to go out and grab your share!

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who wants to get their feet wet with the college scene before heading off to a large school. HACC offers a great variety and a strong start to building your degree. The professors are easily assessable and smart about the subjects they teach. They want you to share your opinion and move the conversation further. They appreciate your hard work and are always there for your needs and many questions. Some students need a stepping stone after high school and a college like HACC is just the answer!

There are two things I find valuable about my school. First I've had many incredible, passionate teachers to learn from. They made the burden of returning to school after almost a decade, a real breeze. They enabled me to find my voice and use the talents I thought I no longer had. Further, the course material and discussion questions in each class have been relevant and modern. I’m learning applicable ideas and debating issues you hear around every water cooler in America. I feel much more intune with the world and my place in it.

It is best known for being a cheap school, where anyone of any race and financial status can attend college, and then either graduate with an associates or transfer to 4-year college.

If I could talk to myself, back when I was about to graduate, I would tell myself that I shouldn't be nervous about what I would and would not be able to do. Yes, there are going to be days when the money is tight, and the homework is difficult. However, I have found that life has a way of working out for the better, if you make wise choices along the way. I feel that I am an intelligent person, and that, as long as I make wise choices, I will be able to accomplish anything, not just earning a college degree. I feel that I will also obtain the job I have always wanted. So, I would tell myself to not be intimidated. Although it will take time to see it, the future ahead is bright.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of people willing to join in groups. Because of this, groups such as the Music Group have had to be dropped. As a music buff, I wish that I was able to join the Music Group, and do more extracurricular activities with it.

Gretchen

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would not talk. I would yell at myself. I chose not to participate in any clubs or group organizations in high school or college and really struggled with being social. Making the transition to a community college did not provide as many opportunities to interact in sports, clubs or other extra curricular. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself how important it is to get involved no matter where you are in school or work. The ability to communicate and build relationships is priceless.

Alyssa

If I could speak to my high school self, I would tell her to STOP EATING JUNK FOOD. That is literally the only thing I regret doing. Once I got a job, I spent so much money on food and candy without realizing the repercussions of my actions. Soon, I began to understand when I gained a ton of weight and started noticing my clothes were getting tighter and tighter. I had always been bigger growing up, but it had really gotten out of hand. Now, in my second year in college, I go to the gym a lot more with the hope that I can lose more weight than I gained, but do regret eating all of that unhealthy food. I exercise frequently, and I’ve already lost a lot of weight, but I wish I had started sooner than now. Maybe if I started at age sixteen rather than nineteen, I could already have seen much better and faster results.

Harrisburg Area Community College has a wonderful staff. The teacher to staff ratio is smaller than larger colleges, so as a student, i feel I am getting more individualized help in the class room. The professors were welcoming and supportive. While taking my general education classes I wanted more help than others and it was more than welcomed. There is free turtoring for every subject which was also helpful to me and others.

When I talk about my college to my friends I always brag about the beauty of the campus. We have about five buildings with georgeous court yards between each one. The school committees take wonderful care of them during all the seasons. Trees and flowers blooming lovely colors keep the campus upbeat and comfortable.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high schooler, I dont think I would. My highschool carrer had its up and downs but I believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason. Every time I got a bad grade, I learned from it. Every friend ship/ break up that I went through, needed to happen. I see myself now as a respectful and responsible individual and if I changed anything in my past, I may be a differnt person now because of it.

Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.