Harrisburg, PA
Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

Jarayssa

My classmates are very kind and helpful individuals,and are very easy to get along with.

College is nothing like highschool. When you get there be prepared to take notes. If its put on the board write it down, if the teacher repeats it write it down, and if its put in a power point write it down. Go to tutoring if its offered you may think your work is worth an A but you should always get a second oppinion.Apply for your fasfa as soon as you do your taxes.the sooner the better. Use your time wisely or you'll fall behind. Get Your Work In on time. And most important bring snacks and a drink the classes are much longer than a highschool class period.

Some one who has a very busy life should attend HACC. Because you can pick your classes and set them so they coincide with the rest of your life. Whether you have young kids, single parent, fulltime worker or just want a calm environment HACC is right for you.

James

Pass GO. Collect $200. Go directly to College. DO NOT HESITATE! Pick a Major that reflects your personality and will help you grow as an individual AND as a productive member of society in todays world. Leave behind more than what you came in with. Aquire any resources that will transform your dream into a reality (e.g. grants, scholarships, loans, etc.). Enroll in a work/study program to show how important your education means to yourself and others. Limit your exspenses and roll any leftover funds into furthering your education. Try to get the most out of the least. Use your education aquired as a way of giving back for what you have received. Set future goals, ahead of you in life, that will help you to stay on track throughout your education and beyond. Use your education to better yourself, your fellow man, your country and your world. Be the best YOU you can be. Mainly, always love yourself and what you want to do in life. Make your education work for others besides yourself. Use your Degree as the key to open the doors of possibilities, and that will leave an imprint on the world around you.

Darah

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to straighten up my acts because college doesn't just hand you good grades. They are more strict on due dates, attendence, and doing work in general. You need to take notes, whether it's on something big or small. You never know what is going to be on a test or when a random test will come up. Make sure you attend every class. If you miss one, call your professors and let them know that you won't be there and why you won't be there. If it's a test day, don't miss class no matter what. Unless it's a major emergency. And if you happen to miss it, call and schedule the test with your professor.

I think the best thing about my school, Harrisburg Area Community College, is that the classes are more like a one on one basis. That helps me a lot with learning the material. There isn't more than 25 kids which makes it easier.

The worst thing about HACC is that they let anyone and everyone in. There is a lot of creepy people at night, and unfortunatly, I have a night class on Tuesday and Thursday. I always have to walk in a crowd.

Cassie

Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC)is unique because students are given the opportunity to receive an excellent education at a reasonable price. In addition, students who have graduated (high school) from one of the sponsored districts can get reduced tuition because their district will help pay for your education. Also, HACC offers evening classes for those who are working and online courses for those who prefer to learn at home. Blended courses are also availabe so that students can do some of their class work online and still have a teacher who they can interact with at the campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax and stop worrying about how everything would turn out. I would tell myself that everything would be just fine and that college is not as big of a deal as everybody makes it out to be. If you just keep studying like you are doing now in high school and doing your best, you won't have any trouble. I would encourage myself to stand up for what I believe in now in preparation for doing the same in college. I would remind myself to take projects one step at a time and to practice managing my time wisely in preparation for the numerous class projects that are all due in the same week. I would tell myself to take make time for exercise and to eat healthy foods so that my body will be at its best for class. Lastly, I would tell myself to keep God first and to spend time daily in His Word, the Bible because no matter what happens, God will always be with me, and he will take care of my needs.

I wish I had known about more of the scholarships that were offered for high school seniors. I applied for several scholarships, but found out later about more scholarships that I could have applied for.

Jacqueline

That it is a community college in Harrisburg PA. They have a very good nursing program.

Even though it is a community college there are many things to do on campus. There are a lot of students from so many different back grounds.

If I could go back in time and be a senior in high school. I would have gone to a 4 year college instead of a community college. For me tranfering to another school is very hard since I am in a routine and I have friends at my school and I am scared about leaving that. If I knew back then that I do now I would also have study more my first year of college. I did not take it as seriously as I should have.

Christopher

Harrisburg Area Community College is a good small school that helps one transition to a more developed and well known college...

As a high school student I never took studying for a test seriously nor did I realize I how difficult it would to pay for school. For me, taking test was very easy i hardly studied yet I excelled on all of my exams which I believed would transition well to college. Also in my final year I thought working and going to school would be a easy task for me to over come. Due to my poor study habits if I would go back in time and have a talk with myself as a high school senior I would lecture myself about how much work ethic is needed for every class. I would then tell myself that studying is a must for all classes in order to succeed in them. I also would advise my younger self that working and school is very difficult to do at the same time and I would need to devote all my time to my studies.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that they lack online classes for most subjects.

Casey

I feel that my school is doing a great job to fullfill my needs of learning the materials I will need long down the road. Being help with interviews and finding me a job to the instructors being understandable in class and with everybody's needs.

The advice I would give myself is to never drop out of college the first time and to try harder and longer to get help with financial aid and scholarships. I would also tell my high school self that in order to get what you want in college, grades wise or a good career, that you have to work hard and try your best to accomplish the goals you set for yourself.

Since I work and go to school full time the most frustrating thing is staying up late to finish homework. I work 45 hours a week so I like to get a good nights sleep but I also want to get straight A's in my classes so I stay up later to finish any assignments and reading that I may have to do. In the long run I know my current frustration will pay off.

CULLEN

Do not juggle too many balls. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, even a first semester college freshman, I would most definately tell my sell to limit the balls I am trying to juggle. Focus on college and not your part-time job, college, friends, etc. College as a freshman is hard enough and , yes, I was warned that I should not work too many hours as a freshman in a part-time job.. but did I listen? NO, I did not. Now i am playing catch up with credits. Limit the amount of things you must do, prioritize the things you want to do and LISTEN to advise from those that have been there.

The guidance office needs to be made larger and more effective. It appears to be understaffed with generic answers being given that does not really answer the question, what do I do next.

erik

HACC is a local community college that seems to make the effort to landscape beautifully that would rival four year colleges. The college is spaced out to make going from class to class easy.

When I was a senior, making memories was my main focus. I should have understood that, while it was important to enjoy your senior year, your future is just starting. I recently heard a phrase that "winners make it happen, loosers let it happen." Too often, I let things happen. I would tell myself to be more proactive, be more in charge. I would make a list of the things I NEED to do to reach my goal as a computer programmer. A good idea would be to have my lists done on a yearly basis so I could see achievement of goals more quickly. If I could talk to myself as a senior, I would say in a very loud and clear voice... STAY FOCUSED.

I think I assumed it would be like 13th grade. It was much harder than I thought and there was a lot of responsibility placed on you, the student. This year's enrollment is the largest they have had and securing classes , teacher's time, and advisor's time has been very competitive.

erik

There is very little guidance with regards to what classes would be a best fit with you AND your future. Sometimes it seems generic answers are given with regards to what classes to take and there is little consideration to which class you need and fits you with what class you would do best in. I do understand there are times where there is no choice but when there is a choice, sometimes it appears a generic,, quick answer is given. In addition, classes fill up very quickly.

This is the largest enrollment HACC has had, parking is difficult and securing the classes needed is very competitive. You may have to e mail a teacher several times to get a response. It feels as if my advisor really does not care about my future.

Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.