Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

Rosalyn

HACC is a wonderful opportunity available to me. When I first started classes I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to major in. Teachers and staff were more than helpful and understanding of that and any other issues or concerns I have during the semester. A great opportunity to get a good education affordably. HACC also offers dual enrollment for other nearby universities which in my case has be substantial in choosing my major, career choices, and decision making in my personal life. This is truly an equal opportunity school with the students best interest and success in mind.

Aaron

The Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) is one of best places to go and learn for a career. It helps students continue their education from high school and gain more knowledge about their majors. HACC is also helpful when students want to transfer to other colleges and universities. But overall, it's a great place to hang out and meet people others have not seen and start to create friendships.

Cara

When I first learned that HACC was a community college, I was prejudiced towards the idea of a community college. Their price fit my budget, but community college? Community college is always the punchline in the jokes. Then I decided to visit, and to my surprise, the campus was amazing. After going there for two semesters I am very pleased with the education I am receiving, I found some really great professors and a nice group of friends. The library and librarians are very nice, and they are great at promoting student-life activities. They have many Student Government sponsored events, such as cultural festivals, live musicians or dancers, pottery club presentations, theater shows, and special guest speakers. A few weeks ago, there was a giant zip line set up on campus for all the students to enjoy. Don't let the "community college" part of the title deter you from coming to this college. It is a great place to earn an associate degree for an affordable price, all while having lots of fun.

Khamelia

HACC is my first college and the experience has been great. I trust that my Professors are knowledgeable and they are easily accessible through e-mail and office hours. Student life is exciting and many intellectually stimulating conversations occur during class time. HACC is a great place to be and relative enjoyment is guaranteed.

Shelbey

It's not the worst but not the best. If you went to a high school with high academic standards then HACC will feel like high school all over again. Some proffesors do treat you like you're in elementary school but all of them have do have good intentions. I haven't had a run in with abad professor yet.

Allison

A really great school for education, but it is a community college and I don't live in the area I commute so I cannot say the party and friendly life is great. There is lots to do around town though, and if you are of age I am sure there's plenty of bars and fun places to go. It is in a nice, busy area. I am not sure if they have off campus housing or not.

My overall review of this college is a good one. I enjoy going to this school because all the professors are always available and are more than willing to help you succeed. The students who attend this school are not only diverse but intelligent, insightful and respectful. The academics are intriguing and interesting. The clubs are fun and a great place to meet people with similar interests. This school has so much to offer and has offered me so much already. I am proud to be one of it's students.

Gabriel

My overall opinion of the Harrisburg Area Community College‘s Harrisburg Campus is wonderful. I love the size of the campus and the multiple buildings, but nothing is better than the education that I receive from my great professors. I also love all of the support that I receive from everyone at the college.

Cole

I think it's a great school that has much to offer, but I personally don't have much of a desire to want to get more involved. I already get enough work from my classes to keep me busy, and it honestly feels like a more intense version of high school. I know community colleges get a rather negative reputation for being less professional and "easier" than a normal college, but the truth is that it's a great campus that is also very affordable, especially for people that may not be as financially stable. I look forward to seeing what the rest of my semesters at HACC have in store for me.

Harrison

HACC has been very good academically, classes have been very good as far as I can tell. The administration, though, has been lacking for the 2 Years I've spent there. It never feels like anyone in the administration building actually know how to do their jobs, rather it feels like there are a bunch of uninformed employees with one person who knows what to do.

Hope

My program was small, but mighty. Our professors helped us grow in all sorts of ways, but never gave us false hope about the industry we were getting into. They encouraged us to try new things, within and outside of the major. Our facility is probably our best asset. With a beautiful campus for our commuter students, and our recently updated student center, it really feels like home after your first semester.

Catherine

It's a great school, but only a very few majors are Bachelor Degree level. Most are for an Associates Degree. The professors and staff are knowledgeable and ready to answer any questions you might have. There is a good number of class options to choose from, and the staff really wants to help with your personal education.

Osvaldo

As a fellow student, I am thoroughly impressed with the campus and teachers chosen to mentor the students and expand our minds. The campus is conveniently located with something for everyone to do and enjoy. Overall, Harrisburg area community college is academically and characteristically a widely accepting school for people of all races and is undiscriminating, which makes it a gratifying experience.

Harrisburg Area Community College - Harrisburg is a good alternative to continue schooling and getting general courses completed without the high price. It provides many people with an opportunity to get a quality education without having massive amounts to debt.

Overall, it is a quiet college that you can really get your work done at. I am happy with the amount of extracurricular activities and opportunities they provide us for being a community college. Class sizes are on the smaller side which makes it easier to ask the professor questions.

Sylvia

The staff is generally helpful. Its a cheaper way to get a good education. I haven't had a good experience with financial help. I grew up in the Amish culture so stepping on campus was a culture shock to say the least. I was surprised at the irresponsibility so many students carry, I believe you will get out of it what you put into it .

LUKE

Overall, the campus is very safe and it is a great financial decision to attend HACC prior to attending another college. It saves lots of money, and the academics are fairly similar to most other universities. HACC is a great choice as well for those who do not know what they want to major in.

I am looking forward to my transfer and graduation experience with HACC and alongside my two children.

Mattie

The Harrisburg Area Community College provides students with an exceptional education at an affordable price. HACC’s dedicated teachers provide students with the knowledge they need to succeed. Their enthusiasm for teaching engages students and inspires them to learn. All of the professors I encountered at HACC encouraged students to ask questions and seek help outside of the classroom to ensure that they fully grasped the material. HACC also provides free tutoring, which I took advantage of during my time at HACC. I enjoyed the diverse community at HACC and admire HACC for anticipating and responding to the needs of its students. HACC understands that many of its students have work and family obligations to contend with and therefore accommodates these students with the option of online and night classes. HACC’s commitment to education for all makes me proud to be a HACC Hawk!

Crystal

I am an online student of this college but my experience has been exceptional. The professors are completely understanding and extremely helpful. Every time I go to the campus I always feel safe and welcomed and it is easy to find my way around. There are a remarkable amount of opportunities and I feel that there are so many things I can achieve at this institution.

Shelbie

I am actually a student on the Harrisburg Area Community College York Campus however, there wasn't a button for that. This college has wonderful professors. I haven't had a single problem with any of my on-campus professors. Some of my online classes have professors who are a little more difficult to work with but overall, the education provided has been thorough and I've enjoyed my classroom experiences. My biggest complaint has been with financial aid and advisers. The financial aid employees have at times been rude and not helpful in solving my problems or answering my questions. As far as my advisers, they have tried to help me as best they can but for the most part I have had to figure out my schedules on my own with my transfer school. Those have been my greatest frustrations but overall, HACC is a solid school for anyone looking to get started in pursuing their degree, even if they may not know what they want to do yet.

Makenzi

I love HACC. I have looked at a lot of different colleges to go for nursing and I always happen to come back to HACC as my first choice. It is affordable and just a familiar environment. I don't hate going to school, I actually love it. So to have a great atmosphere when I'm going to school makes it all better. The campus itself is beautiful with the landscape and all. The professors are wonderful, at least the ones that I have a pleasure of having.

Jasiah

It is a nice campus, with a great set of faculty there.

Britney

It is a really amazing campus. It is affordable and academically challenging.

Autumn

HACC is a good institution for students who are fresh out of high school that wish to transition into college life. But, however HACC doesn't offer enough opportunities student's need to excel further into their college career. HACC was a very friendly yet stagnant environment for me. Advising was not the best at times. Advisor's seemed to only be there just to do their jobs not actually help the student in need. HACC can do better in my opinion. You have to be very careful with some advisor's because they tell you what you want to hear, especially when it comes to transferring. I have experienced this myself and ended up having to stay longer than what I expected. Don't take this personally this is just a heads up. I have had good moments while attending HACC, like taking trips to Philadelphia every fall semester. There are some professor's and advisor's at HACC that do care for your college education and do push you to reach your potential. I appreciate my experience at HACC, it taught me the basics of college life.

madison

I love HACC. HACC has given me the chance to go to school and still be able to have an outside life. I think its great they have several campuses so people that attend their school do have to drive super far and can sill live at home. The atmosphere is great, everyone is so friendly from the teachers to fellow students. Everyone is always willing to help if they can.

Michelle

Good school with good resources.

Courtney

Overall I love HACC! I love the teachers, they are so helpful and understanding. Being as though we aren't that big of a school the teachers are more interactive with you. They make sure you know what is going on but on the other hand they don't baby you. The students are just as sweet as the teachers, easy to talk to and spark a conversation with. I love everything about my school.

Jaime Juan

I enjoyed getting my associate's degree at HACC - I saved a lot on tuition and fees; taking general and core specific classes, instead of the more costly four year university. Being your own adviser on which classes to take and when, per program helped me graduate much quicker. I am grateful for the instructors and students who challenged me. I enjoyed my SGA involvement, even if it was only for one semester. I also looked forward to the theater productions and art galleries. Whether it is the usual weekday morning - afternoon classes or the nights and weekends classes; you'll enjoy yourself. I also preferred longer classes over the shorter high school based duration. There were a lot of clubs that gathered in the cafeteria, when I went to get food.

Christopher

I think it is a great place for people who do not exactly what they want yet but still want an education. I came to Hacc because I wanted to take a year off to audition for schools for musical theatre but I did not want to spend the whole year without and education and that was a perfect decision for me.

Kelsey

HACC is an extremely welcoming community college. They're passionate about equality and supporting they're students. Though the campus/facilities may not be "top of the line" they are well kept and used generously. In my experience all Professors and staff members have been willing to go above and beyond for their students and I would recommend my school to anyone based on this and the standard of education alone. Don't judge a book by it's cover with this school!