Harrisburg Area Community College-Lancaster Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Harrisburg Area Community College-Lancaster

Amber

I have been going to HACC for a few years now. I am in the nursing program, currently one year left in clinical part time. The Lancaster campus itself is great, it is clean, inviting, and safe. The class sizes are not too big and professors and usually very nice and accessible. The only complaint is in the nursing department. It is very unorganized and they seem not to know what is going on. Each semester things are thrown at us last minute and communication can be very lacked sometimes.

Sara

I was a student at HACC for 6 years! I absolutely enjoyed the amenities on campus as well as my overall academic experience. There are always professors and tutors available to help you. The Financial Aid office is also extremely helpful. The campus is large, but easy to navigate. The tuition is reasonably priced and you definitely get a well rounded academic experience.

skarlett

My overall opinion of HACC-Lancaster is that the environment is very welcoming! You can ask anyone you see a question and everyone is very helpful! It's a very clean and professional campus. HACC offers a wide variety of food chooses, so there is something for everyone including vegans. Hacc also has a variety of sports to choose from!

Charlotte

It was a great school for me to be able to participate in dual enrollment and get a headstart on my postsecondary education before I graduate high school and went off to a four-year university. I thoroughly enjoyed my two semesters at HACC Lancaster Campus.

Brooke

The Harrisburg Area Community College at the Lancaster Campus is probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Many of my friends decided to go straight to a 4-year college right away instead of starting out at a community college. I’m not saying that’s the wrong choice but by all means, you save a whole lot more money by attending your local community college first. You are able to get all of your general education classes out of the way for a much cheaper amount than a 4-year college. Also, it just depends where you graduate from, not where you start out. I have talked to many family members about this issue on what college to go to and most of them said the same thing: that is the best decision you could make by starting out at a local community college and then working your way up to a more pristine college. I can honestly say that I look forward to going to school each and every day and even though I’m not getting the full ‘college experience’ by living on campus and participating in many activities, I feel as though this is a good step in the right direction for me. Instead of being thrown from your typical high school into living on-campus at a 4-year college, you are simply just ‘getting your feet wet’ and deciding if college is even right for you or not. I know people who have hated college and couldn’t wait to finish but that is usually because they started out on the wrong end. They started out at a 4-year college and just had no idea what to expect. Harrisburg Area Community College, at either campus, is a great place to start out because everyone there is just so nice and willing to help you out no matter what.

Kristal

I recently finished my first year of college and it was not what I expected, I mean that in the best way possible. As we all know there is a bad stigma around community colleges and I honestly thought that it was going to be horrible and it is the complete opposite. I feel so welcomed and accepted the professors are nothing like what they display in movies they are always there and always available to help and answer every question you can have. At first I just wanted to go for one year then transfer but after my first semester I decided to stay and earn my associates degree to then transfer and get my bachelors not only because its cheaper but because it is worth it! I really recommend this college to anyone, mostly if you were a high school graduate who didn't know how to find their way but felt the need to start somewhere. HACC is a great start.

Dylan

It is a nice school with friendly people. A wide variety of classes and majors. I would say the math department seems like it's, lacking in professors as you progress. Financial aid department are on their toes to help anyone. Security guards greet you with a smile each and everyday.

An excellent 2-year school with great facilities. Conveniently located off Route 30, a variety of class times are offered to fit in anyone's schedule. HACC of Lancaster employs a friendly staff to assist student needs. Professors are extremely helpful and have real-world knowledge of their subjects. Class sizes are perfect; averaging 22 students.

Rubina

I liked it overall. Its great learning experience.

Brielle

I love the school! I am able to earn my nursing degree at a competitive school as a cheaper rate than I would anywhere else. Majority of my professors so far have been extremely helpful and always encourage us to learn more. I have only had a negative experience with a professor once. She did not seem to care too much about the class and when students asked questions beyond the textbook she would say it is something we do not need to know. The cafeteria is fairly quiet and large. The library has plenty of computers for student use, and always quiet. The tutors in the tutoring center are amazing and explain concepts easily. Overall, I am happy with my decision to come to HACC and I know it was the right decision for me.

Kate

It's a very good campus. They have small class sizes and very intelligent professors who are very involved with their students. Even though HACC is a two year campus, students have been known to keep in touch with their professors after they graduate. As a nursing student HACC is in a great position for education. It is a very affordable program and have clinical at major health systems in the heart of South Central PA. Graduation sets students up for competitive positions at very prestigious institutions such as Hershey Medical Center and Penn Medicine.

Kalina

It was a good stepping stone for those who'd like to save a bit of money for school. I wish there were more majors offered because I could've earned a couple more credits before I transferred. I love the professors though, they really keep the classes fun and engaging! The buses run right on campus so it is easy to get to and fro. I do wish there was a better fitness facility on campus. Food was okay I guess.