Lebanon, PA
Harrisburg Area Community College-Lebanon

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harrisburg Area Community College-Lebanon

This community college is well suited for mid-lifers who are changing careers and for those who want to start or further their education; it offers quality, professional, progressive, affordable, and flexible programs.

Eager to learn and to share experiences at the college.

It is okay not to know what career path you will ultimately take. The world is huge, opportunities vast, and you will never stop learning. So as you embark on your college career have fun, take your studies seriously, and do volunteer work to be of service to others. All this will be to your benefit.

STEPHANIE

I WOULD CONVINCE MYSELF TO PURSUE A 4 YEAR COLLEGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I WOULD CONVINCE MYSELF TO PURSUE A 4 YEAR COLLEGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I THINK AND FEEL LIKE HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE SHOULD NOT DISCRIMINATE ANY STUDENT/APPLICATION ACCORRDING TO AGE,SEX,RACE,RELIGION,ECT. I FEEL ALL LEGAL CITIZENS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO ATTEND.

ANYONE WHO IS ILLEGAL OR ENDANGERING OTHERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND.

The first thing I would tell my high school senior self would be to relax. I would tell myself not to worry about being able to afford to go to college. It would be important to tell myself that there is financial assistance available to anyone with the drive to make their life better by getting a college degree. Also, I'd tell myself not to question my ability to "make-it" as an adult. When you enter college it's natural to be afraid of doing things more independently. For example , In high school you took the bus to school and now you drive in your own car, you have more freedom as a college student but also more responsiblilties. Most importantly I would tell myself to continue doing what I did all four years in high school, study. I learned that college is in many ways just like high school, if you have good study habits and have a goal in mind for your future you will succeed. Lastly, I would tell my younger self not to worry about the soical aspects of college, if you are friendly to people most will be friendly to you.

Before I became a student of Harrisburg Area Community College I wish I would have had a better understanding of the financial aid process. Many students are worried about how they will get together enough money to go to college. I did not know that I could get so much help with paying for college through financial aid and scholarships. If I could have known about all the help that is available to prospective students I would have worried less about paying for college and focused more on actually enrolling in college.

The type of person who could attend my school would be anyone who wants to better their life by taking the next step in their education and going to college. People who may have children or full-time jobs are also welcome because my school offers financial aid and evening classes for those with a busy schedule. Most of all, a person attending Harrisburg Area Community college should have the desire to dedicate their time to their classes, and have a stong desire to reach their academic goals.

Anndreana

My classmates to not get involved in class participations, making the class less interesting and dull.

If I had the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would change many things. First, I would have changed my senior year by preparing myself for taking my SATs and studying for my SATs because colleges and universities select students based on how students scored on these tests. Second, I would take more honor classes instead of academic classes because they would have prepared me for college entry classes. Third, I would have gotten more involved into school clubs and activities like sports because colleges and universities look for leaders and not followers. Another advice I would have given myself would be to take classes more serious, instead of worrying about my job because that took many hours that I could have used for studying. All these changed would have made my senior year more enjoyable and prepared me for a better experience during my first semester at a higher education institution.

There is not a big variety of classes a student can take in one campus., this is a problem because students would have to take online classes or travel an hour to other campuses. There is lack of parking as we do not have a specified area for student parking it is a hassle finding parking.

Linda

The only advice I could give myself would be FINISH highschool stupid.

The only advice I could give myself would be FINISH highschool stupid.

The best thing about the community college I attended is that even if you're a highschool dropout that has gotten a GED you will be accepted to the school. It was a great starting point for me to get into college and I'm able to continue at a four year school with an associates degree when I was a highschool dropout. It didn't matter that I didn't take the SAT or ACT tests and that I didn't do well in highschool. I was able to start over with a clean slate.

I didn't get to walk for graduation because there was a blizzard I didn't want to drive in and they didn't reschedule. Other than that the school was great.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to start out at a community college and later transfer if I am not sure of my major or where I would like to go to school in the beginning. I would also tell myself to make sure to set aside time for my studies and not overwhelm myself with work and social activities, and that good time management skills and a high level of self discipline are essential to college success. Lastly, I would tell myself that college is a great new experience that will allow me to make a lot of new friends and learn, as well as try new things.

There are not as many fun activities as there are at four year colleges, and there is no housing on campus.

I graduate a year earlier than my friends who are at four year colleges, and I will start out making alot of money.

Harrisburg Area Community College-Lebanon administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.