Oneonta, NY
Hartwick College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hartwick College

Aaron

I love the atmosphere here at Hartwick College. Everyone is nice and inviting and it makes for a great community. The professors are great and are always willing to sit down with you and help you. The administration is always willing to go as deep as they need to in order to help the students.

Theodore

This school is overall decent. I might transfer but have not made a decision. The academics are really easy in my opinion. The food is decent but it's more likely for the food to be bad than good throughout the week. Everybody at this school is friendly. The professors clearly care about the work which is contrary to popular belief about college. The party scene is pretty good, there are lots of sororities but two fraternities that throw parties which is a bit odd. Overall this is a decent school.

Kevin

A small, liberal arts school in upstate NY -- and lives up to that description. If you're into small class sizes with knowledgeable Professors that care about your performance, then this is the school for you. If you want to be involved with the college community and really make an impact on how the school runs, then this is also the place for you. However, if you're looking for a large socil school with a big-city nightlife and football games in packed stadiums, then look elsewhere. Facilities are on the older side, but with recent renovations and new construction the school is getting a much-needed facelift.

Vonda

Hartwick College will give you an experience unlike you'd ever imagine, if you'll take advantage of what's been made availabl...

Hartwick College will give you an experience unlike you'd ever imagine, if you'll take advantage of what's been made available.

I would encourage myself as a high school senior to explore every subject, class, club, program, etc. that Hartwick College is going to offer the moment you arrive on campus. You'll have an unforgettable, enriching experience if you will embrace it. And don't be afraid to speak with your professors about their academic journey.

Any student ready to experience a new, rewarding opportunity.

Bianca

fun, partying, traveling, international

fun, partying, traveling, international

Dear Bianca,Before you go to hartwick I want to give you some advice. Make sure you keep your strong work ethic because it can be really easy to forget about school. You are going to have a lot of opportunities to travel and you are going to question if you should go or not. Take the opportunities. Your friends will always be there. Don't be afraid to be really successful. A lot of your friends may tease you but never lower your standards because others don't want to rise to yours. And listen to Professor Davis. You will come into school with very close-minded views and you will think he is an idiot at first, but he is a really great professor and you are going to learn the most from him. Also make sure you thank Malissa and professor Mitchell. Both of them go out of their way to make sure you succeed. Most of all enjoy every single minute of your time in college. Before you know it you will be crying at graduation and looking back on all of your memories. Have fun at Wick! Bianca

Awesome staff and the flexibility in the programs which alllowed me to travel.

Marisa

The advice I would give my younger self is probably different from most. Maybe some would say "Don't procrastinate" or "do all of the homework and don't skip any classes." But, for me, I would tell my high school self that, no matter how cliché it sounds, things do get better, don't give up. Things are going to be harder in high school, but they don't have to be that way in college. Open up more-- people are more accepting in college because they are more mature. Don't hang out with the wrong crowd, it's good to let loose once in a while but don't make a habit out of it. Remember that naps are good, too. You'll find yourself going to sleep late during the week to finish a paper or at four in the morning on the weekend and waking up at eight in the morning because you don't want to miss anything. Sleep is healthy and you won't miss a thing. One last thing, you don't need anyone else to make you happy as long as you are doing what you love. Don't give up.

The worst thing about my school so far is the system in which students register for their classes, most freshmen do not get the classes that they want or need because they register last. It makes me feel like I am going to be put behind in future years.

Joseph

Classmates are full of energy, enjoying making new friends, they are very open to everyone.

Going back and talking to myself the first piece of advice I would give myself is do as much as you can to pay for college. I would urge myself to take all opportunity to find part time jobs during school, as well as apply for as many scholarships as possible. All people say is that free money is the best money and that is the truth, I would not stop telling the past version of me to fill out scholarships. Next I would tell myself to have more fun with my friends and make the last summer more memorable by going to more school functions like the all night party and prom.

anyone can attend this school. their is an opportunity for everyone to be comfortable and have an enjoyable learning experience.

Grace

The class of 2015 is a very independent and confident group of students that knows their goals and actively takes action to reach them

Hartwick College is a true community. We have a small student body but it allows us to develop solid groups of friends. When I first visited I thought I would feel suffocated at such a small school, I was more interested in larger universities. On my second visit, my original tour guide passed me on campus remembered my face and anticipated major. That really stood out to me and made me think about what it would be like to attend a smaller campus.

My graduating class consisted of 44 students including me. I had known most of them since middle school and my classmates became my family. I was very comfortable and friendly in this environment but I had very little work ethic or drive to learn. I was concerned with enjoying every moment of my experience, keeping the peace and volunteering but I graduate an average student with nothing to show for my time and energy. I would encourage my younger self to step out of my comfort zone and achieve more than what was required of me. I was soft spoken even on topics that I understood or really interested me. I had many opportunites to lead discussions, attend conferences and workshops and participate in projects that I never pursued because I did not see the relevance. Fast forward to college, I joined 4 organizations during my freshman year and I have participated in many extra credit projects. I'm involved in an off campus internship that has helped me pave the way to reaching my goals and it is so fulfilling. I wish that I learned to enjoy my responsibilities and take advantage of my intellectual potential in high school.

Gerald

What's unique about Hartwick? Everything is! The sights are breath taking, the area is great, the people are wonderful, and not, but not lease, the education is top notch! You will not be wating your money getting an education here. If you can think of it, you can do it at Hartwick college! Everything that you could possibly imagine is at your finger tips. The oppurtunity to go study abroad, internship, shadow, and just plan out be sucessful in every way. This college is great and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Your senior year of high school is a busy time. Between taking standarized test, worrying about your transcript, doing your college search, sending out your applications and waiting to find out about admissions at your colleges and universities, it’s understandable that you would be tempted to put all that school stuff aside and have fun with your friends. But keep your eyes on the education prize. Balance is key: Take breaks to recharge and have fun, but don’t let senioritis overtake you and make your college options slip away. Starting college, Don’t be fooled by the idea that a second paper or a midterm quiz doesn't make that much of a difference. Everything counts. Even if something is only worth five percent of your grade, take it seriously. That extra five percent might be what pushes you from a B to A. Professors understand all the challenges you’re facing, and many of them are nice enough to offer extra help during the year. This help can be in the form of extra office hours, a review of topics covered, study guides, sample exams, or other tools to help you improve your grade. Take advantage.

The kind of people who shouldn't come to Hartwick are the people who don't want to become better than what they are now. This college makes you grow as a person and as an individual in society. There shouldn't be no reasons for someone not to come here.

Tashiem

My classmates are very amicable people.

My classmates are very amicable people.

If I could give my high school senior self advice, I would say to enjoy your last year in high school and cherish every moment you have as a high school student. As eager as we are to leave for college, it is not what the media perceives it to be. You can go ahead & party, but party too much & not do your work, you will fail out. The reason is because in college, everything feels like a job. When you step on campus, procrasinating goes out the window. You will have too much work to put off to side to go on Twitter or YouTube. Time is everything in college. You have to learn to budget your time to avoid pulling all-nighters. One last thing, keep in touch with your close friends & family. Talk to them once or twice a week to keep them updated on your life because even though you're meeting new people in college, your close friends & family will look out for you until the end of time.

The worst part about Hartwick is that it's located on a hill, which means you're walking on nothing but flights of stairs. I consider that to be the worse thing because it snows occasionally and with ice on the stairs, it can be dangerous for people rushing to class because it takes one false step on the stairs to slip and end up in the hospital.

Hartwick College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.