Oneonta, NY
Hartwick College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hartwick College

Timothy

Life at Hartwick College is very diverse. You meet at lot of people of different ethnic groups and become friends with almost everybody since the campus is small; only 1500 students. The best advice i would give myself if I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to go out and meet every person you could and become friends with as many people as you can. College is not enjoyable without the friends one can make on college campus's. Most of the people at Hartwick College are very friendly to begin with and are willing to just hang out anytime. I would tell myself to just go with the flow and grab life by the horns, live life to the fullest and enjoy the four years of college with the many friends you meet at college, because the four years will be over before you know it.

I believe the best thing about my school is the willingness of the professors to help out the students. The professors are always availiable during thier office hours and also out of thier office hours if any students need help academically or just general help with other issues. The faculity at Hartwick College are very helpful and have always been there for me and other students when they needed any type of help or questions and helped the students to the best of thier ability.

I think the kind of person who shouldn't attend Hartwick College is one that has just coasted by in grade school. Hartwick College challenges people to think outside of the box for answers and is determined to bring the world into the classroom; which is Hartwick College's motto.

Joseph

its good I enojy it its not to big but not to small so everybody has a sense that they know everyone else and meet friends here that you'll be friends with for the rest of your life, its a building block to help establish and help people find what they want to do with their lives after college the encouragement from teachers to succeed and the relationships you build here are everlasting.

Go for it. Dont hold anything back, it may be hard at times, it might seem like there almost to much between school sports and social life but its well worth it. You might just have to buckle down in the library for a day or two and you'll get through it. all you need is that determination to finish through knowing at the end of it. Classes may come and go but that education and those friendships and bonds that you have built with people over the last few years will be everlasting. And the experiences you do not want to miss out on it. So throw caution to the wind, jump right in and go for it. Just remember school first, sports and social life second and third.

the school at times can be a little bit clicky with small secluded groups but its usually jsut a phase that veryone goes through and by the next week everyones back to normal.

lourine

I would tell myself to be serious about education especially when the only responsibility i have is to be the best i can be.

Education in my opinion is important for all people regardless of who you are. My only misgiving will be towards those people who are criminals.

Hartwick College is a school that prides itself with giving the best education to its students. It is one of the best pivate universities in the United States. To be a graduate of Hartwick College will give me a sence of pride when applying for a job because Hartwick has earned a repution of being the best in what they do. I am honored to be given this opportunity by hartwick to achieve my dream of becoming a registered nurse. I hope that through your help this journey would be made much easier. Thank you very much.

Julie

You don't have to be 100% sure on your degree plan. Just have an idea of what you're interested in and go with that; it's ok to change your degree plan. Be willing to take classes that are outside of your degree plan to get a well-rounded academic experience. Just focusing on studies doesn't leave much time to make friends. Find balance by taking time; schedule if necessary, free time to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of college. Take the time then, you won't be able to 'do' your 1st experience at college again. Join more clubs, make more friends. There's more to life after graduation than the grades you made. Unless you're going to law school or medical school, passing grades is all you need. Employers don't care your grades or activities, rather, can you do the job you're given. That simple.

Someone who is willing to work hard and put in the time needed to pass your classes. The person needs to either take good notes or be an auditory learner because many of the classes are lecture only; textbook reading material is done on your own.

Scheduling classes efficently but still allow for getting across campus to the different buildings

Jordan

It's rigorous courseload.

It's rigorous courseload.

I would tell myself that college is a big deal and I should plan accordingly for it. That said, I would have broadened my college search from just small liberal arts schools to all schools, including large state universities. Student loans are a kicker and when you know that the amount of debt keeps piling up year after year, other options such as a state school sound more appealing. It's not about your undergrad school anymore, rather, it's about your graduate school and beyond. Another thing that's important is the idea of coming into school with a clear plan. Freshman year is no time to dilly-dally. Know priorities and career paths before actually paying for courses you don't necessarily find interesting--research, research, research.

A lazy individual that doesn't want to do work. You will do work, but you will learn a lot at the same time.

jill

i wouldn't have told myself anything different becasue everything happens for a reason

some one who is into liberal arts and environmetally friendly someone who is looking for a small school in a small town someone who is looking for small class sizes

somone who is looking for big school with big town feel

Carolyn

The other students at Hartwick in general are very nice, intelligent individuals who are willing to help thier peers with almost anything they need.

Looking back to when I was a high school senior the number one thing I would tell myself is to believe that I could do anything I wanted. That accomplishing dreams is entirely possible. That the key to success is first focusing on the long term goal and then breaking it down into managable steps. Once the steps are decided remember that there is always wiggle room and to not get too stressed out if something gets out of order or does not work. To always remember there are multiple ways of doing things and if you fail try again until you succeed. I believe if I was able to tell myself these things as a senior the transition to college would have been smoother and easier mentally. Because there is always an alternative to accomplishing your goals and if you keep your eye on that goal and your head up once the goal is accomplished you feel as though you are on top of the clouds.

I believe the best part of Hartwick college is the learning community. Whether you are in the Library, your dorm room, or any of the other buildings around campus you are able to study. The professors are always available to give extra assistance if you need it and are generally very understanding individuals. Outside of studies there are many events and programs to attend to relax and have fun with friends.

I would tell myself to stay focused. I went to a catholic school and it helped me be prepared more for the future than the public school I had planned on going to did. I was a good student and kept my grades up, but I would slip from time to time. So staying focused is the main thing for me. I use to procrastinate in highschool, but once i attended college, I cannot or else I will be very far behind. Being a college student is a job itself, but needs to be done and can only help you in the future. Also I would tell myself to make sure to stay who you are and have fun with whatever you do. Life is too short to sit back and wait for things to happen, go take as many chances as you can!

I like my school because it is smaller than huge universities which never really suited me. its about 1500 students in total with a state school less than 5 minutes away. I like the smaller classroom sizes and how I am not just a number, my professors know my name. The classes are interesting as well and keep you up to date with the work needed to be done.

the only part I dont like it that is it is a very small town. It has all the necessities like groceries, pharmacies, and neighborhoods, but it seems very small, and that you might have to drive for a bit to go and do something else that is different like bigger malls and museums, etc.

Tiffany

Due to the fact that I have decided to go back to school in my thirties, I would tell that senior to "Go to college!". At that time I was too preoccupied with a relationship and working to realize the importance of school. I had always received good grades and had been an exemplary student. But, I was too immature to understand what I was giving up by not attending college. Now that I am back in school, I love it! I am soaking up as much knowledge as I can and really enjoying this second chance. That silly little senior that just wanted to go out and get a job really missed out on a lot of experiences that college could have offered her. Then again, maybe I was meant to have these experiences later in life when I could appreciate them even more.

Joseph

Harwick College stands out as the small private school ontop of Oneonta. Most people know Hartwick for the education it provides, and for the beutiful campus that it has. There has also been comments about Hartwick being some kind of elite group. This elite group people speak of means that the students that go to this college stick together. A school of 1500 students has that option unlike a huge university where most kids even do not know their fellow classmates. These are the things Hartwick is best known for.

I would tell myself as a High School Senior that college life is exciting, and to not to be scared of it. College is a chance to really excel in higher learner for myself, and it is something not to be taken lightly. To think of myself as a diamond in the rough that needs lots of polishing, eventually I will shine like that diamond to become that well rounded, educated man that will shine with brilliance to the prospective employers and to the people around me. I would advise myself to pick my friends wisely. I would tell myself to align myself with ones that are as serious about their future as I am. For the first time in my life I am going to be on my own. Every decision I make will come with rewards or consequences. Think through those choices and make the decisions that will enhance my future and me as a student, along with others around me. Finally, I would advise myself to be careful of what I did with these new found freedoms and responsibilities, not to take advantage of them. With all this in mind, enjoy these years.

I consider the size of Hartwick to be the best quality. The small private school educating no more then 1500 students might not be for everyone, but I cannot think of one thing that is wrong with it. A small school like this has small classes averaging around 20 students per class. This way, teachers can actually get involved with their students and know them on a personal level, which I think, increases my education and what I take away from this college. A small school like Hartwick also allows students to become very acquainted with one another.

Hartwick College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.