Oneonta, NY
Hartwick College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hartwick College

Matthew

Its a very outgoing, accempting school where everyone gets along.

Its a very outgoing, accempting school where everyone gets along.

I have made many different great experiences whiling attending Hartwick College. The school has opened my eyes to many different things, and have done things that i would of never thought i do.

I mostly brag about our outstanding football team.

Alicia

Don't be afraid if you don't make close friends in the first semester. These things take time. Have all of your financial aid paperwork in order and make copies of everything. Try as many new activities as you can without getting overwhelmed. Find some time each day for yourself. Write for an hour every day. Ask lots of questions--you only get to be this clueless once. Do NOT procrastinate. You only hurt yourself when you do. Take as many weekend trips as possible. Go on job shadows and ask for advice when you need it. Stand up for yourself when necessary, but try to hear other people out before you fly off the handle. Sleep well, eat well, be well. Most importantly, don't worry. If it's meant to be, you'll find a way.

Lindsey

The first thing I would tell myself is, "It's okay, talk to people. They're all experiencing the same thing; New people, new place." secondly I would tell myself, "If your approved for workstudy, find a job. NOW! Because when the jobs are gone, they're gone. And if you don't work all the hours they give you know, they just won't give you a job next year." One of the last major pieces of important informations is that, "Procrastination may have worked in high school and weekend homework could wait till sunday night. But that doesn't work so well now because if you don't do your homework, the teacher doesn't really care, you fail, and you've wasted a crap load of money. Nice job."

I wish i had known it was a sports oriented school. It seems like everyone i meet is on some sort of sports team. This gives people a certain group of friends and tends to get "clicky."

The worst thing about my school is that its on a hill. Therefore, there are many stairs. This along with the fact that in most of the buildings there aren't many elevators, it makes it very hard for those who are handicapped to get around. im sure it has discouraged many with physical ailments from attending.

Heather

"Heather," I would say to myself, "Suck it up and stick it out!" Sometimes life has a way of being difficult, and working instead of learning can be such an enticing choice. It is WORTH IT to take the time and finish your degree before you become set in your ways and have bills that can't exactly be pushed aside to pay tuition instead. College is an investment in your future, and although it sounds appealing to go out into the world and make your own way, you are much better prepared to take care of yourself with a degree in hand. At 28, I will begin my last two years to complete my bachelors degree. I am looking forward to finally finishing it, but I wish I could have had my adult self to shake some sense into my teenage self about ten years ago. So as an adult, I am now saying to myself, "Heather, suck it up and stick it out!" It is time to get the degree done!

Hartwick has a beautiful campus but is very cliquey.

Hartwick has a beautiful campus but is very cliquey.

Nursing is a very hard major. The workload is tough and will get the best of you. You have keep your chin up and keep telling yourself you can do it. Make sure you put all your effort you can into it. College years are the best years of your life. Enjoy it.

I wish I would have known more about the school itself. I really only cared about the nursing program when I was college hunting.

Jaclyn

My classmates tend to ascribe to the motto: "Work Hard, Play Hard".

My classmates tend to ascribe to the motto: "Work Hard, Play Hard".

Hartwick College is known as being the best school on the western side of Oneonta, New York. Less importantly, it is known for its Division 1 men's soccer program and its nursing program.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably just reassure myself. I am from Texas and had never been farther east than Arkansas, so I was quite worried about going to New York for the first time only a few days before classes started. Throughout high school, I had an admittedly terrible work ethic and was worried that I wouldn't be able to change that about myself.

Michaela

Friendly and diverse students who care about their futures as well as their immediate surroundings and obligations make up the classmates I most often interacted with at Hartwick College.

Know that there is no such thing as the perfect school at first. It is only when you look back, after college, at the friends, connections, and educational advances you've gained that you will know that the school you chose was perfect for you. Be fearless. Connect with people, follow your passion, and above all take advantage of everything you can. You never know what opportunity will lead you do a sucessful and awarding lifestyle after college. Remember that the education you recieve in the classroom is only one part of your overall education, take advantage of all your surroundings. Be prepared for the possibility that you still have unfound strengths and that others will take notice of your ambition. Enjoy your time and occasionally meditate on your position and how fortunate you are to be recieving such a fantastic education. Succeed daily and help those around you to create a rewarding circle of friends and long term connections in life.

Someone who is outgoing, environmentally aware and active, somewhat liberal, and interested in recieving a mixed liberal arts education preparing them not only in a specific field, but also academically assuring their intelectual well-roundedness would do well on this campus.

They are all different.

They are all different.

I would tell myself that everyone has a place to fit in. I would want to push myself to succeed, to the best of my ability, from day one. You have to make sure you can balance out your academic responsibilities and social life. Also, to be open to many new experience and to give everything a chance, find ways to be involved. The decisons you make will determine what you get out of your time at school, and the experieces you have. Try your hardest, always.

Whether or not the cost would be worth the experience.

Darcy

I would tell myself to prepare to be beat down acedemically for the first Three years. Also that when you are ready to solve problems with a plethora of new ideas you will be shot down in order to save the college from doing extra paperwork. Also since you have a learning disability be prepared to be shoved off to another departement which inturn tell you that they have no helping program for your Major. Also to sleep before you step foot on campus because if you do continue to do your sport you will never have time for anything but that and studies even though it is only a Division three school. However, definetly go to College because you will meet those few professors and friends that you will embrace and enjoy for the rest of your life!

The worst thing about Hartwick is the fact that they do not offer the courses needed or required in the time aloted to graduate. The professors are unable to think outside of the box when problems arise and it impares the student to get their education properly. There is also an often occurancce of being punished for trying to work harder or overachieve.

The night life at Hartwick is very fun and is often where you meet the most people. There are also a great deal of student athletes which keeps the campus going on a competitve level. The art department is the only thing that got me through all four years.

Caitlin

Its best known for the size, and also the ivy league feel. Alot of students that attend here are from a more wealthy background and the financial aid coming in that is offered is a big help but it doesn't go far enough for many. So I would say the status is well known for the higher class.

The first thing would be, don't worry, you can do it, the transition is just another step in life's path. Sure there are late nights and stressful finals, with a need to dedicate time to friends, but what you really need to think about is the time after college. Your undergraduate years are to focus in on what you want to do, make friends, make connections with professors and alumni, and work at the intended job you want. The entirety of the four years should be preparing for graduate school, and finding what you really want to do with your life. College is another step, just like high school from middle school. It is a necessary one, and the time between this step and the next is going to be a challenge, but its possible with effort and dedication.

The school is not as hands on as it advertises and they sell it as a small college, but are trying to expand it for more money. So the classes are now growing to a larger student to teacher ratio which is not what I would have originally wanted. I wanted the small classes and more time to have one on one with the professors.

Hartwick College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.