Oneonta, NY

Hartwick College

« See more reviews of Hartwick College

The worst thing about this school is the administration. The administration here is not transparent enough and quite frankly, I'm dissapointed in how they handle a crisis. I was raped by my Tennis Coach and the administration here is trying to cover it up. I was assaulted by another student and she wasn't punished at all. I feel like politics and money play a big role in this school and since I'm not strong in either category--mostly because my family isn't wealthy, the administration doesn't care about my best interests.

It is important to note that it is taking me quite a long time to come up with an answer for this question. No complaint jumps to mind and I have not had any negative experiences to speak of. The only detail that I am having issue with is my dorm building. It is freshman housing so we have a lot of damages that we must pay for. In general, Smith is the ghetto dorm but I hear the other buildings are great in comparison.

The worst thing about Hartwick is the fact that they do not offer the courses needed or required in the time aloted to graduate. The professors are unable to think outside of the box when problems arise and it impares the student to get their education properly. There is also an often occurancce of being punished for trying to work harder or overachieve.

The worst part about Hartwick is that it's located on a hill, which means you're walking on nothing but flights of stairs. I consider that to be the worse thing because it snows occasionally and with ice on the stairs, it can be dangerous for people rushing to class because it takes one false step on the stairs to slip and end up in the hospital.

The lack of acceptance from professors that college students have a lot of work to do, that things come up and that we have problems, we aren't robots. Another equally unfortunate thing is that a lot of students are promised financial aid and later get gipped or end up having to drop out or take leave of absences due to the expenses.

The worst thing about my school is that its on a hill. Therefore, there are many stairs. This along with the fact that in most of the buildings there aren't many elevators, it makes it very hard for those who are handicapped to get around. im sure it has discouraged many with physical ailments from attending.

the only part I dont like it that is it is a very small town. It has all the necessities like groceries, pharmacies, and neighborhoods, but it seems very small, and that you might have to drive for a bit to go and do something else that is different like bigger malls and museums, etc.

SOME TEACHERS ARE UNWILLING TO HELP WHEN NEEDED FOR UNDERSTANDING THE MATERIAL. OFFER HELP TO ONLY CERTAIN STUDENTS VIA TUTORING, OTHERS GET DENIED FOR NO REASON AT ALL. LOTS OF PROMISES MADE WHEN PROSPECTIVE STUDENT THE ONCE YOU GET THERE THE PROMISES ARE NOT UPHELD.

The worst thing about my school so far is the system in which students register for their classes, most freshmen do not get the classes that they want or need because they register last. It makes me feel like I am going to be put behind in future years.

The worst thing about my college is the cost. I know this is not special to my school but that is the only issue with my school. I love my college and hope I will be able to afford to stay.