Hartwick College Top Questions

Bianca

Awesome staff and the flexibility in the programs which alllowed me to travel.

Gavin

My school incorporates "J-term" into it's academic school year. J-term or January term encompasses the month of January. It allows students to take one class on campus or study abroad. Many students take "experiential learning" classes which enables them to have fun and experience learning in a new way. It is an innovative and exciting way for students to take classes.

Bess

The campus is absolutely lovely. I wake up every morning surrounded by beautiful mountains. The environment is inspiring and encourages creativity. In fact, the entire school encourages that. The mission of the school is explerimentally based and every dicipline is encouraged to try new and exciting endeavers outside of a rigid curriculum. This is exemplified most in the Honors Program and its affiliated Challenges that must be completed each year.

Haley

I love everything about my school. I love that is it small, so all of my classes are very intimate and the professors get to know you better and have more time to help with personal problems. Everyone here is so nice and willing to help you with any problems that you may have. In my nursing program I love that we start right away. I have already started clinicals in my first year, and will spend all four years becoming excellent in my profession.

Hayley

I think the professors and the social environment are the best things about Hartwick. The professors are willing and able to help, and they're almost always available. Also, everyone here is very friendly and helpful. There is someone available to help with stress, school work, etc. found in every building. The community is very welcoming and we all feel like family.

Lindsey

The nursing program is the best thing about my school because it exposes me early on to hands on experiences and gives me more clinical hours than any other school near me.

Kaylyn

The best thing about Hartwick College s the fact that it is a small community, the classes are small and all of the teachers are more than willing to help all of the students as much as possible. We are a very close campus and it is a comforting feeling to feel so close and comfortable with everyone.

Timothy

I believe the best thing about my school is the willingness of the professors to help out the students. The professors are always availiable during thier office hours and also out of thier office hours if any students need help academically or just general help with other issues. The faculity at Hartwick College are very helpful and have always been there for me and other students when they needed any type of help or questions and helped the students to the best of thier ability.

Carolyn

I believe the best part of Hartwick college is the learning community. Whether you are in the Library, your dorm room, or any of the other buildings around campus you are able to study. The professors are always available to give extra assistance if you need it and are generally very understanding individuals. Outside of studies there are many events and programs to attend to relax and have fun with friends.

I like my school because it is smaller than huge universities which never really suited me. its about 1500 students in total with a state school less than 5 minutes away. I like the smaller classroom sizes and how I am not just a number, my professors know my name. The classes are interesting as well and keep you up to date with the work needed to be done.