Harvard University Top Questions

Tiffany

Harvard University, though it has an academically rigorous liberal arts curriculum, is better known for its research breakthroughs and its graduates who become successful entrepreneurs, innovative scientists, award-winning writers, and even world leaders. Harvard provides the tools and encouragement necessary for students to aim for and achieve their goals, whether it be creating startup tech companies, running for political positions, or engineering new ideas to improve healthcare.

Prabhat

weqwe

Daniel

The best campus tradition is primal scream, where twice a year all the students who want to run around Harvard yard completely naked, and tourists come by to take pictures.

Esther

Being the best school in the world.

J.L.

Harvard University is best known for molding brillant minds into future leaders.

Alyssa

Harvard is best known for...its name! People from all over the world just know Harvard is one of the "best schools", yet know little about what that actually means, or, what it is like to actually be a student there. It is true that many of my professors write the books for the classes we take, but that doesn't necessarily mean we are getting the best educaton and learning most effectively.

Harvard is best known for the strength of its academic departments as well as its world-renowned faculty. The student-body is diverse and well-accomplished. The campus itself is beautiful, with a storied history, and the university is located just a subway ride away from a major American city.

Judith

My school is best known for thier great instructors as well as being very afforadable.

Gina

Harvard is best known for its ranking. It is known for attracting the number one students of the nation. And in a way, this is so; I have met extremely intelligent peers while attending Harvard and have been awed by the work ethic my classmates posses (two things I lack and so I tend to notice). Harvard is also known for their lacking football team, their amazingly spacious dorms, their great endowments, their beautiful buildings filled with so much history, and their fair share of famous alumni.

Vinay

History. Everyone knows the name "Harvard," and, to speak candidly, it is equated with excellence. I'm not sure that is always accurate, but that is the perception.

John

It is best known for being extremely prestigious, smart, and exclusive.

Bret

Harvard is best known as an academic institution. Its research, both by professors, graduate students, and undergraduates, is unparalleled. Furthermore, the academic minds affiliated with the school are extremely well respected and renowned around the world.

Duncan

Harvard is Harvard, it's seen as the ivory tower that everyone else compares themself to. Also, Larry Summers' sexist remarks.

Shannon

Harvard is known as the best university in the world. We attract the best students and professors. We have the best facilities- from sports to housing to research to the library. Oh yeah, the library is also the best in the world. It's the only place you meet people who can drink themselves into oblivion, perform in a symphony they wrote, and ace an organic chemistry exam the next day. It's also really old and interesting, like Hogwarts.

chris

the brightest people in the world

Olujimi

Being perceived as the best at everything academic.

Trevor

My school is known best for its prestige and the clout of its faculty.

Harvard is best known for its academics, particularly its government and economics departments. But I think that the truly important thing about Harvard is the people that you get to meet here and the various types of extracurriculars available. I think that is where I'm getting my TRUE education.

Sam

Being the best academic school in the world.

Lori

We are best known for being a prestigious, elite institution for extremely smart people. We do research well, have brilliant professors, and are the front runners in most fields.

Kelsey

Timeless prestige, superior academics, distinguished faculty and research, its adherence to ideas both classical and modern, and cutting edge technology and scientific advancements.

Matan

Are you serious? It's Harvard, it's known for everything! Here are some things most people DON'T know about Harvard: -They are EXTREMELY generous with financial aid! It was cheaper than state school for me! -NOT everyone here is rich. Their applications are need-blind, so the student population reflects a wide mix of economic and ethnic backgrounds -It's full of tourists! Expect to get in the way of a statue and a Japanese cameraman at least a dozen times in your stay here. -Cambridge is pedestrian friendly... but a mess for cars! Don't drive here!

lisa

being the smartest school in the united states

Christine

Super, unique people with a sprinkling of jerks.

Lester

It is best known for providing great education for the future leaders of the world.

Victor

Ivory Tower Elitists! The stereotype of arrogant, cocky, career-oriented individuals is very applicable. Fortunately, there are many exceptions!