Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

I'm taking strict "education" with a grain of salt now. Something about coming here made me take school much less seriously, while becoming more active in things like dance, choreography, work (cleaning bathrooms and dorms). I'm much more hands-on now, relative to school work, and I want to see results, not just more grades in classes that are barely even relevant to the real world. I don't feel like I'm paying for an education, but for a degree, and some time to sit on my ass and learn social skills (the most useful part of college) for another two years.

Harvard is entirely what you make of it. There are enough resources, opportunities, and different types of people here that you can essentially do anything you want -- you just have to have the drive to go out and get it.

Housing sucks. Harvard students deserve to have their own single room. UHS harasses the students and offer bad service. Also, we need better food. We are stressed out students.

Ummmm, i also like the amount of dining halls and the fact that our buses run on biofuel! altho i hate the expansion to allston as a townie.

Summary: Hard classes, smart but driven students, very very smart faculty, lots to do, mediocre parties, nice facilities.

It's alright, not everything it's cracked up to be, but does offer a lot of opportunities. That you can't deny.

Harvard is amazing, and I feel honored to be here. The diversity and overall-quality of people is remarkable.

Grade inflation is bogus because students are much smarter so they deserve their grades.

Some professors don't understand we are taking more than one course (his/her course).

Spend time out of school as much as you can. There's a whole world outside of school.