Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

At Graduate School students are not that competitive, which very good for the atmosphere. People do not have to prove anything anymore as they already have a lot of experience

The sciences in my opinion are more rigorous that the humanities. Some concerntrations particularly those with a lot of pre-med students have a more competitive atmosphere.

Unnecessarily stressful environment, but academics are well taught for the most part. However, Too many students per class, and there is a general fear of asking questions.

Classes are generally very big and professors don't usually know your name. Students seem to study a lot but they are also very involved outside of classes.

I'm an ec. concentrator, so my classes are large lecture courses. I would prefer to have smaller courses with more one-on-one contact with professors.

Is extremely competitive. But most professors are very friendly and personal if you actively engage them in conversations or actively seeks them out.

my favorite class here is STAT 270. The professor is trying hard to know each of the student in the class and is willing to take advice.

The two people who ask questions in lecture can really intimidate the other forty into thinking everyone else is smarter than them.

The ambience is very competitive. We have the case methodology for every class where student participation is very critical.

Classes are taught by professors who are all top of their field. Even the course assistants are amazing at what they do.