Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

Most people tend to socialize with people from their extracurriculars/dorms. Partying is less prevalent than at most schools, although there are always lots of fun things to do on weekends and parties are not limited to just finals clubs.

The dating scene sucks, but everyone knows that and seems to accept the hook-up or married culture. I think a very low percentage of people party compared to other schools, and those who do party restrict themselves to the weekend.

actually, the academic load is too heavy for grad students to participate in any extracurricular. it's almost impossible for me to participate in a sport team with regular practice schedule, though i'm dying to join them.

Students do leave their doors open, and it is *in general* fine. Athletic events are only popular when it comes to H-Y Game. I met with my closest friends through class + random social gathering of friends + Anneberg.

activities are much more time consuming than you would expect, and the social life is what you make it. if you come into thinking that you will have crazy parties you might be dissapointed.

I love Harvard activities. Sometimes the parties aren't great...but they are what you make them. People are very friendly. Cambridge is always there and Boston is easily accesible.

Social life is as good as one makes it. There are no frats and most parties are smaller house parties. Almost everybody lives on campus which means it is easier to find your friends.

Lots of clubs and activities, but the social scene is lacking, focused mainly around final clubs. Also lots of people are either not interested in going out or too busy to do so.

Whether you like to drink and party the night away or you like to explore the sights and culture of Boston, ect......there is always something fun whatever your style is.

If you look for good ones and put in the effort they can be sweet. If not there seems like there are too many, not true. And also the crimson rocks.