Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

There is always a pressure to be busy or appear busy. Everyone is involved in way too many things, volunteering, working, doing research, etc. The competition is fierce on the extracurricular involvement.

The fact that you can never have a moment's rest. Whenever you have free time, you think, "I could/should be doing some work," and you just feel so much anxiety. It's horrible.

There is considerable competition for grades. The beaurocracy is sometimes tedious when trying to get things done and the school is slow to adapt to a change academic landscape.

The worst thing is that it is not really a party school and your social life is focused on very toolish qualities like academic achievement and power in extra-curriculars.

I go to Harvard Extension School which is segregated from Harvard socially which I wish I took into account because social aspects of school is very important to me.

Pressure to succeed academically and career wise, and pressure to enter certain fields post graduation (law, medicine, business particularly).

The number of pretentious people around and the stressful enviroment given to learning, something which shouldn't be so hard and tiring to do.

The elitism. People believe they are better than others and try to impose their ways of life onto them. Never a fun thng to be around.

Limited resources for struggling students. This is the worst thing because this allows some students fall through the cracks.

Sometimes the political climate can be overwhelmingly liberal, and it can be difficult to find people to actually talk to.