Harvard University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Rich, privileged backgrounds, politically and culturally mainstream, guaranteed to be professionally successful.

Valerie

Brilliant, nerdy, stuck-up, career-oriented, outspoken, overachievers

Tate

Harvard students are: snobby, geniuses, rich, white, spoiled, self-entitled

Dave

That they are all nerdy and study all the time. That they are awkward and cannot communicate with other "regular" people.

I'd say people probably think we work all of the time and never go out or have fun. also that we're ugly :)

Tate

Preppy, stuck in their own world, very little realization about how the real world works.

Torry

Harvard has an unlimited endowment, Rich students, and is the number one university in the world. Students are either very smart or rich, and they are typically very arrogant.

Wally

Pretentious, Rich, Ugly Girls.

I suppose some stereotypes about Harvard are that Harvard is hard and that Harvard students are rich snobs.

I tend to think that people think all we do is study all day and do like 50 million extracuriculars. We're also supposed to be super smart and know everything and solve every problem in the world. Nerds are probably pretty ugly and so people think a lot of people are unattractive. The Harvard students also never parties and is very rich and full of themselves.

Vick

We are all nerds we are really competitive We don't have good parties

That they were polos and blazers and are really rich and snotty. Or the other one that they are crazy hippy liberal.

Torry

Everyone is very type-A, has no fun, doesn't go out, big nerds. You get no personal attention, it is really easy to get A's, undergraduates get shafted.

TJ

They either want to become I-bankers and make loads of money (they are insensitive) or they are hippies that just want to change the world but don't quite know how.

Kelati

Harvard students are rich and preppy. Harvard students are really arrogant and exclusive. Harvard students are complete nerds with no social life. Everyone is an intense pre-law or pre-med student.

Some stereotype about Harvard students is that they're all rich, wear expensive clothes, and flaunt this whenever they can. For some reason people also seem to think we have thick Boston accents and say Hahvahd all the time.

Many outsiders seem to be operating under the misconception that Harvard students are cutthroat, calculating, and aloof.

The two main stereotypes that I've heard about Harvard students is that they're a) extremely wealthy and b) extremely intelligent (i.e., genius-quality). I've also heard that Harvard students never stop working or never leave the library, and that they don't know how to have a good time.

Bobby

Harvard kids are smart and better. Harvard has grade inflation.

Bevan

we are smart and will make lots of money in the future

Alan

We are crazy, smart, and ugly.

- Grade inflation - Bad parties - Stuck-up kids - Liberal, godless college with too much sex - Hardly any sex

Nerdy, no life, arrogant, rich, smart, competitive.

Students study too much and don't have enough fun.

Brainy, socially inept, stuck up.

Peter

Harvard faculty are inaccessible, interested only in their grad students, don't care about teaching. Harvard students are overambitious, stressed, don't have any fun, and all want to become bankers.

Hardworking, smart, dorky

Harvard is the most prestigious school in the world. Harvard students are smart, nerdy, and or socially awkward.

Harvard students study 24-7

Toby

Hardworking, ambitious, competitive.

Annetta

intense, intelligent, preppy, preoccupied.

Shawn

They're stuck-up, rich, and preppy. Also not as hardcore as MIT students

The usual gamut of nerds, new englanders, and new money.

Harvard is still segrerated! Students should network with each other in a more profound level!!

That we are success-driven elitist megalomaniacs (a bit of an exaggeration but there is some truth here) and that we care only for ourselves

Classy? Investment banking...

Arrogant, talented, rich, elitist, intelligent, competitive

-Smarter than average -Pompous -Overachieving -Can never fail -Always studying

There are a number of stereotypes: a. Harvard is full of budding Einsteins who walk around dreaming up new mathematical theories that less than 1{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the world will be able to understand. b. Harvard is full of the Boston Brahmins. c. Everyone at Harvard is constantly studying. d. A Harvard diploma is a ticket to success.

That they are either nerdy/preppy or that they constantly work/study too hard.

Harvard students are brainy and don't have fun. They're boring. They're arrogant and conceited.

Uptight, competitive, liberal.

Lorie

rich, stuck up, super smart, arrogant

Students are best described as Grade obsessed. Students are workaholic. Students are competitive. Harvard is rich in academic resources.

Bevan

Harvard is full of stuck-up rich kids, dumb jocks, and anti-social nerds who are generally unpleasant to hang out with.

People think Harvard is this amazing, infallible institution and everyone there is a genius. They think we are perfect or nerdy, one of those, and they think Harvard's full of snobby legacy kids whose parents bought their way in.

Dale

that they are stuck up, prissy, smart and not down to earth

Toolish, rich, stuck-up

That people are really geniuses and are all rich.

Daniela

Impressive; extraordinary.