Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

I tend to think that people think all we do is study all day and do like 50 million extracuriculars. We're also supposed to be super smart and know everything and solve every problem in the world. Nerds are probably pretty ugly and so people think a lot of people are unattractive. The Harvard students also never parties and is very rich and full of themselves.

There are a number of stereotypes: a. Harvard is full of budding Einsteins who walk around dreaming up new mathematical theories that less than 1% of the world will be able to understand. b. Harvard is full of the Boston Brahmins. c. Everyone at Harvard is constantly studying. d. A Harvard diploma is a ticket to success.

People think Harvard is this amazing, infallible institution and everyone there is a genius. They think we are perfect or nerdy, one of those, and they think Harvard's full of snobby legacy kids whose parents bought their way in.

Harvard faculty are inaccessible, interested only in their grad students, don't care about teaching. Harvard students are overambitious, stressed, don't have any fun, and all want to become bankers.

Students are best described as Grade obsessed. Students are workaholic. Students are competitive. Harvard is rich in academic resources.

Many outsiders seem to be operating under the misconception that Harvard students are cutthroat, calculating, and aloof.

Rich, privileged backgrounds, politically and culturally mainstream, guaranteed to be professionally successful.

Harvard students are perceived as snobbish, arrogant,rude and a group of wealthy students, in their own world.

I'd say people probably think we work all of the time and never go out or have fun. also that we're ugly :)

-Smarter than average -Pompous -Overachieving -Can never fail -Always studying