Harvard University

« See more reviews of Harvard University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Harvard is supposed to be the "gold standard" of education; essentially, this implies that if you go here, you're brilliant and set to do brilliantly in life. Harvard is known to be a rich school full of opportunities. It is also known to have grade inflation; many have the idea that the hard part of Harvard is getting into it. Harvard students are stereotyped to be geniuses or at least people engrossed in academics. They are expected to be very hard workers who "don't have a life" and who don't party, do drugs, or have sex much. People assume Harvard students are preppy and rich.

The two main stereotypes that I've heard about Harvard students is that they're a) extremely wealthy and b) extremely intelligent (i.e., genius-quality). I've also heard that Harvard students never stop working or never leave the library, and that they don't know how to have a good time.

That we all wear monacles, vests, and top hats, that we all own yachts, and that we all tell time by looking at our pocketwatches. More seriously, probably that we're all overachieving type A personalities who work ourselves to death. Also, that we're incredibly nerdy.

Rich, white, WASP-y, and old money; elitist, entitled, and snobbish; collar-popping and arrogant; smarter-than-thou with 4.0s and perfect SATs (but no social graces). No wonder I’ve rarely received positive responses when telling strangers that I attend Harvard ;)

Some stereotype about Harvard students is that they're all rich, wear expensive clothes, and flaunt this whenever they can. For some reason people also seem to think we have thick Boston accents and say Hahvahd all the time.

They study all the time, are very nerdy and intellectual. Harvard students don't have the best social skills, and are poor athletes. They're also not very attractive and don't have great fashion sense.

Harvard students are rich and preppy. Harvard students are really arrogant and exclusive. Harvard students are complete nerds with no social life. Everyone is an intense pre-law or pre-med student.

Harvard has an unlimited endowment, Rich students, and is the number one university in the world. Students are either very smart or rich, and they are typically very arrogant.

People think we're an elitist institution and that students have a sense of entitlement. They also view Harvard students as snobs and being stuck up, super wealthy, preppy.

*Pretentious *Study all the time *Rich *Very difficult *Fantastic living space (apparently in Korea "Harvard" is like a big palace) *Immensely talented and brilliant