Lawrence, KS
Haskell Indian Nations University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Haskell Indian Nations University

If I were allowed to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior; I would tell myself that I really need to make the decision on were I go to college. It's not our parents choice to make that decision, you'll regret it later. Another is I would tell myself would be that stay true to yourself and make mistakes that's how we grow into we are. Don't hold back on doing something just because you may get in trouble, that's a problem we've always had. Other than that I'm still learning I may have more to tell myself once I'm total finished with college but those are the only two that have really shaped my college experience thus far.

The racism and the lack of motivation this school has. The racism is I'm a white native and get judged for it constantly and the students at this school are mainly here for the wrong reasons.

Reign

If I could go back in time and speak to myself, I would stress the importance of a college education. In high school that was not something that I valued very highly, so now that I know, I would stress that to my hypothetical self. Another thing that I would say to myself would be to be confident that you could do it. Like I said before, I was diagnosed with a learning disability when I was young, so thoughts of going to college never crossed my mind. Now that I know I can do it, I would definitely share that information. I am extremely proud of the accomplishments that I have made so far in college, and I think that it would be important to share how fulfilling it really is.

Before I came to Haskell Indian Nations University, I wish that I would have known how rewarding college really is. Not only that, but before I enrolled in school, I was under the impression that college was too challenging for me, but now that I have three semesters under my belt I know that is not true. When I was young, I was diagnosed with a learning disability which has made school extremely difficult for me. I take pride in the fact that I have gotten this far, and plan to continue with my goal of a bachelors degree.

Haskell Indian Nations University is an extremely unique school because of the fact that all of the students are Native American and Alaska Native. Haskell is a culturally diverse school, and it offers its students much insight into studies related to Native Americans. However, a Haskell student will receive the same degree as any other university student. Haskell is an amazing school, and I strongly encourage young native people to come to Haskell and make a better life for themselves.

My school a medium sized school with only have roughly 1300 people. I

My school a medium sized school with only have roughly 1300 people. I

The advice that I would give myself is to not let anythting destroy my passion for learning. I had a very rough senior year. My two nephews came to live with us the summer before. It was one stressful year. I was so close to just staying home and getting a job and help take care of my nephews. But I decided that my future was too bright to let myself do that to myself. I just need the help in acheiving that goal.

The best thing I consider the best about my school is the fact that its small. The reason being is because it gives the teachers a chance to have a one on one opportunity to help the student learn more.

Coming to Haskell is definately an extreme adventure!

Coming to Haskell is definately an extreme adventure!

Sarah please choose your friends carefull you never know who is going to be true and honest. Yes, beer is delicious but please wait to experience all of the flavors until your junior year. Please talk to professors if you are struggling with the course or life in general they will work with you more than you think. There really isn't a stupid question who cares what other kids think this is your life not theirs. Yes daydreaming of the boy that sits next to you in Algebra is great but it will get you a C so stay focused on that A. Drinking too much although fun will either lead to throwing up, missing class or the dreadful feeling of regret so do it in moderation. I wish I would have has this knowledge my freshman year, but I do love the person I am so maybe all my mistakes have made me the creative and inspired person that I am.

A student that isn't racially biased or culturally insensitive should attend Haskell.

• $480

Haskell Indian Nations University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.