Honolulu, HI
Hawaii Pacific University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hawaii Pacific University

Alexander

Compared to other schools I considered, Hawaii Pacific University has very small class sizes as well as a very culterally diverse student body. The professors genuinely care about the students and tghe Nursing program there is well known.

Alex, time management is key in maintaining your grades and stress level in college. Do everything ahead of time, that way you always have time to do other things. Secondly, even though you aren?t too sure what to major in right now, it isn?t something to worry about just yet. Take your general education requirements and your major will come to you in time. Thirdly, make sure you request off from work the day before every exam, that way you have ample time to study. If you?re having a hard time in any class, don?t hesitate to get tutoring. If you wait till the last minute, it may be too late or you will be overloaded with material you don?t understand. Study groups are good way to learn as well. Other students may know the answers to your questions, and you may know the answers to theirs. Lastly, you are going to meet a lot of new people. Being cautious of who you trust will save you a lot of heartache. Other than that HAVE SOME FUN and BE SAFE!

The worst thing about my school is that it is devided into two campuses. One campus is in Honolulu and the other campus is on the northern side of the island. Sometimes you will have to take classes on both campuses in the same day. It makes it hard to schedule classes because you have to take the travel time between campuses into consideration. This makes it difficult when you have a job as well because some employers aren't as flexible as others.

Tara

My school is best known for business. We have a lot of great programs to promote business majors. International business is our most promoted career for business majors here at HPU. Many students here take advantage of the opportunities we provide such as studying abroad in addition to advanced language classes in which students can minor in just by studying abroad to the country they studied. With this program, the primary objective is for students to learn to understand the interrelated forces affecting the growth of international business activity and the basic forms of international business activity.

College is a very important step in life. It provides the foundation for students' dreams and career desires. It is also essential that students get the proper education to pursue their career choice. If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to look at specific professors once I selected a college to attend. To me, that's what makes college easy and fun when learning. I would tell myself to take classes according to the professors rather than by how easy the class sounds or how little of a workload there is. Once in college, I would say that it is important to see your professor for help if you are ever stuck because they are always willing to help. First semester, I took two hard classes. What I thought would suck every day, those classes turned out to be fun for me because of the professors. I found myself learning something interesting every day. The material that I learned in those classes is information that will stay with me forever unlike my easy-going classes. Choosing professor over simplicity will be the best decision of your life.

The best thing about my school is that it's in Hawaii. The dorms are set up right in the middle of Waikiki, which is great for tourist. The dorms are within walking distance of the strip, as well as food, and of course the beach. Everything else is easy to get to via the bus, so I can easily get to the mall, movie theatres, zoo, aquarium, and more. The bus pass can be purchased at HPU for a very low price to make things even easier.

Betsy

If I was granted the oppertunity to recede to the past I would give myself one vital piece of information: START EARNING COLLEGE CREDITS NOW! To earn a Bachelor's Degree at Hawai'i Pacific University I need to complete 124 credits. If I knew then the demand and amount of classes I needed to take I would have quickly enrolled in a college back home and earn my general education credits sooner. Besides that, I believe I paced myself well for the transition to a college that was nearly 6,000 miles away from home, I simply reminded myself why I was here and what I needed to do.

The best thing about Hawai'i Pacific University is the proficient atmosphere. There are no extraneous classes one needs to take, and the classes one chooses to take go hand in hand with one's major. I dreamed of attending HPU for it's terrific Marine Bio course and now that I'm attending the class I know I made the right choice.

I strongly believe that anyone can attend this school. As long as your priorities are in order, HPU can provide you with a fine education.

Monica

A unique experience with a strong emphasis on diversity, Hawaii Pacific Univeristy has a lot of good intentions and ideas but at times lack the execution of these ideals.

Assuming I could go back in time, talk to myself as a high school senior, and knowing what I know now about college life the advice I would give myself is to be honest with myself and think about what I really want to pursue. I would ask myself, if money wasn't a factor in my life, what would I like to become? What would I like to learn more about? What interests me? Cherish each and every moment of life, because you never know what will happen in the future. Love life. Love yourself. Love Others. Do your best; do your very best; and do it everyday. Last but not least, smile sunshine. :)

The best thing about my school is that it is located close to home, thereby making it very convenient for me.

Tami

The advise I would give my self if I could go back would be to stay at home and take general classes there for the first year and then transfer to HPU. It would save a lot of money not just from tuition and houseing but also plane fares as well. Taking classes at a coummunity college close to home would give me the oppatunity to get the general classes done in my first year and then when I transfered I could go right into my major requiements instead of wasting time and money taking them here. I would also keep me on track so i could graduate with my undergraduats with in four years instead of haveing to go an extra year.

I wish that i would of known that you are not garenteed a spot in the on house dormatories after your first year there.

The most frusrating thing about Hawaii Pacific University is with a Marine Biology major we have three counselors. As students we can go to anyone that is open. If you go to the different counselors with the same question or problem they will give you three different answers.

HEATHER

IF I COULD GO BACK IN TIME I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO GET MY DEGREE WHEN I LEFT HIGH SCHOOL AND NOT PUT IT OFF. TRANSITIONING FROM HIGH SCHOOL TO COLLEGE ISNT DIFFICULT IF YOU KEEP UP WITH THE WORK AND DONT ALLOW YOURSELF TO GET BEHIND. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK THEM CAUSE YOU PROBABLY AREN'T THE ONLY ONE WITH THAT QUESTION. THE REASON I SAY DON'T PUT IT OFF IS THAT, THE LONGER YOU ARE OUT OF SCHOOL THE MORE YOU FORGET AND ONCE YOU HAVE A FAMILY IT IS HARDER TO BACK TO SCHOOL. I NOW HAVE TWO BOYS 1 AND 3 AND MY HUSBAND IS IN THE MARINE CORPS, SO IT IS HARDER TO GO TO SCHOOL FULL TIME AND STILL BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE'S NEEDS AT HOME. HOWEVER IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WHEN MY HUSBAND IS GONE.

SOMEONE WHO IS GOAL ORIENTATED AND DETERMINED

Tami

If I could go back into time to better prepare myself for college would be is the manage my time well. Partying will always be there but right now is the time to focus on school because it will determine the rest of your life. True friends will be there to support you through everything and don't worry about losing friends. Most importantly now is the time to develope good study habits because you don't college is going to give you a rough time. Set an ultimate goal and then set smaller ones to help you achieve your ultimate goal because that is what big goals are; just a bunch of small goals accomplished one after another.

A person who is accidemically focused and likes small classes.

I would tell myself to read more books and gain as much knowledge as I could retain. When I first got to college after high school I didn't always comprehend what I was reading. If I could go back I would advise myself to read more educational books and sharpen my vocabulary skills. I would also advise myself to not just do the things neccessary to get by but excell in everything no matter if it was big or small. I would also tell myself to seek pride in my accomplishments and that I dont have to impress teachers but to just be proud of myself and what I have achieved. Other than those few things, I am proud of who I was then and Who I am now. I wouldnt change anything else. I graduated with honors and am now in a Surgical Technology program at my college. Im very proud of myself, i just wish I would have seeked more knowledge back then so that I can be the best at what I do now.

Jacqueline

People who are earnest to learn.

People who are earnest to learn.

The best advice I could give myself would be not to be influence by others too easily, and college is pretty much the same thing like high school but a little more reading and studying.

The worst thing about my school is the administration. There are some positions that are not filled yet and paper work has not been done on a timely manner.

Tierra

My classmates here at HPU are from all over the world and are very studious people that love Hawaii.

Hawaii Pacific University is unique because it has two campuses(Honolulu &Kaneohe). Compared to other colleges i have considered HPU is well known for their nursing program, and I have heard that they are very helpful as well. The Kaneohe campus is unique because unlike other colleges it consists of just one building and in this small building there are laboratories, a computer lab, library, and even a theatre.

Dear Tierra, I am writing to you to to give you some insight regarding post high school. I know high school should be fun but I want you to take into consideraion everything you want after high school because your choices now will deifinitely have a impact on you later. After high school you are in total control of your decisions and no one is going to be there to tell you what to do, it is truly up to you in everything you do. Don't see yourself short, if you want something then go get it. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, but in order to achieve you need to put in the effort (you get what you put in). Last but not least I want to let you know that school isn't cheap, it takes a toll financially. So I would recommend that you keep those grades up, stay involved with school, and try to get as much scholarships as you can. It will be all worth it in the end, work hard now, play later.

Hawaii Pacific University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.