Waterloo, IA
Hawkeye Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hawkeye Community College

Gabby

I think Hawkeye is a great school to start at if you are unsure on your career path or you are interested in saving the money. The teachers have all been amazing and they are very welcoming. Campus is small but there is much to offer. I highly recommend going to Hawkeye Community College!

Derek

This college is a great way to start your post-secondary education because of its small class sizes and great teachers who actually have experience in the fields that they teach. Your choices for living close to the campus are the Hawkeye Towers or the Hawkeye Village, but they are a little costly though.

Teagan

If i could go back to be a senior in high school, I would tell myself that going to a community college isn't a bad thing. Pick the school that has your major because you will regret it in the end for not picking it the first time. College life is fun and totally worth it in the end.

I haven't encountered anything frustrating yet since I have been only going for one and half semesters.

Breanna

What is unique to me about Hawkeye Community College compared to other colleges I considered was that it allows students to make their own schedule for school so it is flexible for your time; not their time. The counselors also work with you when it comes to deciding classes that should be taken and what schools are best to transfer to. Hawkeye has a variety of students so you would never have to worry fitting in. Hawkeye is a place that allows u to make up your mind about your own future. Hawkeye Community College... More than you can imagine.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to make my own decisions when it comes to making decisions about college and the future. In the transition from high school life to college life there are many things to think about. You have your last prom, your last classes, and your last memories at the school you are so used to attending. With all these things its hard to think what you will be doing in a year. You also have your friends going to one school, your high school sweet heart going to another, and then of course there is Mom and Dad breathing down your back to follow the traditions of attending a totally different school from your peers. This is when I tell myself, if I could go back, to do what my heart tells me. Only YOU can decide your future. YOU make you, you. Do what is best for you, don't go to a school just because sweet heart Ben is going there or because your bff is going there. Don'e be a follower, be a leader!

What I wish I would have known about Hawkeye before attending would be how to apply for more grants and scholarships. Hawkeye is not the most expensive school but it still takes a tole in your future when you have to pay all the loans back. I also wish I knew about the scholarships that Hawkeye gives out to students. I had no such idea so anyone that is attending Hawkeye and likes free money should definitely should search the web site first for teh scholarships.

Katie

My classmates are serious, but like to have fun one in a while.

My classmates are serious, but like to have fun one in a while.

I would think a little harder on if I would want to go to a four year college instead of a two year community college. Another decision would be if I should go to the community college first and then go to a four year college. As a senior in high school I should have taken other classes, be in differnet activites, and get better grades in my years in high school.

Nothing really, I guess some of the staff workers not being very helpful.

Kelcie

Hawkeye is best known for helping students get back on track or start out towards your career.

Note to self college is not like high school. Do not think that it will be easy to just do homework and not study. Studying is very important in college. When you go to college you are going to have to read a lot more than you ever wanted to. You are also going to have to put the effort into trying hard at your studies and reading everything you are supposed to. Making friends is also a lot harder than it seems you are going to have to put yourself out there. I also want you to know that living on your own and paying bills is also a lot harder than you think. But overall the main thing that you need to know about college is it about you and for yourself. Don't go to college for any other reason but for yourself.

Anyone can attend this school. It is very good for people who plan to transfer because it helps you save money.

Angie

A large number of them are quite lazy while there are some who are taking advantage of the school to actually learn something...

I would tell myself to do more research when deciding on a school to attend. I attended a private 2 year business school right out of high school in the same town that my boyfriend (now husband) attended school. When I decided 22 years later that I wanted to go back to get my bachelor's degree, I discovered that my classes would not transfer because the school that I attended was not accredited correctly. Who knows as an 18 year old to look at who is doing the accrediting and to make sure that it's legitimate. Therefore, I have had to take many classes over again which has cost a lot of time and money. I would also tell myself to take learning seriously. Take the time to study, read the assignments and texts, and really learn the information. Work hard and get good grades. I am seeing a lot of the students that are right out of high school fail classes because they don't do any work. It isn't difficult to get a passing grade especially at a community college and they are wasting a lot of time and money retaking classes.

I did a lot of research before deciding on a school so there isn't anything that surprised me.

Anna

My classmates are amazing! They are all really nice, and more than willing to help anyone out that needs it!

I would want to tell myself to study harder and take advantage of everything that was offered. I would want to tell myself to enjoy the freedom i had with no bills and no worries.

Hawkeye Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.