Hawkeye Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hawkeye Community College

Gabby

I think Hawkeye is a great school to start at if you are unsure on your career path or you are interested in saving the money. The teachers have all been amazing and they are very welcoming. Campus is small but there is much to offer. I highly recommend going to Hawkeye Community College!

Courtney

Hawkeye is a great place to begin your college education! Class sizes are small, professors are readily and willingly available, and there is always a group or activity to join and participate in. All students feel welcome and the campus is small and easy to navigate.

sylvia

its is very mine blowing there are people who looks out for you , they always there to help you when you are down or you are giving up , the student center is a always there. my teacher Ashley is always talking to us , the trio is very helpful , I love Hawkeye.

Derek

This college is a great way to start your post-secondary education because of its small class sizes and great teachers who actually have experience in the fields that they teach. Your choices for living close to the campus are the Hawkeye Towers or the Hawkeye Village, but they are a little costly though.

Trevor

Overall, I'm glad I chose Hawkeye to be my first college I went to, because it's much cheaper and much smaller than colleges like Iowa State or University of Iowa. The food served is great, there are so many different events and activities students and staff can attend. The teachers aren't too strict but aren't too lenient either (At least the teachers I've had haven't been), they are always helpful and care about their student's education. Hawkeye is close to where I live and if I choose to, I can stay and study at the library for as long as it is open. Can't forget about the on-campus Bookstore. If you're looking for a great first Community college near Cedar Falls or Waterloo, I'd definitely recommend Hawkeye.

Garret

I am excited to begin my studies at Hawkeye Community College. The Campus is friendly and easy to get around. I know several people who have attended or are currently attending at Hawkeye Community College and it is all thumbs up! I have heard Praise for the Dental Hygiene program which I am passionate about. They offer sports and are adding additional sports each year. Go Red Tails!

Hawkeye community college is a great community college, all of the teachers and advisors want you to succeed and will do anything to assist in helping you succeed. Teachers here are willing to work with you outside of class to help you understand what you are struggling with. The college also provides great work studies and a free tutoring center!

Sophia

Hawkeye Community Collge has such an amazing campus, staff, and students. I was nervous to start college this year, but everyone is so sweet and welcoming. The campus is clean, beautiful, and I just feel safe being there. The staff truly wants to and loves to teach and are always avalible to help you with anything you need, or find you someone who can help you. Attending Hawkeye has not let me down, and I am glad I chose to attend.

Madeline

Many great experiences and opportunities. The teachers are very helpful and are willing to teach. I have almost completed my 2 year degree here and everyone aims to help me in some way. Whether it be the teachers or staff. Overall a great school and great campus.

Elisabeth

I like the classroom size and how involved the teachers are with their students. I like it that all my teachers so far have known me by name. The food here is not too bad but could be a bit more of a variety. Housing is ok. I do not personally live on campus; I still live at home. The activities her are awesome and a lot of fun. The students are friendly and it is a safe environment to be in.

Allyson

I loved Hawkeye when I was there. I am now attending Allen College, but everyone was super nice, the food was amazing, they had a great library, and sitting area in the student center. They also had pool and a lot of games during lunch hour which was always fun!

Chelsie

It’s cheap for someone that doesn’t know what they want to go into. Hawkeye also has many opportunities for you as a student to find a job. The professors are always willing to help if you ask. The class sizes are perfect if you are coming from a small town. All the facility is very helpful to help you reach your goals.

It is a good learning community.

RyLee

Hawkeye Community College is very well diverse, open, and accepting community. With fun new activities and great experiences for everyone. From new opportunities with studting abroad to large events that occur occasionally on campus. Also tremendous flexabilty and financially affordable.