Hazard, KY
Hazard Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hazard Community and Technical College

Whitney

It is a great college and can’t wait to start going there. The advisor are always there to help you you need any help. It was for pled with a lot of great and friendly people on campus and they was so helpful. I felt very safe when I was there on the campus.

Madison

I believe that this is a very friendly, personable school that is affordable and easily accessible to those in search of higher education. The professors are always willing to go the extra mile in order to make sure that each and every student successfully meets their goals of higher education.

Laura

Hazard Community and Technical College is great college and my professors are always on time and are willing to help us learn. I feel very safe at the college and I have learned a lot. Hazard Community and Technical College gave me a wonderful first year experience of college.

It's a small school and the instructors really get to know their students.

It's a small school and the instructors really get to know their students.

You have finally arrived at your senior year. I have some valuable advice and I hope you accept it. First of all, stop rushing your life. One day you will wake up and wish you could go back. I know you've heard this from others, but it's true. Life flies by and the older you get, the faster it goes by. Put your education first, love will come in its on time. Don't settle for less than the best, because you deserve it. Life is hard when you step out on your own, so you want to be completely prepared for whatever comes your way. Love is wonderful, but it also fails. Go on to college he can wait. If he's not there when you return, it wasn't meant to be. Take a long look at your parents, the message is clear. After eighteen years, their marriage failed. Mom returned to college for a nursing degree. You don't have to wait so long, get it done now. You already have a plan and this plan will lead you to success. Don't pass up the opportunity, it only becomes more complicated later in life.

It doesn't have dorms, which means there isn't anyplace on campus to get something good to eat. It's hard to find a good parking spot.

Valerie

My school is like abig community with a beautiful campus and a helpful staff that treat the students like blooming flowers.

My classmates are a varied bunch I go to school with people my age, even with some of the people I graduated high school with, and then there are those that have decided to return to school and are older and wiser than I am.

Don't stress out. Allow yourself to breathe a little and just do your best. Don't let being undecided about your future career loom over you, take the classes that appeal to you, be creative, and live life. Take the time to really enjoy this part of your life. Oh and make sure you take the Creative Writing Workshop: English 207 because it was great.

Rebecca

My education always came easily to me, so when I took my first US history exam my freshman year of college and received a D+ I was shocked. I remember thinking to myself, how did I let that happen? After nearly 8 years since that transition, I can only think how silly I was to have believed that higher education would be as easy as my high school education. Thankfully, I was quick to recover and graduated with a 3.63 GPA. If I could give myself advice now it would be to focus more in the beginning about what you really want to do, because when it is something you are passionate about, the learning aspect will be less like work and more enjoyable. While friends are good, they are not always the best at keeping you motivated. Plus, I recommend to read more! Lastly, I would suggest looking into a smaller university. While I loved all that was available at the bigger university, I missed out on essential things like smaller class sizes and developing a deeper understanding with my instructors. I know now that mentorship, encouragment, and curiousity for my subject area is essential to my success.

The worst thing about my school is it's location to me. I commute nearly 45 minutes a day, in order to receive my education. But in order for me to receive the best education, with a fantastic staff and community, I make that drive in pure bliss. Knowing that I am one step closer to achieving my dream and understanding that Marylhurst University will propel me faster to my dream is all that matters.

A student who is looking for a "big box" style university, where education is not valued, where classrooms are large, where mentor programs do not exist, and where communities are not fostered should look elsewhere for their desired school. While our campus may be small in size, it makes up for that in it's pride and commitment to it's students.

Hazard Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.