Hayward, CA
Heald College-Hayward

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Heald College-Hayward

Ramon

Whatever you do please stay in school, get it over with while your young. The faster you get an education the faster you will have everything you want in life, a better income, better lifestyle and a career instead of a job. There is a difference a job is something you do because you need to make money, a career is a calling to find out who you are as a person. Education is key to having a good life. Put some work in to it, don't slack off, at the end it will pay off. All you have to do is put a little bit of effort in it, do the homeworks, do the radings, take time to better yourself because nobody is going to do it for you. Think of it like this in 5 to 7 years where do you want to be, still workng odd jobs that will never pay what your really worth. Or having a master's degreee and being financially stable for the rest of your life. One thing that you will learn as I have from the professors is that college will definitely open doors that you never knew were there.

Linda

If I were able to go back in time, to talk to myself as senior the advice I would give myself is? To apply for scholarships, as many as I can. As of now, I'm searching for scholarships to help me pay for school. I should've have known, that once I turned 18, I would have to be more independent. I would've told myself, "That college is expensive as they say." I'd tell myself, that just not only one scholarship would do. Making the switchbetween high school and college is a major differences. You not only have to pay for tution but also books. High school, everything was provided to you and if it wasn't, you didn't actually have to pay for it yourself. As a senior I should've have told myself to try harder in my classes, and given more effort into my work. I knew I was capable. If I got a "B" i should've have reached for that "A". College, it's a challenge but now that I'm learning step by step - "it's only a challenge if I make it one." That's my advice.

Natalie

The commute to and from the city is the most frustrating aspect for me.

The commute to and from the city is the most frustrating aspect for me.

I remember receiving a self-addressed letter in the mail the summer after my 2009 college graduation. I had written the letter for an assignment in my high school English class. Our class was assigned to write to future selves in a letter that would be mailed in 2009. I divulged my hopes, dreams, and concerns onto pages of lined paper. A few excerpts from my letter include, “I hope you find a way to be happy”, “I hope you are successful.” I wish I could have told myself that the four years before me would not only be challenging academically. One of the most challenging aspects of college is having the courage to pursue in the face of obstacles, one of which can be you. I would tell myself: “You can’t avoid your dream because you fear failure. You can’t base your future on not disappointing others.” I had planned on studying nursing, however once I began classes, I was fixated on failure, leading me to settle on a major that interested me much less. Today, I have returned to school to study nursing. It took me an additional year after graduating to work up the courage.

Students in my nursing program are driven and hard working.

Edwin

The hands on training I receive along with the books and teachers there to help, make it easy for me to learn and retain the information given.

The lessons I have learned up until now would be very difficult for me to convey to my past self, being that the old me wasn't as receptive as I am today. I would first have to mention that the true path to happiness and real satisfaction is when I set aside my own desires to help those around me. I would remind myself that I was a person who needed support all through out school and in life; so to always be there to support those who are looking for help. With that, I will grow stronger and wiser, gaining the confidence I need to make the right decisions early on instead of making the mistakes I did and finally turning around 8 year later to correct them.

It's a great school that offers hands on training along with teachers that care about each and every student.

Heald College-Hayward administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.