Stockton, CA
Heald College-Stockton

Extracurricular Activities

Nearby Shops and Services

Kaitlyn

A couple of thoughts come to mind when I think about what would have been useful to know upon entering college. The most important advice I could give myself is to always believe in yourself. If one has no faith in themselves, then there would be no drive to achieve goals. And without goals you cannot succeed. Another helpful hint for entrance to college is to be organized. Organization is key to a daily routine. Without order in ones life, things wouldn't run as smoothly. Assignments would be forgotten and not to mention impressions you give others.

The advise I would give my self is dont worry you can do college just take your time to truly figure out the types of classes that you have learned best in Im sure you will see that it is the smaller hands on classes. So take that and forget about what other people say especially dad about where you should go or what you should major in what you want and what intrests you, dont worry about that either though taking sometime off to figure out who you are is a good thing it also allows to want to go back and continue your education. Oh and as far as school expensive and dad will only pay if you do things his way if you look in the right places and ask for help the money is out there for you to go to school.

I wish I had known about it and how easy it was to get into sooner, its been the best college I have gone to.

The type of person that should not attend this school is one how is not serious about school or just looking to bs around, its intended for those looking to start their career.

Robert

My fellow classmates have come from many walks of life and have pulled together to create a classroom environment that helps fellow students achieve their academic goals and form a very close nit bond; resulting in the foundation needed for the workforce and any situation that teamwork and problem solving skills that are needed to be successful in and outside of school.

At Heald College, I was intrigued by the small class sizes, flexible class schedules, and the additional resources available after class hours and on Saturdays for stucents to get one on one help if needed, and computer access for research for homework assignments. Other schools in my area that I inquired about did not seem to cater to the students needs like Heald College does. I feel that with determination and focus I will be ready for the job market much sooner at Heald College than any other institution that was available to me.

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would love to go back in time as a high school senior. I would definitely approach it differently than I did then. I would focus more on my studies instead of just trying to get by and try to fit in with the in-crowds. I have already realized how different my attitude is towards my education. Not only do I want to pass my classes, I want to do the very best that I can. Going back to college has been a very positive experience for me. I know now that I can do well in school and be proud of my academic achievements. My success in my current classes has inspired me to be a life long learner, and to achieve perfection in all aspects of my life.

Danalee

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition, if I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a highschoool senior, I would tell myself don't wait. I decided to put my college career on hold to be a wife and stay at home mom at a young age, but I realize now if I can do it as a single mother of 5 children who works part time and goes to college full time, I could of done it then too. College seems so hard and scary, but really its not. I would tell myself its your future you're talking about here don't wait, do it now. Life is to short to put the things you want to do in life on hold, so just put your mind to it and do it. Nothing is impossible in life if you want it. All you have to do is put your mind to it and with help and support from those around you wsho care, you will get through it, good and bad. I foresee more good than bad in the future though.

I think the instructors are the best thing at my school. Their knowledge and expertice as well as their own life experiences that they can share with the students really helps the students understand first hand what is expected of someone in that line of work. They also really care about the success of their students and want them to succeed. I have been very lucky to have soem really great instructors during my time so far at the campus at Heald College Stockton campus.

Someone who is dedicated and committed to their education. The instructors are great and have so much knowledge in their area of expertice to offer to the students, but because classes are only twice a week it is up to the student to follow through with the reading and research for hoework and projects. If your not serious about your future don't bother.

We use the most current publicly available data. As such, we don't remove or edit college information. Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Financial aid at this institution is only available for those who qualify.