Heald College-Stockton Top Questions

A couple of thoughts come to mind when I think about what would have been useful to know upon entering college. The most important advice I could give myself is to always believe in yourself. If one has no faith in themselves, then there would be no drive to achieve goals. And without goals you cannot succeed. Another helpful hint for entrance to college is to be organized. Organization is key to a daily routine. Without order in ones life, things wouldn't run as smoothly. Assignments would be forgotten and not to mention impressions you give others.

The advise I would give my self is dont worry you can do college just take your time to truly figure out the types of classes that you have learned best in Im sure you will see that it is the smaller hands on classes. So take that and forget about what other people say especially dad about where you should go or what you should major in what you want and what intrests you, dont worry about that either though taking sometime off to figure out who you are is a good thing it also allows to want to go back and continue your education. Oh and as far as school expensive and dad will only pay if you do things his way if you look in the right places and ask for help the money is out there for you to go to school.

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would love to go back in time as a high school senior. I would definitely approach it differently than I did then. I would focus more on my studies instead of just trying to get by and try to fit in with the in-crowds. I have already realized how different my attitude is towards my education. Not only do I want to pass my classes, I want to do the very best that I can. Going back to college has been a very positive experience for me. I know now that I can do well in school and be proud of my academic achievements. My success in my current classes has inspired me to be a life long learner, and to achieve perfection in all aspects of my life.

Danalee

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition, if I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a highschoool senior, I would tell myself don't wait. I decided to put my college career on hold to be a wife and stay at home mom at a young age, but I realize now if I can do it as a single mother of 5 children who works part time and goes to college full time, I could of done it then too. College seems so hard and scary, but really its not. I would tell myself its your future you're talking about here don't wait, do it now. Life is to short to put the things you want to do in life on hold, so just put your mind to it and do it. Nothing is impossible in life if you want it. All you have to do is put your mind to it and with help and support from those around you wsho care, you will get through it, good and bad. I foresee more good than bad in the future though.