Heidelberg University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Heidelberg University

Emma

I love it! It's a small campus so everyone (including faculty) is really involved. The academics are great, the sports are great, and the arts are great. Class sizes are small, which I think is really productive when it comes to conversation and being able to meet with your professor. The freshman dorms aren't super great right now, but all dorm buildings have planned renovations. My favorite part of campus is our coffee shop! I have really enjoyed continuing my education here at Heidelberg.

Heidelberg University is a place where students can find opportunities of every kind, so long as a student knows where to look and who to talk to. The President is always looking to add to the campus with new gym and health facilities, new food providers, and renovating the on-campus housing to make students feel as if the institution cares about their well-being and success. Would recommend this institution for students looking to push themselves and be pushed by faculty and staff.

Alisha

Heidelberg is a place where there are many options offered to students, you just need to take a chance and explore. Even though it is located in such a small town, the school offers many different activities and groups to join and is surrounded by many great hang out locations for students. Since it is such a small school, the class sizes are, for the most part, small, making it easier for professors to meet one on one with students and they continuously encourage that. So far, I love my experience on campus.

Heidelberg University has a little bit of something for everyone. Heidelberg University is located in a small town, so if that is not something you enjoy, or you need a bug city to be entertained, then I would not recommend Heidelberg University to you. But if you are not bother by the size of the town, then I would recommend Heidelberg University, we are always growing, and trying to better are university in new ways.

Meagan

Heidelberg is a college that is really focused on the students. They even help incoming students with Work Study and ways to keep them in the programs they signed up for. There is even a program called HYPE to prepare the students for real life. There's also a bunch of neat spots to hang out on campus.

Heidelberg University is a small campus, but it is made of people that are willing to do big things. This campus is welcoming and there are plenty of groups on campus that students can be actively involved in. The community is also very welcoming of the students and the community is very supportive.

Kolten

There is a new food vendor coming next year. There is a high standard for education and prides itself on overall knowledge as well as a set of problem based learning skills to be used in the real world. At Heidelberg there is a strong influence on higher education and the importance of it in the role of overall well being.

My overall opinion is that it is the perfect small school. Yes there are certainly things that could be better but no matter what school you go to there will always be something you wish was a little different. The professors are amazing and you can tell they truly care about you and your success.

Shaadia

The atmosphere here is great for those like myself who came to school knowing nobody. The faculty helped the transition to college very easy, they made me feel welcome here. There were icebreaker activities set up including a weekend camping trip -- F-U-N! There are monthly days dedicated to career readiness skills. No classes and famous entrepreneurs, athletes, etc. visit to tell success stories and tips to put us on the right track. But, these days aren't strictly business. They're an opportunity to travel to different cities and see things like museums & other experiences that you can simply enjoy yourself. Heidelberg's teachers are so amazing, with small class sizes they tend to each student and are easy to get one-on-one help. There is a very diverse population to our student organizations. Our unlimited access to our all-you-can-eat cafeteria makes it easy for healthy eating with fresh products and is very wide range of foods that cater to different diets. The Berg is awesome!

Allyson

Heidelberg University is a great college academically even though they are on the higher side of tuition cost than other similar colleges. There is a great student-faculty interaction as well as interactions among students. The smaller class size is also great because it allows professors to give more individual attention to the students.

E

Heidelberg is a beautiful small campus

Daniel

I love Heidelberg and wish everyone would consider it as their first college choice. The campus is a small enough you know everyone but its spaced out to make the campus feel large. They have Great facilities able to be used and they have a great family atmosphere.

Andrew

Heidelberg is mediocre at best. Classes are average at best. The school's academic focus is on retaining paying students, so it felt like professors were teaching to the lowest denominator in, which made classes boring and lacking challenge. The president placed a heavy emphasis on athletics. I gave up respecting the school when they dropped the orchestra and replaced it with an athletic marching band. It was a signal of their real priorities. Finally, they only valued as a paying customer. The president made this clear every time he spoke publicly as he only ever spoke about selling the school. He is extraordinarily uninspiring, and his career history in big business reveals itself as he talks about education as a commodity. If you are a student that wants an easy college degree, then Heidelberg is a good choice, but if you're serious about learning, I would pick a more inspiring university. It is why I left after three semesters.

Braeden

Heidelberg is a great college everyone knows everyone and no one has problems with each other. The professors work really well with the students, and students are always helping other students. The cafeteria is really great because of the unlimited swipe plan they offer, and the chef works with sports teams to help accommodate for their specific diets. The wrestling team is amazing, everyone loves everyone and everyone cares for one another. The team mates always try to hold each other accountable and doing the right thing.

Magdalina

I think it is a really good university if you prefer a small class and being close to the professors. The advisors are also really nice and reply to you quickly and give you as much information as they can and when they can. I have yet to hear someone say something bad about Heidelberg.

Thomas

If your looking for a small school that you can attend to focus strictly on academics and not have a very social college experience then Heidelberg is the right fit for you. It has small class sizes which help benefit as you can develop a personal relationship with all your professors to make sure your on top of all work.

Brandon

The wrestling coach is a great speaker for the university. He is a wonderful example fo the caring and dedication that coaches and professors have at Heidelberg University. I am very excited about the opportunity to attend college there and cannot wait to get on campus and start taking my life and education forward.

If you are looking for a medium to large campus I will not recommend this school. This school has around 1000 under grads and because the school is so small they required you to be involved in many activities and programs. It almost has the feel of a high school atmosphere where everyone knows everyone with small class sizes. There also isn’t really much to be involved in unless you are in a sport or Greek life. So if you are not big into Greek life I will recommend looking somewhere else because I can see how a person will feel left out and bored.

Bailey

Heidelberg is a great fit for me. I love the small classes, professors who are easy to talk to, and getting to know the other students in my classes. It is my freshman year and I love it. The campus size is perfect - not too big yet big enough to give you various buildings to go to throughout the day. I enjoy going to the extracurricular activities and how close everyone is in supporting each other in sports. The food is good and I especially like the hours of the cafeteria being open all day. Financially I am happy with the scholarship I have been awarded from the university although I am parents are helping with half the cost of tuition I am responsible for the burden of the other half. I am hopeful that the financial department will guide me to other scholarships to apply to and support me with my financial needs. I am excited about the opportunities that my degree will provide me and the experiences I will have at Heidelberg. I think the HYPE program is top notch. It allows students to be inspired by famous people who had a dream and encouragement to be driven in our adventures. I like how the university has used its resources to reinvest in new buildings and looks at ways to improve campus life and programs. Marketing the school to draw new students is important in the culture of an effective school which will attract great professors and high level learners to join the BERG family.

Davyion

Heidelberg is a beautiful campus and is surrounded by a safe and protected community.The sports teams get supported very well and the coaches are wonderful.Also the professors have very good office hours and majority of the classes aren't big.The teacher to student ratio is amazing as well.Lastly the cafeteria is amazing and there is more than 1 place to eat from on campus.