Henderson, KY
Henderson Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Henderson Community College

A diverse group of people looking to improve their career outlooks, continue their education, and better themselves and the community.

I would encourage my high school self to keep seeking the answers to the questions that troubled me about the world and the human condition. I would assure myself that there are other people out there who think about the same things I do, and that if I continued to seek the answers to these questions, I would naturally meet like-minded people doing exciting, passion-filled work that helps others. Finally, I would advise myself to have the courage to persist and seek these answers, as the reward for doing so is not only a better understanding of oneself and the world at large, but also a greater capacity to contribute to one's community.

I am able to attend school close to home and complete two years of my bachelor's degree entirely locally or through distance learning. Financial aid staff is extremely helpful, and most students receive some form of financial aid to attend. Plus it costs less than half what it costs to attend a four-year university, so I can enter my junior year next year without any student loan debt!

Danny

If I could go back in time to talk to myself, I would tell myself "I wish you the best of luck". And I say that because, I would not give myself any advice. I'm sure this would not apply to everyone. But for me, what I have learned from my experiences, is that I would not be the man I am today, if not for those decisions I made in the past. Part of becoming an adult is learning from your mistakes and successes. Everyone has made mistakes in their life, and the best way to move forward is to learn from those mistakes. I like to think of my life and professional career as a book. Each new experience, whether is positive or negative, ultimately leads me down an unwritten road. I would not have the aspirations to pursue a career in Prosthetics and Orthotics, if not for the uncontrollable experiences in my college life and working life. If I went back to advise myself as a senior about what lie ahead, I would not have the same life experiences and passions, that will, in the end, lead me to my goals.

The best thing about my school is the quality of the education at an affordable price. It was hard enough trying to answer the question, what do you want to do for the rest of your life? Then you figure that out, and you have to find a way to finance your dream. While most schools increase their tuition to pay for their spending, my school (like many other community colleges) find ways to cut their costs so they dont have to put the burden on the students.

I wish I had known about other scholarship opportunities to help reduce my cost and stress, so I could put more of my focus towards my education.

Henderson Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.