Henderson State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Henderson State University

Kierra

I'm really glad I chose Henderson State University as my homefpr the next four years. They have a very competitive nursing program and Arkansas's only university program with a four-year bachelor's of science degree specifically in aviation. The atmosphere of the campus is amazing! The faculty and staff are always readily available to help with anything you may need. The classes are challenging, which is great for high achievers. The campus is overall really nice and you will definitely get a well-rounded liberal arts education here!

Karlie

Visiting Henderson State University, I immediately felt the high school spirit and small town pride of history. This school is not one of the largest but it does have a home feel and the students were very welcoming. The dorms were very nice at the U but the community showers at Smith wasn't my favorite aspect of the school. They have a very advanced aviation program that the tour guide bragged about and also a great education program. The surrounding area has beautiful trails for biking and hiking as well as a huge lake for swimming and kayaking. Overall this is a wonderful place to go if you are ok with being away from the city and getting in touch with your nature side.

NATALISHA

I love Henderson State Univ. there's always something new going on, the academics are engaging and I've learned more hear than I did at my high school. The teachers and faculty are so helpful and friendly also. I think more people should come to Henderson State Unv., they wont regret it.

kearra

It is a greatly diverse campus . There is a lot of fun activities for any year of student to do. The classes are great to choose from ,and there is always assistance with any kind of class assignments . The professors are easy to contact . Henderson offers great scholarships for any student that is eligible .

Annemarie

Overall, Henderson Henderson is a really good school for me. The professor is excellent in their teaching and it shows in the work I provide. If I was applying to college all over again I would definitely apply to this school again. They really want you to succeed here. I am in the RISE program which is getting accepted conditionally and they really do want you to learn from them around all around the university. I am please with so much and they have amazing programs.

Heidi

I love Henderson State University. The faculty and staff there are always so helpful. They will do anything in their power to help you succeed in your classes. The courses are challenging, but the professors will help you as much as they can. It is important to them that you succeed.

Christopher

Henderson State University is a great school. The teacher said dedicate their time and energy into each student to ensure that they succeed. The administration office goes beyond to work with students to assist them with any financial help that they can to keep them enrolled. The university cares about the campus life and events that go on to ensure that students have many things to do. This a great place for many people, great Greek life and great food. I’ve had my best college experiences here.

Jesi

Henderson State University is called "the school with the heart" and it truly is. I could not be more pleased with my time at HSU. The faculty and staff are so helpful and understanding and it does not even matter if it has to do with school or not. I would recommend HSU to anyone looking for a good college.

Bailey

I love Henderson State. It truly is the School with a Heart. The teachers really care about your growth and progress. The students are all very friendly and welcoming. You feel welcomed from the moment you walk on campus. The teachers are also very capable, care about the subjects they are teaching, and love what they do.

Talin

The campus is the perfect size for students who do not like to do a whole lot of walking. There are plenty of resources accessible for current and future students as well as alumni. The faculty are very engaging - something you will not find at a much bigger school. I have been introduced to many opportunities as a digital design BFA.

Ashlyn

I started at Henderson as a student back in August 2018. Unfortunately, I had to drop out due to personal and academic reasons. I dropped out in May 2019. As of this year, I will be a student at Southern Arkansas University in August 2020. Overall HSU was a good school even with their financial struggles.

Alisa

I love it and I am so excited to visit again. Henderson State is a wonderful university that I am ready to call home for the next four years. Academics to athletics, Henderson is a leading facility and I am ready to call it a home . The Business programs they offer are amazing and their fine arts are like no other. I am ready to live Reddie.

daelyn

I came to Henderson State University not knowing how I would like it. By the second month, I was absolutely in love with Henderson State University! I could not ask for a better place to get my education. throughout my first year, I have made so many friends and I joined the sisterhood of Alpha Sigma Alpha where I have learned many values and so many memories. One thing that I like about HSU is the price, it's not crazy expensive and you really do get the bang for your buck! I would never take back my decision of coming to Henderson to get my degree, GO REDDIES!!!!

Martina

Henderson State University was a great experience for me. I've met a lot of great people and made amazing friends. The classes were a great size so their was a more hands learning and great resources that helped up study. I'll say my overall favorite at HSU was the Greek life

Joshua

Henderson State University is a wonderful, peaceful, and professional college. During my time on this nice campus I noticed how safe the campus is at night. During the night hours the campus is well lit with campus lighting. When I say that Henderson State University is a professional college, what I mean is how professional the teachers are. They keep it professional while at the same time willing to give you twenty-four hours of there time. I love Henderson State University, I can honestly say this is where I want to earn my degree.

Vallera

I love my school! We are the school with a heart and I'm proud to go there. The professors know you by name and are there when you need them. Henderson is a very good school and I recommend anyone to come here. My school shows pride. They show love. And most importantly they show tradition.

Hunter

Coming from a small town in the central part of Arkansas, my mother attended this university and has always instilled in me that Henderson would always be a great choice to enroll into. The campus is always beautiful, the professors are always accessible, the students are never strangers, and you never feel alone.

Allyssa

One of my favorite parts about Henderson is the fact that my teachers know my name and know my name. I love that I have the ability to have the professor and not a teaching assistant like I would most likely have at a bigger college. That being said however, because Henderson is so small, it lacks the ability for some kids to come here because we don't have what they want to major in available.

Blesset

Henderson State is a very good school depending on your major. Academically you will be challenged. If you are interested in Greek life there are plenty of options and opportunities to get involved. If sports or going Greek isn’t your thing there are academic options. There’s clubs for almost every major. I’m apart of the premedical club and the biology club. It is an amazing opportunity to get mentored by people who have been in your shoes. As far as the food it’s not the best of the worst. There are a few options that you can choose from everyday but eventually you will get bored with it. On campus we have a Reddie Grill, Chick-fil-A, and a Starbucks. DCB comes in handy for the days you feel bored with the cafe. Overall Henderson is an amazing school, but there is one factor to consider. The outside campus life. There’s not much there other than fast food and a few good restaurants. For your well known restaurants, movie theatre, bowling alley, or any other event you have to travel. 45minutes to an hour to get to Hot Springs or Little Rock. If you don’t have a car and will mind the slowness of the town then consider Henderson. Dorm life is amazing. The freshman experience makes you feel at home and welcomed. The dorms are updated and clean. One of my favorite parts of my freshman year. I hope this honest review helps.

Tyre

I really like the school. The staff is really helpful, and the campus is nice to live on. There's plenty of opportunity out there and they encourage you to take it. I like the different activities they have on campus for the students. Overall, I like how easy it is to bond with others and become one big family.

Toney

Well the campus is quite beautiful while not being claustrophobic its spread out the perfect amount for each separate classes. Great on campus foo compared to other colleges visited. Class sizes can vary a lot with small classes then large classes. There aren't too many nearby shops but the ones provided are alright.

Anna

It's a wonderful place to pursue your academic studies, the students are diverse, and there's never a shortage of campus organisations. The theatre department is often overlooked, but the quality of productions are top-notch. Sports is very important on campus and there is never a shortage of games to attend. People are very open-minded on our campus and it's something I'm proud of.

Jhonnie

This campus has some nice new dorm rooms. They are super nice and up to date. People on campus are nice and willing to help show others around. The professors want you to succeed in classes, so they always help. The lunchroom has a lot of variety that I love. This school has a lot of spirit. I would love to attend here.

Bennie

Love it, the students are always there to help. Lots of free resources and tools available if you need study help. Professors and coaching staff are also available if needed. Makes it easy to be away from home everyone treats each other with respect.

alexis

I love Henderson State University. I'm so grateful I chose a school with "a heart." Henderson offers great academics, helpful tips and has a great atmosphere for students. I'm lucky to live in Arkadelphia, Arkansas and attend this school. Being a junior, I love seeing new freshman faces come to Henderson State University to experience the love and joy I have experienced throughout the years of completing my degree here at HSU.

Kasie

It is an amazing school.

Dulce

Henderson state is great school for many of the students in Arkansas. It is small and make you feel part of a new family. Everyone is easy to get along with and very friendly. The teachers are there to help you in any struggle that you are facing. We are the next generation.

lorena

It is a wonderful school. There are many opportunities to have here. The students are great and so are the faculty. If you have any problems there is always someone there to help. I truly love the opportunities and how I can go ask for tutoring help and it will be free . It all depends on you, the school offers a lot to help you pass, it's up to you to take the opportunities.

Destanie

It is a good college, and the majority of professors are always willing to help. The only drawback is the fact that it is located in a small city with nothing to do.

Ashlyn

I really really like this campus but in this town there’s nothing to do for Arkadelphia students are college students at all. We have campus activities and sports activities but outside of campus there’s nothing to do. It would be nice if we had some sort of catering business that we come in that would give us something to do .

Jade

Henderson like any school has its quirks, but I find it to be a fantastic school. There isn't talk of drinking or drugs. The library is almost always full of students studying. The teachers are very involved and always available to help even if they aren't on campus. They are big on the sports teams and have out of this world school spirit. The school spirit isn't focused just on sports they have a lively debate team, newspaper, and many other subjects and groups that the school supports. The school also is a huge supporter of the arts. The campus is always clean. They have security precautions in place and that makes me feel safe. The only thing I have a problem with is parking and they are fixing that. It's an incredible place to learn.

Andrew

I like the campus. It provides all the necessary essentials to survive in there and shows you what it truly means to be self-sufficient. Also the Studies there are so fun. I have so many resources I can access to help me with my studies given I go there in the ear of 2019-2020.

Kaitlyn

It's an amazing college! They have amazing academics, with professors who give out plenty of extra credit for participating in plays, going to concerts, or visiting the art gallery. To them, it is very important to be involved with and support others at this school. There are also plenty of opportunities to get a tutor, which is something I will definitely look into. They also have an amazing record with sports, even varsity sports. Every year Henderson State and Ouachita Baptist (rival colleges that are across the street from each other) have a huge game that everyone attends. It's called "The Battle of the Ravine". They throw a huge party with music and food trucks, have a tradition of pranking the other college, and everyone has a great time. This school is definitely one to look into. I can't wait to start next fall!

Henerson State University is a good college. They have a few things that they need to fix to better the college — academic wise they are almost outstanding. The main issues Henderson has is with the Housing, the Cafeteria and mainly with Maintenance. With housing, it is a matter of some janitors not doing their job. At Caddo, it is a matter of continually eating the same food and the food not cooked properly. Also, some of the food they serve is nasty. Now with Maintenance its a matter of not fixing things or putting things off till the last minute. Also, this school is not pregnant or children friendly. Meaning now that I am about to have a child, I can no longer stay on campus because they have no housing that will accommodate my unborn child and me.

Alyse

Overall I love the school. For the most part, the professors are awesome and always willing to help. The people here are welcoming and it is easy to make friends. The sporting events are fun to attend and be apart of. The dining hall isn't the best, but it is not the worst either. The housing is pretty good and they keep the campus super clean.