Hendrix College Top Questions

Megan

I am very satisfied with the decisions I have made and where I am in life at this time. My advice would be to trust my instincts, which I do, and study hard , which I do.

Erin

Before you head off to college, spend a little more time figuring out your comfort levels. Decide now if you are going to focus only on classes or get involved in student organizations, and actually go to the student organization fair when you have the chance! Think about possible majors but have a diverse freshman class schedule - take classes that fulfill requirements but also consider different disciplines. Connect with other students coming from your area before going to orientation so you know who you can hitch rides with back home or catch up with when you're home on winter and summer breaks. Throughout all four years, embrace the opportunities that come your way, even if you are nervous or it is so far out of your regular activities or routine. It's worth it! Academically and socially, things will crop up...go for it. Tackle topics in classes you aren't comfortable with - you will grow and learn so much more. Finally, take advantage of your professors and advisors. They are there to help and they want to talk. Learn their office hours and make sure they know your face!

Chris

I would tell myself about my own affinity towards the engineering type of work and help myself get on track to obtaining that degree faster.

Thomas

Stay the course with your studies and learn everything you can. Learning proper study skills will go a long way. It is going to be hard in college but if you listen and learn from your teachers it will benefit you, even if you don't agree with them all the time. They were in college at one time too and they had to experience many of the same things you will in college. Learn from their experiences.

Sierra

Think about life and evaluate your beliefs. Make sure you are the one defining your identity and not others. Have courage to be who you are and try new things. Have fun, but be responsible with the blessings you have recieved. Make a couple of best friends. Get involved in both your campus and your community. Don't stress so much, and enjoy life.

Shannon

Before starting this new adventure you need to heed my advice. Firstly, find and apply to all the scholarships that are available to you. You don’t want to put a lot of financial burden on your parents. While you are looking, do not procrastinate. The teachers will give tremendous amounts of work and those scholarship deadlines will catch you by surprise if you are not prepared. After getting into college, continue the path of not procrastinating. These professors are tough and most of them will not be lenient. You’re grades depend on the amount of time you put writing and rewriting papers and how much time you spend studying. Meaning, skimming three chapters the night before your Chemistry test in the morning equals a failing grade. Lastly, be open to meeting your peers in your freshmen class. This school will be a different environment for you, but it is the same for your peers. A part of college is about the effort put into your classes, but the other side of that coin is about the relationships and bonds that are formed during your fours years there with people who will challenge you into being a better person.

Genevieve

Genevieve, you are about to make a big change with your life. Although you may feel like you are an adult and completely put together, know that you are inevitably going to change. In order to make that change easier, be open to it. Allow yourself to grow and try new things. Happiness comes with flexibility and an eagerness to learn. You are going to make friends unlike any you have had before and they will not know what to expect from you. You are at a time when you can make whatever impression you'd like on whomever you want. Professors don't know what standards or ethics you uphold and new friends don't know how much fun you are. Be who you've always wanted to be and who you feel best as. Friends will come, good times will happen and knowledge will be acquired through confidence and faith that life will turn out well when you put your best effort forward. When the hard times come, know they will end and that there will always be people to support you. Good luck, and have a good time!

Woukency

I think attending college is the most important decision I have made in my entire life. I have gained a knowledgeable experience, and I have also found out more about what I can achieve. Going to college is important not only to gain training for the outside world but also to promote myself to have a great career in the future. I started out in a community college, where I received my Associate in Arts in business administration. Then, I transferred to a university in order to further my education with my major, finance. Attending a university has several challenges, but starting off at a community college felt like a good decision because it gave me time to be certain about what I wanted to do with my life. In my college experience, I expect to gain a good GPA, my Bachelors degree within four years, and an enjoyable social life. So far, it has been a valuable choice to attend college because I know I am achieving something that makes me feel better about where I am going in my life. I do not regret anything and it has made me a stronger person, which I am thankful for.

Dale

I often complain that other students at Hendrix lack passion, drive, motivation, intellect, and maturity. While this may be true, it is not necessarily bad, for I am forced to work with these individuals. It's been valubale for me to learn that not everyone in the world is exactly like me, and that I better be able to get along with those who are not similar to me. That's life. I've come into contact with individuals with whom I would never have interacted otherwise. My best friend wants to be a Southern Baptist minister. I went back to his house for Thanksgiving and was shocked when his Mother was reffered to as "woman." I was forced to understand that although I may come from a completely different background, people with sexist attitudes and such still exist, and that their opinions are no less valuable than mine.

Cara

The educational standard is much higher than high school in college and thus has given me more impowerment to do well on my studies. This has carried over to other accpects of my life, changing me as a person into a well-rounded head-strong individual that knows how to work for the things that I dream to accomplish. It has been more than valuable to attend Hendrix College as it has not only changed me as a person but has given me more career opportunities than I could ever have expected from a College or University. The help to get me on the right track onto Culinary College and beyond has been outstanding. I doubt I would be so far and so sure about my future steps after Hendrix College had the college itself helped me realize my potential and given me opportunities to fullfill my potential.

Braeden

College has been valuable since it has taken me out of the enviroment of poverty and allowed me to experience more of the world. Before college, I had never been out of the state of Arkansas. Since enrollment, I've been all over the south and to some of the north. I'm studying abroad in India at the moment thanks to the school's program. I've also become a much more well rounded person. I've become more articulate. College has been the best experience so far in my life.

Kristen

Life is going to change, and change can be very, very good. Always remember to be true to your convictions. Set your goals high so that even if you miss the mark, you are still making great strides. Think about all the things you will have to do for yourself - like laundry - and learn how to do it. Learn about healthy foods because most of what you run into will be yummy but will add to your tummy. Start an exercise regimen so that you don't get soft. Help your friends because you will need help someday too. Share your thoughts because everyone is not as different as you think. Be open to new ideas, but don't lose your sense of morality. Kindness goes a long way. Call home when you are blue, but don't expect that mom and dad will come to the rescue. Dorm rooms are small. Take less and have more. Learn how to manage your money because when it's gone, it's gone. Discover new ways to buy your books, but always be sure you know what you are getting. Remember that wants are different from needs. College should be about needs.

Monica

"Study all of the time.", "Go to every party!", "Be in every club available on campus". These are all terrible advice. Although these phrases may sound like seizing the day or being fully devoted to academic excellence, it is impossible to succeed with any of these pieces of advice. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, all I would tell myself about college is "Balance". Over the first semester of my new college life, I have had to make a lot of adjustments to find how to best live my life. I have found that balance is truly key when it comes to a time as hectic and exciting as college. I have found it is important to balance studying with having fun, spontaneous trips to IHOP at 3am with eating a healthy diet, relaxation with working out at the campus gym, spending time in the city and spending time in nature. Though everyone's combination for a balanced life is different, it is important for each student to find out how to maintain a healthy balance. For me, balancing my life made my first semester an all-around success.

The first bit of advice that I would give myself is to start saving up money, because everything at college is expensive. Buying supplies needed for the dorms and even quarters for laundry means that with all expenses any money disapears fast. It's imporant to start saving early and to continue to save while in college. Next, I would tell myself to start a healthy sleep habits. It makes paying attention in class a lot easier if you have plenty of sleep. I spent the semester exhausted all the time because I would put my homework off until late and I didn't get enough sleep. My grades suffered at first but I managed to pull off good grades when I changed my habits. It is also important to learn how to manage my time early. Especially when it comes to doing homework earlier and balancing free time with work time. The last bit of advice is to have a way to contact home. The first couple weeks are very busy and stressful and many people get home sick. Adjusting to a new life style is hard, especially away from home and having a familar voice makes it easier.

Dear Nicole, No one will care about what you did in high school. Pulling all-nighters is not scary when done with friends. You will make friends. Learn to use a paper format other than MLA. Drink before the party. Once you figure out what you want to do, do not stop. Study abroad. Smile at strangers when you get here, and always hold the door. Do not cut in the lunch line. Attend hall meetings. Take advantage of alone time. The couches in the library are not comfortable. Make flashcards for finals. If the textbook has an online resource page for students, questions from it will be on the test. Attend class. Yes, every class. You will get in a fight with your roommate. You will both get over it. Sweatpants are ok. So are t-shirts. Cattiness is not ok. Neither is intolerance. Bring every costume you own. You will use these. Be completely honest with your academic advisor. It's ok to drop a class if you have to. It's not ok to ignore what you love. Your parents miss you already. Find every scholarship in existence. Most importantly, Nicole, bring rain boots. Carry on.

Trey

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to stress out so much about grades in college because it is a hard transition that everyone goes through. I would make sure to tell myself to keep up with the homework and study everyday otherwise you will struggle in the end. However, I would also tell myself to go and have fun an meet as many people as you can. By knowing what I know now, I would have not taken for granted how easy life was my high school senior year and enjoyed every aspect of it.

Victoria

I would tell myself to not let college pass by too quickly. It used to be the case that I would laugh it off and say "yeah right" when people told me that college would be the best four years of my life. Now I see that this is the truth! Everything is so amazing, at least at Hendrix College. College is an opportunity to learn as much as you can about anything you've ever wanted to know. College is a time for self-discovery. On a more practical note, I would also tell myself to master time management. It took a while to get used to the heavy workload of a demanding college, but now I make daily to-do lists and schedules. This has allowed me to double-major, maintain a 3.8GPA, and possibly even graduate a semester early. Furthermore, I'd tell myself to get a grip on my finances before it's too late. It is tempting to go out all of the time and spend money during Freshman year, but if you can budget effectively, you will avoid a lot of heartache in the end.

Olivia

Close your eyes and think about the things in life that make you smile and what qualities about yourself you proud of and would like to develop further. These things are important. As a high school senior, you are interested in a lot of different things and it is overwhelming to think you have to choose just one thing to pursue in college. Don?t worry about choosing. Keep your mind and heart open. Your path will be chosen over time as you do the best you can to explore your options. Answers are not nearly as important as the questions themselves. Take care of your mind and body, but step out of your comfort zone sometimes. You will make friends, and some of them will be there for you your entire life. Life is not a personal fable, meaning that no matter what is happening to you someone else has had that happen too. You are never alone, but at the same time you are never the complete focus of everyone else's attention either. Do what you think is right. When something goes wrong, redirect your efforts. Overall, stay true to yourself!

Will

Being happy with the way things have turned out for me, I would not make any suggestions. Anything I could think to say that would make the transition a little smoother would probably alter where I am today. This may not be an original thought, but I am happy with my life and where it is right now. However, if it would strictly change the transition and nothing else in my life, I would tell myself to be wary of the relationships that my past self would try to maintain as I make that transtion. I would warn myself that in such a community and close knit atmosphere, it will be difficult to keep those relationships as they were before. I would tell myself that I am entering an entirely new experience and that change is for the better in this situation. I would warn myself that it would be best to begin that change before the semester begins. This may mean little to someone else, but to my past self, I believe it would make quite a bit of sense.

Hannah

If I could go back and give myself advice as a senior in high school, I would definitely tell myself to try every type of class while in high school. Don't be too sure. When I came to Hendrix, I was set on physics. I'd never taken a physics class because well, the teacher at my high school was not a competent teacher. I enjoyed everything physics, though. Now that I'm taking a phyics class, I'm not too sure. It's caused a lot of stress and confusion. I'd also tell myself that I need to learn HOW to study. I never really had to in high school. If I did, it would just be cramming. That is absolutely unacceptable here. My first round of tests were abismal. I realized that I just didn't know how to study. It seems like something you should justnknow, but I really had to train myself. If I'd done that in high school, it would have saved me from a lot of initial bad grades. One more thing I would tell myself would to not be embarassed to hang out with my parents. They buy food.

Heather

I would tell myself to understand that everything is going to be okay. Making the transition is easier than most make it seem like, and that I will ultimately end up where I need to be. I would also tell myself to really enjoy senior year; to not stress about the college applications, because eventually that really doesn't matter. I would also encourage myself to continue to try new things, and that I always want to surrond myself with good people. I would also tell myself that going to a small, southern school is perfectly fine. Especially, if it provides what I am looking for and what I need. It's okay, even better, to not go where everyone is going because you will find yourself when you go outside your comfort zone. High school is amazing, and you will have good memories. But, by no means is it the penultimate experience of life--college is that much better and way more meaningful.

Bernice

If I could give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to take my time. The first few weeks coming into college are stressful and seem to function on fast forward. Everyone is intent on making friends, finding a group, or just plain fitting in. It's easy to get pulled into all of that and to forget to simply embrace the moment. More importantly, those first few weeks as a college freshman are there to get your footing, to figure out the kinks in the system. Those first weeks should not serve as a race to alcoholism. Do not feel pulled into the environment where you feel you have to drink yourself to oblivion. Have a good time, but be safe, and be conscious of your decisions. And, of course, figure out what kind of student you want to be. Take the time to make a schedule, learn how to manage your time. There are ways to balance an academic and a social life and being smart about it in the first few weeks is crucial if you do not want to murder your GPA. But most of all, relax and enjoy those exciting firsts in college.

Paula

To be able to talk to myself as a senior in high school would be extremely helpful. First I would tell myself that I don't have to go to Hendrix if I don't want to, because it feels like I was somewhat forced to attend here but I love it. Secondly I would say, do not play volleyball; your going to quit anyways and you will be rewarded for practicing with the softball team. I would also tell myself that your better than you imagine there is nothing that is too much for you; sometimes things seem as if everything is crashing down, don't worry your world knows how to put itself back together. Finally, I would tell myself that in order to succeed you must strive for success, you can't become complacent with what you have: you have to desire something more. Talking to myself as a high school senior might not do anything because I tend to ignore myself, but who knows it might have done me some good.

Adam

If I were to go back in time and inform myself on how to better make the transition from being a high school senior to being a college freshman there would be a few pieces of advice that I would share. First I would tell myself to not get lost in the crowd of trying to make new friends and fitting in. I learned that I new who I was all along and that I should have asserted my own self image more that I did. Also to not be afraid of the change that is going on in life and to try to embrace the changes because they will eventually play into creating a more whole character. Lastly I would tell myself to study, study, study and be confident in all studies and in sports. I think the biggest problem I face was just having self-confidence in my actions, but I eventually caught on and reassured myself. If I were to go back into time these are the principles that I would convey to myself, but mostly I would want to tell myself to just relax and enjoy college by doing what brings happiness.

If I were able to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself that, while focusing on the future is not a bad thing, it can lead to not completely appreciating the present. I spent most of high school looking forward to college and not taking advantage of all the opportunities I had then. I don't know what specific things I would have done differently if I had been more socially involved in my high school. Also, I should have challenged myself to study beyond what my classes required of me. It has been hard to develop good study habits in college because I was rarely challenged in high school, so I did not have to study very often to make good grades. Having good study habits would have made some of my classes easier last year.

Victoria

I would have taught myself more about money matters. This includes knowing how to budgit, how to balance a check book, how to handle a bank account, and how to take out loans. Also, I would have wanted myself to look more into where my money for college was going and what were the cheaper and best options for me.

Jeffrey

If given the chance to give some well earned advice my self in a previous mind set I know that I would want to impart two peices of information. First and foremost is always academics and I would tell myself to be proactive in studies compared my past tendencies leaning towards procrastination. Not that I wouldnt be able to acomplish assingments on time but that I will only be learning the minimum. Teachers give out so many comments that could lead to more information if only I would have started looking into it . The other side of college is developing into a new person socially and my second peice of advice applies to this side of life. Its important to experiment and try new things but during this process you have to remember that you can't lose the identity of who you were.

Haiyan

As one of the international students who are studying in America, I would advise myself on two points: make as many friends as you can and enjoy the time you spend in high school. After coming and studying in America, I could not adapt to the new environment very well. I do not want to speak an English letter but a Chinese word. So, I cried crazy to tell what I had encountered to one of my old friends, whom I can rely on. He comforted me a lot and told me to smile. His word works. I do not want to share this feeling with parents because they can only worry about me. It is common for an international student to feel lonely. I always remembered things that happened in the past and most of them happened in my high school. I regret having quarreled with my high school teachers and some of my classmates because I miss them so much.

Lara

To be honest, I would tell myself that I am making the right decision by coming here. I would tell my high-school-self to remember that education - and academia as a whole - has never been, and should never be, a means to an end, but the end itself. Participating in myriad clubs and campus events has been an irreplaceable boon to my college life, as those have been the venues through which I have met my friends and teachers, classmates and roommates. These people have made my school my home, a combination I have always craved and envied of boarding school students. I would let my anxious and doubtful high school self know this. I would tell her not to go to the cafeteria with her roommate every day, and to force herself to introduce herself to everyone she meets. I would tell her to have no fear from the very start to speak up in classrooms. I would tell her that the knowledge that she is about to gain will change her life. I would tell her that college would make her education more than an increase of knowledge -- it would make it an experience!

Robert

I would begin by explaining how to develop proper study habits, which have proven to be one of the most important aspects of my college career. Adapting to college life is difficult at first, however with adequate preparation one can easily balance social and academic obligations. I would also tell myself to spend more time looking for job oppotunites while in school because that has been a pretty significant problem here. Other than that i think i was well prepared to enter college.

Joseph

College is not going to save you. It will not rescue you from the torments of socially awkward situations or the horrors of all-night study sessions. And it will not be a simple escape from the real world and the problems that every person faces as they work and learn to achieve a better life. Having said that, college will afford you new opportunities and perspectives on the world of which you are apart. You will be exposed to new people of diverse background and beliefs. Any student entering into college should be prepared to accept that there are more than one or even just two ways of looking at most issues. You will not be able to get by with just an open mind or simple tolerance. A student of the liberal arts must learn to fully accept diverse populations of people as human beings. It is critical that you be willing to rethink and reasssess some of your deepest reservations and taboos. You will not simply step out of your comfort zone. It will be shattered in front of you. It is an experience that is simultaneously terrifying and postively liberating.

If I were a high school senior preparing myself to start college I would first tell myself to start developing study skills and time management behaviors. That was this most difficult adjustment I had to make as I started college. In high school I never had to study in order to make the grades I was content making, therefore I had to learn how to study when I first got to college. I would also want myself to know that college was going to be fun. I was very nervous to start school because I was afraid it would be too rigorous or I wouldn't make friends. However, once I arrived at school I realized that it was a great chance for me to blossom into my true self on my own.

Amy

If I could go back a year and tell myself what college would be like, I would definitely tell myself about the study habits that I would need. My high school was not very challenging, and as a result, I never learned how to study. Now that I am in the college setting, I have realized just how critical this skill is. I would tell myself to stop putting assignments off until the last minute and keep a good schedule of what I need to do and when I need to do it. I would remind myself of everything that teachers had told us and explain to myself just how true every word was.

Harmony

Your mind will expand in ways you never thought possible, if you give it the chance. Doing research papers, homework, and talking with friends will awaken inner callings. With that said, you must let yourself be steered by new joys. Your interests will change naturally, so don't worry about your major. Get a job; you will realize you actually love homework in comparison.

The most important idea to understand before leaving for college is responsibility. In college you need to be aware of everything, there are no excuses. You must learn to manage your time well. Your time spent in college can be the best years of your life if you make them. I'm not suggesting a lack of a social life, I am stressing the importance of finding a sufficient balance for both. College can be both overwhelming and liberating at times, but as an adolescent it is your responsibility to know how to handle your time and your life accordingly. Your planner should become your best friend, the library a dedicated study partner, and after the papers and homework are done, Friday is yours!

I choose to leave all of my friends and go to a college two and a half hours away from them and my family. I thought it might be a hard adjust to; however, I didn't know how the transition would affect me. If I were in senior in high school, I would tell myself to take it easy and don't stress too much about college. It's a great experience, something to cherish. The most important thing when arriving on the campus is to seek out the things you want to get involved in. Because you can meet so many people just by joining a club or attending a campus event. And once you find one friend, keep looking for me. Don't settle on just one group of people to hang out out with, seek to hang out with lots of people. While it is easy to pick up the phone and call Mom or a friend from home and talk for an hour, instead use that time to develop a new friendship or get involved. The transition to college was very hard for me, but the more I became involved the more I loved Hendrix.

Albine

College life is not bad and the transition even though hard for me are not a big deal. The question is did I really want to come to college? Is what I am studying want I really want to do in the future. I think I would have given this single advice: Do not go to college because everybody else is going and do not study what you think is popular. Look deep into your heart and follow what you really enjoy.

If I were given the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to just breathe. I would tell myself that some big, unprecedented changes were in store, but that I have the mental and emotional capacity to deal with these changes, as long as I remember to breathe. I would tell myself that I am more than prepared for what's going to come my way. That I have the best friends in the world at this point in my life and that I should cherish them while I still can. Also, I would tell myself to cherish the time with my mom, because she's in her last few months. Ultimately, I feel that I was more than well-equipped to get through everything, as long as I simply take the time to breathe and relax.

Claire

I would tell my high school self, "Do not procrastinate of homework ,especially not essays or projects. All nighters are not fun. In fact they make you hungry and not fully functional the next day. Then they make you very, very tired." I would also tell myself as a senior, "Be bold when you meet the new kids. You never know, they may end up being your best friends. Some of your really good friends you won't even meet until second semester because you met them through other friends. Don't be afraid to talk to upperclassmen. They're nice, in fact, they like most of the younger classes. Most importantly though, I would tell high school me, "Don't forget those rainboots. You'll need those down south." And lastly I would tell myself, "Do not mess with the professors who say they won't tolerate lateness, because they won't. Listen to your professors and your advisor. They tend to like you. They may have new ideas for you that you hadn't considered before, about your future, about study abroad, about majors and minors, even TV and radio shows. They are nice people. Talk to them."

Paige

The best advice I can give to students and parents is to pick a school that feels right. You will never really know about a school until you start going there. College is what you make it. In reality, most schools are very similar but it is what you make of the expirence that really makes the college.

Students really need to spend the night at the college they are most interested in. By doing this, they get a real feel for the campus without their parents around. They will know then if they are able to fit in. Sure it is important to look at the academics, as a pre-med/biology major I know this and understand this. But in order to suceed, you must fit in and love your school also. By spending the night, you will get to really see campus life. Also, if you are an athlete, look as the teammates that you are going to be playing with. They become your family whether you love them or not because of all the time you will spend with them. So try to get to know your teammates as best you can before you sign up!

Tiffany

To parents: Do not be to pushy about what you want in your childrens' school lives. It is their life and if they mess up they need to learn the consequences. If you stress want YOU want the child will be unhappy with their school life and will probably grow up unable to make their own decisions. To students: You do not need to have a definite passion in life when you first come to school. Let it grow and develop. Pick a school that seems to fit you for who you are.

Sabrina

The key to finding the right college is simple: be sure that you know what you want. Are you looking for a small school, a school with great diversity, a school with reknowned academics, a school with a good sports program, etc.? Only you can know what you're looking for in a school, and the best way to start narrowing down your choices is to go to different colleges' websites, or use a college search engine such as FastWeb or something of that nature to compare schools. These sites usually have criteria that you can check off in order to find the college you're looking for. And, if there are mulitple choices, try visiting those colleges. You can learn a lot by being on campus itself, interacting with students and faculty and being able to ask them questions. Many schools allow for interested students to sit in on classes and events, so take advantage of that opportunity if it's offered. Knowing the environment of the school can definitely tell you whether or not you will be happy there, which will indicate your level of success at the college. Don't sweat it, and have fun!

Kendra

The best advice I can give to prospective students about finding the right college for them is to visit the colleges/universities that are of interest before making the final decision of attending one particular school. Going to experience a day -in -the- life of the typical student and observing first hand the student life of the campus speaks volumes from what any manual, brochure, reputation, or recruitment advisor can tell you. The next tidbit of advice I would give to students about making the most of the college experience is to GET ENVOLVED! This may sound cliche, but making connections with professors and networking with fellow classmates is a great chance to expose yourself to new and promising opportunities in the future. Also, have fun! College is about learning new lessons both inside and outside the classroom. Definitely do not inclose yourself inside of a bubble during this pivotal, yet exciting time in your life because the four years will pass by before you know it.

Savannah

Many of my friends chose colleges based on location, or solely on their desired major when they really didn't know what they truly wanted. I have seen too many friends drop out of college because they were unhappy or too far from home. I would encourage parents and students to talk at length about what the student wants overall (put the major aside), visit the school more than once, and if playing a sport spend time with the coach. A school will let you know right away if it cares about you or if you're another number. Your school should welcome you and make you feel at home immediately. Just as with any other life change, if it doesn't feel right - it's not. Parents should also coach their students while in high school about the pitfalls of college; drinking, missing classes, abusing the privilege of freedom. Preparing a child for independence early can make the college adjustment so much easier.

I would encourage students to research schools that they are interested in, and not to let the parents do the research. A student's college experience can be life changing, and it is important for the student to be comfortable at the chosen campus. Also, I would warn students and parents not to let the cost of education deter the student from going to a number one choice school; eventhough my parents will be paying off both my and my brother's college education for quite some time, I would not trade what I learned and how much I grew as a person for a cheaper education. I would not be the confident, knowledgeable, "go-getter" that I am today without my college experience. To students, try sports teams, inturmural or varsity, so you will have the opportunity to meet many amazing people who share the same intersts as you. And don't stay closed up in your dorm room - there's a whole world to experience and the college year's are the perfect time to do it!

Quantesa

When selecting a college to attend students should first determine what they are looking for in a college. Be sure to talk with current students and tour the college. You will be spending four years in this place, it should be an enviroment that you will enjoy.

Visit your college choices!! I wouldn't have choosen my school without a school visit, and I absolutely love where I am! I don't want to be anywhere else.

Gregory

travel before you go to college to get to know the differences in regional cultures and even more importantly visit the schools your interested in before applying. If you're looking at schools by a certain degree program act cautiously by also looking at their other programs your sort of interested in as you will likely change your mind about what to study.

Brett

At this day in age, you can always start over; however, the right college is eventually up to the student. He/She will just have that feeling like this is the one, and should be so excited that they don't want to finish high school, they want to jump straight into their new college. Financial Aid is so prominent, that you shouldn't let it hold you back from where you want to go. If you truly fit at the college, you will always be able to work out how you will get there.