Conway, AR

Hendrix College

« See more reviews of Hendrix College

The most frustrating thing about Hendrix College is the Physical Plant. If there is a repair needed to be done immediately, it could take them weeks to send someone over to fix the problem. This year, my roommates and I have a faucet that continues to run even after we turn it as far off as possible. We put a work order in to get it repaired. It has been about one month and we still have had no one come and look at it.

It seems that, for the 2009-2010 school year especially, the college appeared to be accepting more people than it had room for. A lot of students I know do not have housing for the upcoming year as of right now, and there is the question as to where they will be living. I fear that the lack of enough housing will cause students to have to look for apartments, which will further add to the expense of attending college.

I can't really come up with something that is frustrating about the school. It welcomes students from various cultural and ethnic backgrounds and works hard to blend everyone together. One area might be the study abroad program. There is not enough communication about deadlines and requirements, assistance to keep students on track to spend a semester abroad. I'd like to see more follow up in this area.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the pressure to be a social person. Basically, if you do not make friends in your Freshman year you are unlikely to have a big if any social circle to call your own. You end up out of the loop often because of it.

Currently, SUNY IT is undergoing construction making it difficult to get around campus, especially if you are new to the campus.

The cost. It's really hard to keep the GPA I need to keep my scholarship (I have lost part of it since last year).

that they are getting football