Hendrix College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hendrix College

Allison

Hendrix College is not for the faint of heart. Weird people, tough classes, and traditional housing from a while back. However, we're the most welcoming, loving bunch of nerds you will ever come across. Professors know your name, your pet's name, and when you're not in class, they'll call to make sure you're okay. Truly a tight-knit community.

Madysen

Hendrix is my home. The dorms are kinda gross for how much money we pay to go here, but the experience and atmosphere are 100% worth it. The culture is fantastic, while most people party pretty hard. no one will pressure you into doing that. Plus we have awesome events like shirttails and toga!

Sophie

Hendrix College is the optimal residence of an academically prioritized, young adult entering the world. Hendrix offers a multitude of academically, along with culturally, inclined opportunities for students to grow and prosper at the collegiate level, to learn more about themselves, and develop their character. If I attend Hendrix College in the upcoming fall, it will be because I have placed academic excellence at the forefront of my priorities.

Ebony

Hendrix College is a well diverse institution that allows my classmates and I the privilege of a wide-spread liberal education. As an upcoming junior, I am more secure and comfortable with my future plans and social advancement, due to our welcoming staff and insightful teachers. Our campus is one of the most visited sights on central Arkansas for its beauty, culture, and historic buildings.

assira

As a science major, academics at Hendrix can be very tough. But there are numerous resources available to help you. Apart from academics, everything else is great! The students are friendly and Hendrix has a great social scene. Everyone is genuinely happy to be here!

Braxton

There are no nice places to live and there is not a lot of political diversity. The cafeteria has really good meals. It tries to have different themes that keep the students up beat and happy. The teachers are very nice and helpful. Usually the athletes hangout together and the other students spend time together. We learn cohesively and all celebrate the weekends together. Which is why Hendrix is such an inclusive environment. Unless of course, you're a conservative.

Shelbey

Hendrix is a warm and inviting campus. There is always something to do, the staff is great, the students are great, and the campus is beautiful. A lot of effort goes into making sure the students feel safe and at home; I am never afraid to be alone on campus. The food is phenomenal. I absolutely love it here.

Allison

Hendrix College is a phenomenal home away from home. It is populated by an extremely welcoming student body and dedicated faculty. Hendrix has rigorous academic coursework that truly molds young people into confident, competent global citizens. It has a glowing reputation among graduate school admissions programs including medical school and law school, and there is an abundance of resources for those who wish to enter the workforce immediately. But by no means does its academic prowess take away from the fun. Hendrix has a teeming social life, with nearly all students engaging in either athletics, music groups, interest-based clubs, research, and more. The lack of Greek life actually brings the students together as a whole, and the underclassmen dorms have corresponding "brother" and "sister" dorms we host events with that keep the feeling of family around. In fact, the year kicks off with a dance performance from the freshman in each dorm in the center of campus. Despite all of the fun we have, I know that I am in a safe place when I step onto campus. The faculty and the student body all pitch in to ensure that Hendrix remains a place where everyone is welcome. After the recent chaos in politics, several safe places were established and a personal email from the president of the college reassured all students that they had support during these challenging times. Overall, Hendrix College is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to pursue a higher education.

I could not happier with my decision to enroll at Hendrix Collge. I have made the most amazing friends that I will have for the rest of my life. The classes are small enough that I am comfortable asking questions during class. The professors are truly concerned about making sure I receive the best education possible. They are always available to talk and reexplain a concept when needed. There are always activities going on on campus. There is never a dull moment on our beautiful campus. I highly recommend it!

Raven

It’s a great school with so many opportunities and activities. I don’t think I could have found a more perfect fit for myself. I am beyond excited for my years to come with the staff, peers, community! While the dorms may not be the best, the atmosphere is a 110%. I hope that everyone who chooses to go to college feels the same way as I do about Hendrix. I could not be more enthused to experience my college life at a campus that exceeds all of my expectations on what higher education shouldbe, and for that I am forever grateful.

Myca

So far as a college Freshman at Hendrix College, my experience has been very good. The environment and atmosphere is accepting and quite easy to adapt to. There is a strong sense of home and community that I greatly appreciate and enjoy. The professors especially add to that warm sense of home, everyone has your best interest at heart,

Ana

I love Hendrix. I am a current freshman here and I have loved every moment. Orientation week makes you feel so welcome in a new environment, there's so much to do on and off campus! You will meet people of all walks of life so you don't have to worry about fitting in because you will surely find your place here. The academics are wonderful. I have not met a teacher that does not love their field of study and what they do. If you ever need help, office hours are held almost daily and most teachers will even give you their phone number in case you need to call them to ask a question. Class sizes are small and if you ever miss a class, you can be sure that someone will let you copy their notes. Professors answer their emails promptly (in my experience). The cafeteria staff is amazing and ultra-kind. They make an effort to learn your name and ask you about your day. Birthdays are a huge deal at Hendrix. We have a birthday song, the lunch staff comes out with a cake, and your friends throw you into the fountain (no matter the weather). Life at Hendrix is never dull and there's a place for everyone. If you are interested in drinking, you are sure to find people partaking in these activities, but no one will ever pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do.

Nkechinyere

Hendrix College is academically challenging, but it was so worth it in the end. The small class sizes allowed for me to get the one on one attention from my professors who were dedicated to my education. Hendrix is a liberal arts college, and they mean it in ever sense of the word. Hendrix allowed for us to think worldly, to always ask questions, and to never settle for just one answer. I was so grateful to go to a college that had so many resources that helped me academically as well as vocationally. The professors and staff at Hendrix truly are with you every step of the way ensuring not only that you graduate, but that you find you are on the path to find your life's mission. I am appreciative as well as honored to be a alumni of Hendrix College, and whoever made the choice to attend would be in for an amazing educational journey.

Storm

Hendrix professors are so much more available than they would be at a big university because Hendrix is a smaller school. I like that, and I like the importance of academics above all else. Particularly, the science departments are comprised of extremely well-qualified staff, and I can be sure that I am receiving a stellar education.

Ian

My overall opinion of Hendrix College is that it's a great school. The campus is both beautiful and extremely safe. For those that are more afraid of walking at night, there's a public safety team that is available to escort you at all hours of the night. Class sizes are small, a bit below the average of a high school class. This allows for professors and students to have a more individualized approach to education than many state-run universities. Cafeteria food is rated among the top 15 in the nation, and it's very apparent. There's something for everyone in the cafeteria and it's all delicious. Hendrix is a hidden gem in Arkansas and is the best college in the state.

Maddison

The moment I stepped on campus, I knew that Hendrix was for me. I love the fact that we are a small school and the class sizes are perfect. I wasn't afraid or nervous to join Hendrix community because I felt like I belonged. I love everything about it, especially how it is helping me find myself.

Hendrix is a beautiful campus. The students are very welcoming and interesting. The food was wonderful. There is a place for every student to become involved. The dorms need some improvement, but overall I would recommend this college to people who are passionate about learning.

I love the teachers and the environment. Some teachers that i have interacted with have been rude, curt, and a bit non-accepting, but that is not the majority. The school tends to place an excessive amount of interest on sports teams instead of recruiting students that can handle the academically rigorous environment.

Nick

Public Safety is an absolute joke. For all students looking into attending Hendrix College, ask yourself if you are ready to constantly bicker with unjust authority. I will say that they do not discriminate, they despise all students. Public Safety is there to report all incidents that happen on campus but often times Public Safety will take matters into their own hands and unjustly punish students and ask questions later. Public Safety has zero concern for contributing to an academic environment and is more concerned with earning the school revenue it so desperately needs after constructing buildings Hendrix does not have money for. Hendrix utilizes public safety as meter maids and not as protecters of the student body. Students despise public safety for their lazy procedures and unjust practices. If you are looking into attending Hendrix College, talk with a public safety officer for 15 seconds and you will see exactly what I mean. Hendrix Public Safety is by far the worst aspect of the school and will continue to be until someone at Hendrix decides to listen to student's outcries for justice and fairness.

makiya

I love the school my grandma took me up there during the summer that what made me love hendrix college every summer i go i find somethjing new there that makes me want to go there every year so when i graduate high school in two years i plane to attend hendrix college.