Herkimer, NY
Herkimer County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Herkimer County Community College

Honestly, Herkimer County Community College was one of the worst colleges I have been to in my academic career. Every one was rude and self centered thinking that they were better then everyone else. The teachers were condescending and rude and when you asked a question, they didn't;t give you a clear answer. You're up on a hill, granted it is very beautiful but you're isolated. I did not feel safe there at all. The housing was a joke. All they did was put you in with any other person. They didn't even look at your questionnaire. The facilities were okay.

I find that Herkimer is excellent in that all the teachers and staff truly are there to help the students. They are all very personable and are always willing to go out of there way to help students. Being that it is a smaller campus, students are supported more personally.

Meysar

Because of its environment, I strongly agree Herkimer County Community College to being a school of focus. A surrounding where little to no distraction to be found. Also, fully supportive staff members. Helping the students such as myself excel in school and sports. Herkimer County Community College, in my opinion, is nowhere else I would be happy rather than here.

Hope

My experience at Herkimer has been Great! As a returning adult student I have been welcomed and supported by faculty, staff and students alike. The college has a lot to offer off campus and on campus students if you look for it. It has been a terrific experience returning to higher education.

Kristina

I really learned a lot up at Herkimer. The big plus I had with the college is that there is plenty of parking. The campus is pretty spacious so there are plenty of things to do in your free time. There is also a mall pretty close by where you could go shopping. Teachers normally have regular office hours, and are available to talk via email/phone.

Matthew

I would tell myself to not slack off and actually get my butt in gear and try harder in high school. I didn't really try very hard in high school and I am regretting it now. I could have gotten in to Herkimer for free because of my grades. I was one person short of getting this award and I am kicking myself now for it. I would also tell myself to get involved more in the communities around my house. I was involved a bit through Boy Scouts but I was not involved enough in my life. Even though I was involved a lot I could have been involved more. I would have told myself that I would need to try harder because once I leave high school I will have to pay for the rest of my education for the rest of my life.

I wish that I had known that this college offered so many scholarships to incoming students. My Guidence Counselor told me very little about what was offered and what I could possiblyget when I went to Herkimer. I went in blind about was available to me for assistance. This would be the only thing that I wished i had known. For the most part I knew quite a bit about the college and what it offered education wise.

I think that people that don't take education seriously and people who feel that they should be at a "better" school shouldn't go to this school. I feel that even though they are at a community college they are getting a good education even though some people don't think that they are. People who think they are better than the rest and should be attending a private, big, well known college need to get there act together and take what they are allowed and run with it. If they are stuck up in this way, leave.

Ketsy

To stay focused and to never give up on obstacles that you face considering that education is the key to success. Study hard and maintain a good enough GPA to have a better oppurtunity in the future. Always have a back up plan just incase you decide to pursue another career that doesnt work for you because its never too later to start over. Save your money as well as finding a path that you feel you can find a successful career . Always be prepared for the worst to come as well being prepared for the good that will happen overall in life . Never settle for less with high expectations in mind in order to achieve goals that will take you far being educated.

I wish I would have gotten a better understanding on how important education is early in life . During my highschool years , I wasnt as focused and responsible as I am now ; and if I was more determined in my school work then I wouldnt have to deal with tough decisions and overcoming difficult situations.

my school gives the experience of living on your own and the knowledge you gain from experiences encountered while living here. Meeting new people and getting to know different lifestyles and where they come from. I brag about this because I feel it is important to know who and what your dealing with. Giving your own opinion to a person that is interested in these arrangements can help a great deal.

andrew

Its a rural school with a high sence of tradition and values.

Its a rural school with a high sence of tradition and values.

I would tell myself that college is going to be lots of fun. The college lifestyle is nothing compared to what you have experienced in your small home town. The atmosphere and community is unreal and jawdropping. Never let yourself get down and not to worry if you mess up. You're only human and everyone makes mistakes. Just try to remember that every bad situation can be made better, even if it doesn't always feel like it. So have fun and be safe. For every situation there are a lot of choices and even more consequences. Oh yeah, if a crazy looking guy from down your hall asks if you want to try one of his homemade brownies just tell him "No thanks, your not feeling all that hungry right now." With that being said get out and have some from.

It's located just far enough away from all the local venues that you can never walk and always have to take the bus.

My classmates are White, Black, Asian, soft-spoken, loud, obnixious, and they are the most intersting people I have ever met.

students of the school are a mix of locals, Innercity kids, and Asian kids, I have never seen a more unique combination. They work together in classes and outside of classes tearing down social walls and forging bonds that will last a lifetime. You can walk into the cafeteria and see people that would have never talked to eachother in anyother situation having animated converstaions. The other schools that I looked at were in the same rural situations, but they were predominatly White, and the the small different ethinic groups stuck to eachother. There was no blending of the races.

I would look at myself and say, "Rachel, buckle down and WORK. The only thing that will save your ass in college is your work habit. It will define your grades. Study for that test and Pass it. You need to learn how to study for tests. Not pass by the skin of your teeth. You also need to get a job. Learn how to multitask and priorotise, 'cuz man, It is killing me right now. You need to learn to study and not paly that new game you just bought. " Then I would Shake my finger at myself and hope I listened.

Marquis

I would tell myself to spend more time getting prepared mentally, physically, and also financially. In knowing the work preparations needed for college you would need sleep and a steady head, so your mentality has to be stable enough to endure the work on a college level. Staying fit contributes to college life, seeing as its scientifically proven the more productive and fit you are the more work you get done. Financially you also have to be prepared seeing that your on your own and have to provide for yourself. Unless of course you don't want to eat, sleep, wash, etc... So in conclusion I would tell myself that college is a preparation for the real world called life it breaks you down to build you back up opening doors you could never imagine.

Herkimer County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.