Herkimer, NY
Herkimer County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Herkimer County Community College

MELISSA

I find myself struggling through life with no where to go. So I would tell myself that you need a degree to get anywhere in life and stay focused on your dreams and goals. Don't make stupid decisions life is hard and you need to be better than the next guy for it is a dog eat dog world out there

The advice that I would give myself knowing what I know now about college is simply breath. It's stressfull when you have so many things to think about. Getting into a college, being able to afford it, intimidation of a new scence, wondering if the other students will like you, applying for financial aid, etc is enough to stress someone out. I went to college excited but scared and if I could go back when I was a senior I would tell myself to not stress and that everything will work out. I would tell myself that everyone else is making the transition too and I'm not alone.

Students that should attend this school are the ones that don't have a lot of money but want to be more educated. Herkimer is affordable and not far from home which is comforting for students students like me.

Darius

Truman is a University that strives for educational excellence by giving students the opportunity to succeed in each area of study.

To begin, in High School, I really didn't have to try hard. Everything came pretty easy to me. Little did I know that the college world would require a lot more of me. If I were to go back in time I would tell myself to be mentally prepared to dedicate more scholastic time to my day. I would also recommend talking to my high school counselors about study tips and tips to succeed while in college. Another aspect that I was not completely ready for is the complete independence. When I decided to go forth with college I knew that I was making a big step. I knew it would be a tough step when my parents informed me that they couldn't help me pay for college at all. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to do more financial-aid research. With more knowledge of my financial-aid options I could have avoided my current economic predicament.

The thing that I brag about most when I tell my friends about Trumann is that it's known as the Harvard of the Midwest.

Vincent

College is a major stepping stone for many high school students. knowing what its like already, if i could go back and give myself advice as a senior, it would be to be have an open mind. In college you wil meet may new people, and be introduced to many other aspects of life. i would suggest to myself to, e open to anything but know where your limits are. College does not only give you a great learning experience, it can be a life changer for some.

Matthew

If I gave college advice knowing what I do now, my advice would be not to get too committed to a certain major right away, because it may change. Try a few classes of your intended major and see how much you enjoy them. Take mainly liberal arts classes and get those out of the way. Most liberal arts classes will then transfer into your desired major. I started college at 17, since then I have changed my major. Changing majors happens a lot as students try to figure out which career path they would like follow. I would also advise attending a low cost community college for the first 2 years and obtaining an Associate?s Degree. Knowing that you managed the money well is very satisfying. Don?t be afraid to think outside the box with online classes. They can be very flexible and economical to a student as well.

I enjoy the online learning option that Herkimer offers. Herkimer is the only school I found with an Economic Crime major available.

Margarita

Well first of all I quit school in the 11th grade. I only wish that I could go back now because I would have graduated. That has been something that I have always regretted. I would have told myself to stay in scholl and take advantage of the whole high school experience. I would be involved with the school. Being the age that I am making the decision to go back to school was a hard one but I ma glad that I did.

I can't say that I really dislike anything about the school. It is a very nice school.

I found the most frustrating thing to be a part of a classroom. So I chose to be an on line student. While I was in class there was a lot of talking and phone usage. It made it hard for me to concentrate.

Margarita

Well for me I quit school. I was pregnant in my junior year and I decided not to go back for my senior year. That I see as the biggest mistake I have ever made. Now that I am 32 and a college student, I realize how important schooling is. It can make a huge difference in your life. I would have taken in the whole high school experience and would have went straight to college from high school. Now I am 32 years old. I have a 14 year old son, that will finish high school and go on to college. I realize now what an important part of my life school was/is. I am expected to graduate this month and start my life with a new career. I have to admit, it is very scary, even at my age.

I love the campus environment. I think that it was. I'm 32 years old, so going back to college was a big decision for me. I didn't want to feel old. I enjoyed the friendliness of the students and the faculty. They made me feel as if i fit in.

i wish I would have done some brush up work, since I have been out of school for so long. I just jumped in and at times it was overwhelming. I made it though. I am expected to graduate 12/09.

Kristin

My school has small, hands- on classes, caring professors, and alot of acedemic programs for the size of the school, it also offers apartment- type dorms.

If I were to go back in time to when I was a high school senior; I probably would have told myself not to sweat the small things. I would have said that college goes by so quickly, that you want to make sure you enjoy yourself, but do not forget where your priorities lie. School comes first, but college isn't as bad as you think. You will find that college seems easier than high school, so for now, study hard and when it comes time to start your freshman year, you will be glad you paid attention in high school, because you will soon realize that alot of what you learnt in high school will creep up on you again your first year of college. But that doesn't mean when you start college you can goof off; college is most important, and if you goof off, your future will not look as bright, and your dreams may be a little farther from reach. A college degree is something you earn, so don't take college for granted.

The thing i like most about my school is every person who works there is kind, and wants to help you succeed, they are very dedicated. I also love their photography program, which is what I am going for, it is very hands on, and the professor makes the classes fun.

Herkimer County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.