Hesston, KS
Hesston College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hesston College

Macey

I have dreamed of these moments for most of my life. It's official I have reached one of my greatest accomplishments so far in my life. Hesston College has made this all possible. There is so much I have learned both on and off the court and many of those things have to do with Hesston's core covenants: joy, engagement, accountability, and community. The two core covenants​ I think have made a big impact on my life in my first semester of college would be joy and engagement. Through joy, I have learned to love the sport of volleyball, God, and my family and friends ten times more than the amount I did before this season. I have fallen in love with a game I thought I had already loved with most of my heart in whole new ways. I have been pushed my teammates, coaching staff, and myself this season to be a better athlete, student, and person in general. They pushed me whether we were at the beginning of the season three-a-days, trying new churches, midseason games against some of the biggest competitors we will ever face, and finally being away from home for the first time ever. I have been able to find joy in all of these things. Engagement has played a huge role in my life this year being on Heston's campus. I believe that Hesston is a great place to get engaged in a place on campus whether you are getting engaged in volleyball, in the classroom and also in our community. Volleyball is something I have always strived to be engaged with but this year I have pushed myself to be more involved in the classroom as well as been engaged with activities in my community. I think being engaged in multiple aspects has made my first semester more enjoyable as well as interesting. I have had an amazing first semester on Hesston's campus while growing as a person to be more well rounded while making many great memories along the way. This year I have also learned a lot about myself, volleyball, my faith, and psychology. I’m extremely grateful for the opportunities I have received here at Hesston College.

Everyone has been extremely helpful and always available. It's a very personable environment and everyone is eager to learn.

Charles

Hesston College is a school I would recommend someone who likes small towns, and doesn't want to go to a big school. Hesston is a over priced school, with great teachers. However, the campus life can be better. There are ridiculous rules and fines, and this is to cover for the lack of students they can get to come there. They campus does get involved in sports, but the administration is too strict and doesn't allow really any rowdy cheering. Overall Hesston is not a bad place, but wouldn't be my choice if i could do it over again.

Andrea

Once thing that is unique about my school is the great amount of diversity in ethnicity, religion, politics, and economics. For a two-year private Christian college, we have an uncommonly high amount of diversity in our student body. There are nearly 450 students at this college that represent ten countries, 27 states, and 25 official religious affiliations. Interacting with those who are completely different from myself has been a very enriching, unique, and stimulating experience for me that I think would be hard to find at many other colleges.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would make sure to tell myself to be outgoing and get to know a wide variety of people. I've always be rather an introvert, but before I came to college I made a committment to try to be as outgoing as possible, and I think this was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. It allowed me to form some friendships that definitely would not have happened otherwise. I also would tell my high school self that it's perfectly fine to not stick with just one group of friends throughout my two years at this college. I've had several groups of friends while here, as well as many who were not part of a particular group. This was a very enriching experience as it has allowed me to experience the diversity of many people as well as allowing me to form deep, lasting friendships and connections with people from all over the globe.

This school offers a chance to develop relationships with people who have a wide variety of customs and beliefs, so a person attending this college should be someone who enjoys interacting with differing cultures and gaining new insights on how others think. A person attending here should be open to experiencing and learning about other cultures and be interested in gaining enriching experiences that stimulate their mind.

Alicia

My school is known for being one of the first Historically Black Colleges' to merge two schools into one big school during a time of segregation. We are one of the few universities that is a church affiliation (Methodist) school who has an actual church service during the week. We have an active alumni that always gives back to the school and we have an active pre-alumni that work hard to improve the school through Student Government Association.

What you learn in life not only enhances your vocabulary and social skills, but it stimulates your mind to make good decisions. It's the difference between a 5-figured, or a 6-figured guaranteed sum when darkness comes into our lives. Some would say it comes from friends, family, school, teachers, professors, and life in general. The answer is our choices and decisions. Society says that graduation is an achievement of a milestone in our life, but what we don?t realize is that our life is just beginning, it embarks on a new life journey, in which some are scared to face. We can get a well-paid job with a nice pay cut, but the bottled emotions one may have come from the support that our families, teachers, pastors, and leaders have given us. At twenty-two years old, I am able to give back to my family and community. I?ve learned that a accomplishment is only as big as you make it to be, a dream starts off as an unpainted picture, but in learning, crying, failing, succeeding, teamwork, hard-work, effort, comfort, and support, you can paint a ?masterpiece.?

I wish more people knew about Huston-Tillotson University and its incredible history of becoming such a historical figure in the African-American History.

Jonathan

As a reflective and contemplative person, I very often look back on my life and wonder how I could of done things differently and if I've made the right choices. If I could, as a college Sophomore, have a conversation with myself as a high school senior, I think the first thing I'd say is to not stress myself out over the decision of where to go to college. While it is a decision that takes a lot of thought and planning, I don't think it's one that people should lose sleep over. That being said, I would also warn myself that I should spend effecient time planning, visit more colleges, explore more options, and be open to expanding my boundaries a little more. Leaving home and going to college is not nearly as scary or intimidating as it may seem as a senior. I'd tell myself not to settle only for what feels safe and comfortable. While starting something new can be somewhat scary and challenging at first, it often has the potential to make you a better person in the end.

The best thing about my school is the diversity within the student body. Despite being a small school, we have students from over half of the states in the U.S. and 10% of our student body are from other countries all over the world. Through my relationships with people of different backgrounds, nationalities, and worldviews than my own I have broadened my own view of the world, been challenged academically, and grown in numerous ways. Both in and out of the classroom, my interactions with the various students at my college have been formative and invaluable.

Chelsey

Hesston College is a very warm and welcoming college. The first time I visited the campus, students would smile and say hello in passing. There is a very refreshing and optimistic view of life and education here. I would say it is unique because the students call the professors by their first names. Not only is it normal, but it is encouraged. The goal is to create an atmosphere of family, a feeling that you are close to your professors even outside the classroom, where they become your mentors and friends. It is a very enjoyable and warming experience.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself not to worry so much about what I want to do for a living. I would tell myself to focus more on my life at the moment and not so much on the future. I now know that college is about finding yourself and figuring out what you are interested in. I wish I would have known in high school that it is ok to spend some of the time you have in college to change your mind and discover and explore the many different options and paths you can take with your life. In high school I was so caught up in trying to decide what career path I wanted. So much so, that I had little time to enjoy my life as an immature adolescent who was still able to mooch off of my parents. Now I find myself as an independent adult living off of what little money I have, who not only missed out on some part of my adolescence but who also has no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life.

The most frustrating thing about Hesston College, for me, is that there are not any study abroad opportunities. It has always been my dream to study abroad during my college years and, when I graduate, I still plan to at the college I transfer to. It is just frustrating that I have to wait another year and a half to get that opportunity.

Donovan

Hesston College is well know for its strong aviation and nursing programs. It is also well know for its Mennonite affliation and the possitive learning atmosphere. Hesston has small class sizes which creates a more personal interaction between students and teachers. It also has a higher percentage of out of state students as well as foreigners than most other schools in Kansas.

My classmates are a diverse group of people that enjoy learning and get along great with each other. We help each other out when we face different problems.

Get started early looking at where you want to go to school, what you want to major in. It is important to know what you are looking for in a college. It is a good idea to list the pros and cons of each school that you are considering to help you make a good decision.

Reshet

I would tell myslef to work harder and commit to my work so that I would go through college prepared and with a scholarship.

A very dedicated and hard-working student should attensd this school. A person who wants to widen his or her horizon and lead a life of purpose should attend this school.

Hesston College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.