Freeport, IL
Highland Community College-Freeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Highland Community College-Freeport

Madeline

It's a good school to go to get your gen-ed's out of the way. Campus is small. Small groups of students sometimes are seen hanging out. Most popular buildings are in building H in the Library and main lobby. Or building N (science building) in the lounge. All other areas are usually dead. Lots of options off campus for lunch, and lots of clubs to get involved in. Professors do care about their students, and are more than willing to help them.

Kaitlyn

Highland is an amazing community college. A lot of people think lowly of it, but they have great instructors who care about the students, great faculty that is very helpful, a cafeteria staff that does their very best to accommodate everyone, and great sports programs. Highland has programs for everyone. They have auto mechanics, nursing, theatre‚Äč, hospitality, and more.

Skylar

It could be better, but they do have some good thing. My collision instructor last semester was always on his phone and gave answer to the book work if when we actually got into the book to do work. The kids acted out and had no real super vision. I'm overall disappointed in the collision program but I'm satisfied with the diesel program.

angela

It's a great place to attend school or work

It's a great place to attend school or work

Ari

I love saving money at a community college and its nice to come home every night. I wish the campus was updated and there was more people that I didn't already know. It's big on some sports but it helped me a lot get noticed. I will be transferring to a D3 school to play volleyball. Small colleges are great for sports!

Madelyne

I absolutely love Highland Community College. It is a great transition from high school to college, and it also is very affordable. The professors are always there to help, no matter the situation. Also, it is a great learning environment. I have learned a lot, and cannot wait to learn more. I would highly recommend Highland to any and every high school student.

Highland is an amazingly fun, individual-based, accepting college, which wants to help each and every student reach their educational goal for their life.

Highland is unique because it has more of a personal atmosphere. The teachers try to help individuals more than just lecture and have the students take notes. Highland is not a big college but it has a very happy atmosphere and almost everyone has a positive outlook. Highland also encourages acceptance of people, new ideas, and individuality.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school I would tell myself things that wouldn't change what college I would attend but that things I would say would change the mindset that I have now. I would start off by telling myself not to worry about college because it will be amazing. Second I will tell myself to forget my high school crush because I do not need anything hindering my studies. Third study, study, study, don't procrastinate doing homework and make sure not to forget any homework. Write everything down so that it isn't forgotten. The most important thing that I would tell myself would be to make friends, don't be shy and just be myself. I will need friends and I can't be afraid to talk to people just because of what I think they might think. I would tell myself never to give up and always keep a clear and level head.

Highland Community College-Freeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.