Highland Community College-Highland Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Highland Community College-Highland

Ja'Chel

Highland Community College is a small College in the middle of nowhere. it is a college for you if you like 2o min trips to McDonald. the class sizes are super small. the teachers get to know you pretty well. Football Volleyball and basketball are top sports. if you like a small, lets get started, finish you general education classes Highland is for you.

Hunter

Highland Community College is a great choice. I loved having small campus and small class sizes. Highland's costs for tuition, books, and housing are greatly lower than an university. It was a great choice for me coming from a very small high school.

Fatima

Highland Community College is a great school to attend. What I love about Highland is how affordable it is. That makes it stress-free and easier to focus on your courses. Another thing I love is how involved most of the professors are. They are always available if you need help or just someone to talk to. My overall experience has been wonderful and I will forever be grateful for Highland. They made school enjoyable for me and I definitely recommend!

Erin

GREAT PLACE TO GO!

Jordan

Highland Community College - Highland is a school that has a variety of scholarships that are always available for students such as athletic training scholarship, criminal justice scholarship and others. These scholarships cover a majority of your schools such as your tuition and books. By having these covered all you need to mainly worry about is the cost of housing, food and etc, Housing is decent, it's not fancy nor nice looking. It's good enough to live on. The housing has a kitchen, stove, refrigerator and other things. The town is small and boring. The only thing to do in Highland is to go to class, store or Wellness center or join academic clubs or work-study. The food is decent but the cafeteria has a lot of flies that fly around while I'm eating. If you're going planning to attend here make sure you have laundry money as it'll cost you $5.50 altogether if you're using two washers and two dryers as the dryers don't dry your clothes well so you to pay an extra $0.50 for your clothes to completely.

Kourtnee

Highland Community College is an excellent small-community college. Everyone is friendly and the staff/faculty are always willing to help you with anything. It is affordable and it offers many different academic opportunities, depending on your future plans.

Kendra

I am currently in my first year at Highland Community College. I would give Highland a 4.5 star. It's in a very small town. There's a gas station and that's about it. The class sizes are fantastic. You know most the people in your classes. The teachers know you by name so you always have the help you are looking for. Overall, the school has a great environment and there are many clubs and opportunities. I would recommend Highland to anybody as their first secondary school. I love being a Scottie.

Luc

I really love the community I've found through Highland! I work two part-time jobs as well as having to do full-time school. The opportunity to do online classes has been a game changer for me. The teachers are open and receptive to feedback and are great resources!

Laila

Highland was a safe option for me because it's close to home and very affordable. They have phenomenal sports teams which is also another great financial opportunity given that there is no out-of-state tuition. The student to teacher ratio is small which makes it a great learning environment for students like me who sometimes need the help but are afraid to ask. Recently a video was released about Highland Community College depicting the racism at the school, Highland is a school that is full of students of all races which can be represented on about any sports team. The real problem I have with Highland is some of their campus security, my friends and I sometimes notice security driving by our dorm about 5 times in roughly 10 minutes. We've also encountered security following us around campus. I am not against campus security, but I am against some of the people affiliated with HCC's security. Overall, Highland is a great school for anyone and even though there isn't much of anything to do in Highland the school hosts many events to keep students entertained. It's also a great way to get general studies out of the way if you intend to transfer.

Michelle

I enjoyed my professors who were knowledgeable and approachable. They truly wanted us to succeed. When we weren't able to attend class they allowed us to receive and complete notes and assignments early, as well as caught us up when ill. They contacted students that hadn't shown up for class on a caring basis rather than an assignment hound.

Dominique

It's awesome, they have many classes for everyone. The professors are always available for the students. It is a public college located in Highland, Kansas. opular majors include Nursing Assistant, Liberal Arts and Humanities, and Health Aides and Attendants.

DeAviance

My overall opinion on Highland Community College is that it can be a great school. If you plan on attending I highly recommend scheduling a tour so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Most people come expecting something bigger than what it is. If you like a small class sizes and a more family-like environment this a school for you.