Des Moines, WA
Highline College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Highline College

Bailey

I love Highline college. The classes are the perfect size so that the teachers know everyone by name and they encourage class discussions. The work is not too rigorous for me and there are many courses to choose from. The campus is very diverse and everyone is very nice.

Jeffery

Good school that really seems to care about the success of its students. Teachers are accessible. The school attracts a lot of foreign students and the atmosphere is friendly. The school is attracting some college sattalite branches in different studies to earn a bachelors degree

Ivy

I really like Highline. I have been a student for going on 3 years now, and I have never had any overall complaints. They have many resources available and a strong community. When I need anything, there is a resource there for me to use. Childcare, advising, help in any subject, a big library and a ton of space for studying. The school is VERY diverse, which allows for learning in not just class.

Guerlande

It's good but I will say paying for parking shouldn't be a thing because we pay for each quarter instead of school year which sucks and happens to be more money out of our pockets. I wish that their AA degrees transferred anywhere guaranteed instead of seeing if it does or doesn't.

Raymond

Highline community college is a great looking school with a staff that is willing to help you through thick and thin. It has a great selection of classes per quarter and the school does education very well. Some cons for this school is that there are very expensive meals and the staff takes way too long to prepare the food. Not all teachers post grades on the canvas site which is the website used to check grades. The parking is Horrendous especially in the first month of the quarter.

Katrina

Keep all your notes. Preferably in a composition book for easy storage. It becomes a mini, personal textbook you can use for years to come. Your tuition value is literally held in the pages of the notes you take!

Joshua

My classmates were weird, boring, and not very social.

My classmates were weird, boring, and not very social.

Work harder! Don't go into college thinking you can do the bare minimum and pass. It's real buisness. Also, your high school didn't really prepare you for math.

Everyone at my school is there becuase they have to be. No one is there because they want to be. You don't make friends at that school, you get in, do your buisness, and get out.

Skye

If I could give myself advice I would say to myself “It may seem easier now but I promise it will get harder. Through life you were always trying to look for ways to challenge yourself and when you are not challenge you tend not to care about the class until you get challenged once again. I know slacking off seems so easy and I know you are smart enough to get everything done last minute. But trust me, it's not worth it. Going into college you're going to see that you want to do the same thing in high school. Don't do it. You will regret it in the long run. You have the power of knowledge and you are the first generation graduate of our family. Set the highest stepping stones for your younger siblings to follow not the lowest. So they can see that anything is possible because YOU made it possible.

The type of person who should attend Penn State or any college is one who wants to achieve higher and accomplish great things in life. If you want to further your education and become a part of something greater then I suggest this is the school for you.

The most frustrating is that when you go to a big college you seem to get discouraged when you finds out everything is not what you thought it would be. The thought of you meeting new people and starting over is frustrating. In all, you'll find yourself adjusting and becoming accustom to things that you would have never thought you would before.

sadiq

One of the significant lessons I may have learned from my schooling is time management. I wish I could have saved more time to focus on the additional resources and learning materials during my school attendance period. By focusing on the additional learning resources and material, we can enhance more life learning and education that guide my personal and professional life. By having more education we may find more job opportunities, more income and brighter life for my family that consequently enables me to contribute in improving our economy and create better sustainable life for our current and future generations.

Continue learning, interacting with students and instructors are the best part that I liked here in my school. because learning is never ending process.

leaving my school wase worse thing as someone miss studends, teachers, learning resources.

Richelle

The school is great, open, accomodating and welcoming with many ways to get involved and tons of resources to look for.

Classmates are diverse, open-minded, international, multi-lingual, local, relatable, intelligent, passionate and focused.

Dear 17 year old Richelle, I know right now you're thinking you're on top of the world because high school is ending. Also, I know you feel prepared to go to college in the Fall. But you're not ready. You are far from ready. High school was your safety net and it's not going to be there when you go to college. When you go to your college orientation, don't try to force yourself to make friends. Don't compare yourself to other student's accomplishments. This is where you get into trouble. Instead, go to the Advising Center to get some guidance because you're going to be all alone in college. You need emotional support most of all. When there are assignments you don't know how to do, get some help! Go to your professor's office hours and don't be scared to go! Also, stay organized and be aware of all the essay deadlines. See the end of the quarter in mind because it will come in a flash. Take care of yourself and find the motivation inside of you. You won't find it anywher else.

Highline College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.