Hamburg, NY
Hilbert College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hilbert College

My school is known for service to the community, respect, and integrity. It is a private college and enables the small amount of students attending to embrace, enjoy, and appreciate the full college experience. Classes are small and most teachers are retired professionals who have had experience in careers that apply to every student's area of study. School events are also a great attribute to the school along with sports, and campus life.

Assuming that I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior in high school, I'd probably be dissapointed beacuse I never made it to senior year in high school. Yeah, I'm a drop-out and I regret it everyday now that I have grown up. Hypothetically, if I had made it, I would tell myself to enjoy the small things in life that are free and the things that are priceless. Take time to relax and don't spend so much time worrying about other people, worry about yourself. I would tell myself that bad things were coming my way but to hold on tight because I would be alright. To add to that, I would also tell myself to not be worried about the bad things that are coming, that it would only give me a headache and in the end it would make me a better person anyways. I would remind myself that I need to stay strong because I am a role model to many and people look up to you. Lastly, I would tell myself to not get caught in the moment, Life's too short.

The worst thing about my school is that I cannot stay there forever and I must move on at some point. Besides that, I personally don't like how some of the buildings look. Some of them are a bit outdated and need some attention.

Adam

Hilbert College is known for small class sizes and excellent education. I really enjoy having no more than 25 kids in a class. This helps the teachers be more intuitive with their students learning. To go along with this, Hilbert is also well known for being a top CJ/FS school. Therefore, I wanted to be sure I was picking a good school for Criminal Justice(CJ) and Forensic Science(FS).

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the main thing I would tell myself is to not get senioritis as badly as I did. Don't get me wrong, I still did well. However, after being in college I understand the difference between an A, and an A-. Other than the minute grading system, I feel as though I did pretty well. If it weren't for the choices that I made in high school, I wouldn't be here enjoying college today.

When I made my choice to come to Hilbert College I didn't know anyone and based my decision on the fact that they have my major and are close to home. Although I didn't know much about college, since i'm the first in my family to go, it was actually quite fun getting to learn how things go in the college life. Doing things on my own is all I know how to do and I think it helps me be a more well rounded person able to relate to many people.

Katherina

My classmates are friendly, helpful and completely supportive.

My classmates are friendly, helpful and completely supportive.

My school is best known for its dedication to the Catholic Franciscan heritage and values, as well as its individual attention and support to students.

I would tell myself to follow my dreams and not let anyone or anything stop me in the pursuit of my education. I would insist that I know my strenghts and abilities and utilize those abilities to empower myself in my educational efforts.

gregory

The advice I would give myself is to finish high school on a high note academically which really helps in the transition from High School to college. I also would would encourage the myself to develope study skills as well as organizational skills. i have learned they are invaluable in the success of college life. To be succesful in time management is to set yourself up for success in the classroom. Also, to own your education, back in high school your teachers stay on top of you for assignments and tests but in college you pretty much are on your own. SO you really must know when things are due and when your tests are scheduled from the sylabus that you are given the first day of classes. I also would advise myself to keep a balance on school and fun time. I have wathced a number of my friends struggle academically and be placed on probation because they fell so far behind in their studies that thier first term GPA is below a 2.0. So my adive is to stay ahead of course work and study and review daily so you don't find yourself cramming.

The size of the school (1300), allows there to be more personal contact between student and professors. At Hilbert you are not just a student nuber, but everyone knows each other. As a small community in a big city there is plenty to do to keep you busy around your class schedule. I would reccomend Hilbert COllege to anyone.

The individual that really likes the "big school" atmosphere. If you do not like accountability then HIlbert is not the place for you.

Jamie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are definitely a few things I would advise myself. I would start with leaving home-the biggest step. I would tell myself that if I never forgot one crucial point I would be fine-I can always go home. I think when seniors leave for college they get afraid to leave and forget that they can come home, they are not forced to leave forever. Visits can be made and I promise, it gets easier over time. I would also tell myself to open up, and to be original. Do not conform to your college friends but learn to live together and be friends while all still being separate individuals. As long as you stay true to yourself, you will be fine. Stand up for what you believe in, and take in new ideas at the same time. And finally I would say to enjoy the journey. Attend school events, play video games with your friends, go out dancing all night and make the best of college?it will be over before you know it.

If you want to attend Hilbert you should be outgoing and fun. The campus is small, and you should really know how to make your own fun and not expect the school to provide it for you. Be open to new ideas and original!

The most frustrating thing at Hilbert is that alot of students lack school spirit. We recently formed a club to all go to the games together dressed in blue. Even though it is having alot of success, it would be nice to see more people involved.

Andrew

Buffalo New York is pretty much a college town. There are a lot of colleges similar to Hilbert in that they are small, Christian and offer a four year liberal arts degree. I chose Hilbert because of the town, basketball and the basketball coach. The girl's basketball coach at my high school attended Hilbert and thought I would fit in.

The transition was not hard at all. In fact, in some ways college seems to be a lot easier. I always took 7 or 8 subjects in high school and in college, I only take five. In high school I was there 6 hours a day. In college, I am only there about 3 hours per day. I would, however, have taken high school more seriously. I guess college makes you realize that school isn't a joke. College has made me realize that I want to be smarter. I want to be one of those guys that has all the answers. In high school I thought it was cool to get away with stuff. I didn't realize I was only hurting myself. I also would have spent more time on trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. That is the hardest decision I face now. I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but I am not sure right now. It is hard making a decision that will affect the rest of your life. But I guess that is what college is all about, finding yourself.

Any student who is interested in staying close to home and is interested in a liberal arts education. I personally like the small campus feel and the individual attention I receive at Hilbert. I also play basketball for the college. This school is good for high school graduates but I think the school is also good for graduates who attend the graduate school on the weekeends. Even though Hilbert is small, they are able to fit classes around your schedule.

Jarret

Hilbert College is a small college with professors who are very well educated in their field and are willing to teach. It's a very practical school, however; runs with somewhat of a steep price tag.

I'd tell myself to keep up the work ethic because it will pay off in the end with good grades. I'd also inform myself to start applying for more awards so that I could help with the financial burden of going to school.

By far the cost of tution, it's on the rise every year and is bordering a private schools price. Right now it is at almost $9,000.

Jarret

They're willing to learn but at the same time looking to enjoy the learning experience.

Work hard and carry that effort through with you, and never forget what got you here. Keep focused and learn to balance school with your social life, more importantly, keep school first and friends second. Determination and hard work will help you obtain what you want most in life. Make sure to keep up with reading the books handed out to you in class because once that behavior is broken, it's hard to reobtain that train of thought.

I wish that I knew more about scholarship programs, and how to obtain money for school.

My classmates are determined to get good grades and have a sucessful four years at Hilbert.

Some advice that I would give myself would be to take things more seriously and put grades and school work before friends and fun activities. I would also say to be myself and accept my friends for who they are and I will recieve the same respect as them. Enjoy school but also study hard and get good grades.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Hilbert College is a lazy unmotivated person.

laura

student in my classes tend to be educated, focus and open-minded to some of the things we're learning.

to stay focus on school work, look at more scholarships and really find out what i want in a college.

the academics/clubs and all the evnts where having and how much fun their going to be; also the work we be having in our classes and how much more work we have and if where having a hard time or is passing the class with a high grade.

Hilbert College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.