Tampa, FL
Hillsborough Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hillsborough Community College

Kiara

HCC is a school that provides flexibilty and comfort to be yourself.

HCC is a school that provides flexibilty and comfort to be yourself.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice for college, I would tell myself to focus more. When I was in high school I was very unfocused. I was worried about my peers liking me and fitting in. If only I knew that once I got in college I would not have to worry about trying to fit in because in college your friends will come from different walks of life. You will have friends from different backgrounds that accept you for who ou are. They always said that you will find your true friends in college. Also, if I could give myself one more piece of advice, it will be to study more. In high school the work was easy compared to college work. All you needed was an hour to do your homework and that was it. On the other hand, college work you need at a minimum of six hours. It consist of very detailed homework assignments and readings. To add, if one of your classes dont provide homework, that means study. So if i could go back i would tell myself study hard, friends will find you.

Someone who is not open to diversity and friendliness will not fit in to this school.

Kiara

“Seize every moment and enjoy what life has to offer”, take your scholastic career seriously and be mindful of your decisions. These are the top 3 things I would tell my younger self . When you’re young and in high school everything is a bliss. Most teens and myself alike are hard headed at this age ,we think that we are immune to stupidity . I remember my mom telling me on multiple occasions that “experience is the best teacher.” I never fully grasped that statement fully until adulthood. Like the time I drove my car without checking the water .Then I cracked my head gasket which took me forever to get fixed, this is a classic case of lesson learned. When people are giving you constructive advice it’s for a reason they don't want you to suffer like they did. In high school is where you figure out your likes and dislikes. Get a chance to make memories that last forever without costing you tons. That means taking advantage of of all extracurricular activities, when you do this the skills you obtain are priceless. Working hard in class means that you excel,the same applies to adulthood.

The flexibility in scheduing your classes and how they try to get the whole campus involved with campus activites.

About the different types of classes to take in order to finish your degree quicker.

Carissa

If I could go back, I would tell myself to practice writing a lot of essays! The more preparing you do in high school, the easier the transition will be. There is a lot more work to do in college that takes up most of a person's time. Also, I would tell myself not to worry so much or be scared about college. It's just another school, not an alternate universe. Many people will make college seem like such a scary place, but in reality, it's just the same thing we've been doing for 12 years, just more work. Make sure you study hard in college, but also relax and have some fun. There's no point in stressing yourself out!

The thing i consider worst is the social life. They have a few things going on, but it's not very well advertised. And although they do have fun things to participate in, there isn't a whole lot compared to other schools.

If you're looking for a college to begin your freshman year, this is the place for you. There are 6 campuses that allow students from all over to attend. They offer a lkot of different classses and make it easy for a first time student to fit in. The classes are also offered at many different times to easily fit into our busy lives. Although the social life isn't as good as most Universities, they offer a lot of academic help.

Erin

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior I would say BREATHE. I would tell myself that things will play out how they are suppose to and that the stress I am putting on myself when I worry about my financial ability to go to school with figure itself out. I would encourage myself to look into programs to travel abroad before I begin college and working full time. I would tell myself that life only gets more hectic and right now is the easy part. I would tell myself to do more things that I loved because I will run out of time to manage to do so in the future. I would write more stories and continue learning sign language. I would tell myself to smile more and reduce stress. Lastly I would tell myself that things get busier but they also get easier to manage. I would kill to go back in time and tell myself these things.

I think the best thing about my school is that they do offer classes at night for the working adult. Also they are significantly cheaper when it comes to tuition cost.

I feel like a burden to anyone that I speak with in any of the offices. They make me feel stupid and as if I should alredy know the awnser to whatever question I ask.

Sonali

Hillsborough Community College has a variety of programs and offer courses that will help you start your educational journey, no matter where it takes you.

There are many student organizations at HCC, you just have to find the one(s) that fit you best.

There are students from all walks of life, and there is sure to be some who are just like you.

Jason

yes the majority of students are fairly applied and study their subjects individually. Also ask for help from teachers if they have questions on any topic.

Alexia

Don't give up, believe in yourself because you are all you have. It's not going to be easy because if it were easy everybody would have done it already, choose whats best for you and never let anyone distract you from your goals in life!!!

The best thing about HCC is the price, the classes are much cheaper than other schools. This is the most affordable college I've run into so far.

One thing I wish I knew before I started college is that it is much different than high school. The lessons are much more challanging and the teachers are not going to remind you of when an assignment is due.

Joshua

I would tell myself not to skip on college. I waited a year before going to school and focused on working and moving out of my mom's house. That was a huge mistake. I've spent the past 9 years being everyone's assistant at work because I lack a degree. Get to school quickly and get it done as fast as you can even if you're undecisive about the degree you want. There is little I regret in life, but not going straight to college and finishing the first time is my biggest regret. Also, find scholarships. This is very important. Look for money everywhere you can and don't stop looking until you graduate!

I wish that I had made myself more familiar with the courses offered. There are many options to get credit towards your degree and I moved too quickly to select a course without considering all of the options. Spend more time with your advisors and ask a lot of questions. It is free to spend time with them and learn about the courses available.

The parking. It can be difficult to find parking, but it is not impossible. Aside from that small inconvenience the school is great. It is clean, the classes are perfect size and everyone is there to help you. One other annoying problem: The website is not super effecient. You must stay on top of your e-mail, MYHCC account and continue monitoring for notices. It's easy to over look a notice from the school.

Anthony

Extracurricular activities, express interest in clubs, devote spare time to community service, these are just a plethora of ideas that (if given the opportunity) would change my future for the better academically. However, none of these accomplishments would amount to anything ,given, if a student didn't devote a sufficient amount of time to everyday studying. In my past, I failed to devote adequate time to studying and as a result I'm now faced with taking pre- requisite courses that do not challenge me intellectually and with time being wasted from taking courses that will benefit me on my road to becoming a doctor of internal medicine. A student can go above and beyond in the service of his/her's academics, however, that student must not forget to not go beyond their own GPA. High school seniors usually have a laid- back type of attitude toward the world and their studies, so often we forget to do the simple things in life, such as study, and as high school seniors this was usually the last thing to occur on our mind and unfortunately, unknowing, we were hurting ourselves.

The best assest at my current school is the number of student resources available. Typically, if one desired tutoring then that person would have to seek tutoring at an off- site location however resources from tutoring to student services are available on- site and the hours of operation are very flexible to any student's schedule. Some student services are open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. , and the staff are more than welcome to assist you with anything.

The lack of advertising of most clubs offered at hcc. There are clubs that I've only seen or heard rumors of at HCC, however, I've seen little to no advertising of them. There is more than enough space on campus to advertise these clubs.

Shawn

The most important part of this is , I would return to tell myself to finish high school .I quit highschool beginning of the 10th grade to join working america due to poverty .I left school behind to chase what I was lead to belive at the time which was money . This fall in the category of one of the greatest mistakes I have made to date . Being a foolish minded young boy at the time I had no clue at the future ramifications of that single decision .Now that I have decided to take back my educational future an attend college ,I would have to tell myself work hardand dont give up.I had the wrong idea of what giving up was when I was younger now I understand a completly different meaning of what it takes to give everything . By just simply doing small minor adjustments to what I used to think was a big deal ,could have changed my whole future outcome . I am a father now so I cant allow my self to live in regret , but if I had the chance JUST TRY HARDER would have been the message I would have used .

Here is where the beauty of this college comes to play .I personally feel that everyone should attend a college like Hillsborough Community College .The diverse culture blended with excellent academics make for the perfect mixture of college and life experiences. People should strive to excell at the academic studies ,but some fail to take advantage of the social benifits as well . Attending a diverse college such as HCC makes future lifetime goals are achieveable ,by providing the education opportunities mixed with the right amount of social balance .

I do not feel there is a person that should not attend this school. I am new to the college experience I come from what some would consider a blimished back ground , however I am treated equally without judgement .I feel that the dynamic blend of culture adds to the college learning experience .The only exception to this is someone who just wants to skate right through college just to get there degree. This person I feel hurts the overall experience for everyone else ,simply becuase they just do not want to be there .

Hillsborough Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.