Tampa, FL
Hillsborough Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hillsborough Community College

Adriana

I wish that I could go back and advice me go to college inmediately finishing high school because I decided go to college 10 years after I graduate and now it is more difficult organize the time between my famili, my kids, my job, and attend college. It is reaally difficult , but my I am 100% that I will acomplish my goal when I graduate as a Pharmacist.

I consider difficult organizing my schedule from my work with the classes that the college offer because sometimes is limited and do not let me take the all classes that I wanted.

I never felt frustrating in my college.

Laura

My biggest advice to myself as a high school senior would be to relax and prioritize! As a freshman I was amazed at how many things are thrown at you and it is up to the individual to pick and choose what is important to them. To me, prioritizing is one of the most important things to a college student, especially a freshman. Choosing the social scene over academics is a detrimental mistake that many college freshmen make, that I really was unaware of before freshman year. One must be able to go to class without someone pushing them, do their homework, study, and then distribute times as desired. Not the other way around. The excitement of being on your own and having an academic overload is more stressful then I ever imagined, that is why my advice would to be just relax. It is crucial to success to relax and take things one step at a time to get things done. Nothing is ever accomplished when one is worrying, and that time could easily be used to do something much more constructive. Being able to relax and be calm after properly prioritizing is truly when one can succeed.

The type of person that should attend this school is a breathing one! Any person that is live and well but most important willing to learn is a perfect match. I feel that the most important characteristic for a future student there would be determination. College is a totally different setting then any other previous learning environment and the adjustment can come as a shock to a few. The classes are challenging, the work load is harder, more depends on it, and balancing it all becomes difficult. One must be determined to succeed and they would be a perfect match!

I would have to say the biggest thing I like to brag about when I talk about HCC is the diversity of the students. In all of my classes there is a vast assortment of races, religion, ages, economic backgrounds, and personalities. I feel that diversity is important to a successful person in today?s world because that is the reality of our society. I feel that this diversely rich environment helps prepare the students for their futures beyond the classroom while broadening their horizons.

Antonio

It is a wonderful place to attend. The teachers are great and they take their time to make sure you know how to complete the assignments.

I would tell myself to be better prepared for college. Make sure to have all the necessary documents when you apply. I would say to be better prepared for larger class sizes. College is one of the big steps you will make in your life and it is a big adjustment and some obstacles will come up but do not get frustrated, keep going because the end reward it worth the hard work and frustration.

Ayman

Hillsborough Community College is an outstanding college that helps us improve and succeed in areas we never thought we saw coming.

The jump to college can be stressful. You're leaving behind your school, friends, family, and home, and going off to explore a new place, make new friends, learn new things, and set your own priorities. Courses are at a higher level than high-school classes and the material is presented at a faster pace. Plus, professors are likely to assign more reading, writing, and problem sets than you may be used to. An advice i would give to myself would be not always doing what's easiest at the time, I would make smart decisions. For example, when it comes to money, I would stick to a budget and use credit cards wisely. When it comes to my health, I would get enough sleep, eat well, and pay attention to what my body tells me. College students and as well i, need energy to enjoy all that college has to offer!

Hillsborough Community College offers complete range of courses that will lead to either an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree. Also professors are really helpful, when you need help, their there for you.

Lissett

Now listen up, I need you to do some research on several careers you may be interested in, not just one by the way because the one you may be interested in now may dissapoint you as you learn more about it in the months and years to come. When you come up with a list of careers you may be interested in, find people in the profession and interview them. Ask them questions like what are the positives and negatives about their job. Why did they choose that profession? How can I and others benefit from me choosing this carreer? What is the work environment like? and come up with as many more questions that you think are important. Also get involved with the community and/or school volunteer groups and such that will benefit you in the long run when setting up your resume and applying for a job. The first semester in college may be the hardest because you have to get used to the transition, be ready to do work and face new challenges.

I wish I would have known my major from the time I started college in year 2005 because then I would already be done with school. I have changed my major several times so that has held me back.

It is juggleing school plus a job on top of that, many times you are left with very limited spare time and becomes hard and stressfull but as long as you stay focused anything is possible.

dilcina

My classmates are encouraging, smart and good to be around

My classmates are encouraging, smart and good to be around

I would give these advice to myself, study more, stop partying.

The worst thing about my school is the schedule of some of the class that i want to take sometimes they don't feet with my schedule

Felicia

My school is convenient, but still has some kinks to work out.

My school is convenient, but still has some kinks to work out.

I would tell myself that community college is completely passable and not difficult but you do have to apply yourself. Also, that the professor makes the class, not the school. It is not like highschool where the instructors are controlled by the school. In college there is the material to be taught, but it is completely up to the professor as to how every aspect of material is taught. I say: look up your teachers on ratemyprofassors.com and research before you register for classes. Also, complete all your work. There is not as much wiggle room with instructors as in high school. Just do every assignment and study and you will be fine. Also, meet as many new people as you can. Make connections and network.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the Student Services service. They seem to not care very much. Their help consists of sending you to every other office in the building to get one simple answer or to complete one simple task. I have heard many horror stories and experienced the maze of offices to get to a final answer.

Cindy

My classmates are responsible when it comes to homework. Very respectful in the classroom.

Take the college experience very seriously. If the student has to take any placement college test, they should take them seriously because if not, they may run the risk of taking classes that they never needed to begin with.

i wish i would of have more knowdlege in the math subject. Math can be really hard in college if is not taugh well in high schools. I believe that high school teachers take it to easy, and once a student graduates from high school, the transistion from high school to college can be very hard for some.

Daneatria

Upbeat crative and fun to be with.

Upbeat crative and fun to be with.

I would tell my self that when you have a deadlint to do something do it because its not like in highscool when you could make up an excuse and get an extra day to do it. And also its not as hard as you think it is in college. Is easy if you dedicate yourslef and do evrything in a timely manner. The professers dont want to hear any excuses about anything. When you are in student services please come prepared while standing in line becasue if not they will put you to the end of the line. Always pick you classes early so you can pick the classes you actually want and not whats left behind. And order your book soon after regeristingfor your classes because the books will run out and you will be very behind in class. And most of all attend the school events becasue they are always funand they almost always give out free food. And that comes in habdy for someone who doesnt bring money to campus everyday

Filling out your financial aid form, and getting the staff to reason with you.

Jaden

My school is an institution which prides itself on being both a learning friendly school as well as being student faculty interactive.

Knowing what I know about the college life I am living in the present, I would tell myself, as a senior in high school, to take seriously the choice of where I would like to attend. An education can be attained anywhere a person finds themself provided they have the desire to succeed. In order to make that educational experience more enjoyable, careful consideration should be taken to choose that school that can offer not only a social friendly atmosphere but also one with a good interactive atmosphere between student and teacher. This, I truly believe when coupled together, can and does lead to a successful educational experience and an even brighter future in todays world.

My feeling is that a person who is not serious about furthering his or her education and who doesn't have a strong desire to improve their future quality of life have no business at this college. I strongly believe this to be true for any higher education institution.

Hillsborough Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.