Tampa, FL
Hillsborough Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hillsborough Community College

maria

Having come from a different community college I found Hillsborough Community College to be a wonderful refreshing change for me the professors and advisors are always available and return your calls or email in a timely manner. The campus is clean and safe to be around. I have found everyone to be respectful.

Kyle

Hillsborough Community College offers a wide variety of courses to students who can't afford to enroll into a University. Depending on who you choose as an instructor, you can receive an effective educational experience that can help provide you leverage of obtaining a bachelor's degree. The life of the Ybor City Campus is definitely worth the experience as you have the liberty to explore the city while waiting for your next class schedule. If you are currently going through a financial situation, you have the opportunity to earn the Pell Grant without having to owe money back. Just make sure to be on top of your college courses as one slip up can put you under a huge penalty. Overall the HCC helps students to maintain focus on their studies without any pressure of large size auditoriums with a large capacity crowd. Knocking out your required courses is an effective choice, so use HCC to your advantage on pursuing your bachelor's degree.

Brittnae

It is a simple school i enjoy it the classes are easy teachers are very nice

HCC is really a good school

It is a simple school i enjoy it the classes are easy teachers are very nice

alexandra

Going to school right out of high school is very important. Taking time out to hang out with friends and travel arent as great as it seems. Getting a college degree and agreat job you love are first on the long list of things to do in life. Dont rush in to the first relationship you have with someone, test them all out , the same can be said with school. Do a couple of years at the community college then transfer what whatever four yearcoolege you want, be it in state orout of state.

HCC is a school for students that want to study hard and not procrastinate with thier work. A lazier, party student, who thinks college is a partywont enojy the HCC campus. The campus is always moving, never a dull moment, new and interesting people. A person there looking for a free ride or a party type atmosphere is lookingin the wrong place.

The class shedule is great! I can pick a different campus to go to on certain days depening on my schedule. the admissions office is a breeze, everything was under complete order, students very respectfull to the admin people

dilssa

I think education is for every single one who had a purpose in their life For instance People with different nationality, people who have goals, people who really need a second chance in their life. I think the most important reason is to gain more knowlege and learn more skill because if you want to be successful, one has to be educated. on the other hand we have to be realistic the people who is attending are the jocks show- off type of people who doesnt do anything, and also those type of girl that they only care about cloth

Sinead

My advice would be to make sure that you have applied to all scholarships that I could have, because I didn't realize then how much they would have helped me out in the long run. Also, I would tell myself to not give up no matter how hard any class or teacher is because you will always ake it through any situation as long as you put your mind to it.

The worst thing is that the student services office and teachers are sometimes not eager to help you one bit. Sometimes they will make it so hard to get any information or help picking classes, etc. and they will not extend their hours even if you have been waiting in line to speak to someone in student services.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the disorganization of some of the teachers that teach the online courses. Sometimes the courses aer all mixed up and they do not grade your work for a week at a time which is very upsetting because that is the only way we know what to do or how we are doing in the course.

David

If I could go back and talk to my highschool senior self I would tell myself to begin taking SAT prep classes during my freshman year. Join more clubs like the chess club, beta club, and hopefuly attain leadership roles. I would instead of taking all honors classes take as many Advanced Placement classes as possible. I would tell myself to not be afraid to join the varsity football team for the chance at a full tuition scholarship. I would also tell myself to strive for the highest grades possible and not take extra credit assignments for granted. Most importantly i would tell myself to begin on my "FAFSA" and submit my college applications as soon as colleges were accepting them.

Some teachers cant speak alot of english, guidance councelors aren't very helpful to students specific needs.

Kiara

HCC is a school that provides flexibilty and comfort to be yourself.

HCC is a school that provides flexibilty and comfort to be yourself.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice for college, I would tell myself to focus more. When I was in high school I was very unfocused. I was worried about my peers liking me and fitting in. If only I knew that once I got in college I would not have to worry about trying to fit in because in college your friends will come from different walks of life. You will have friends from different backgrounds that accept you for who ou are. They always said that you will find your true friends in college. Also, if I could give myself one more piece of advice, it will be to study more. In high school the work was easy compared to college work. All you needed was an hour to do your homework and that was it. On the other hand, college work you need at a minimum of six hours. It consist of very detailed homework assignments and readings. To add, if one of your classes dont provide homework, that means study. So if i could go back i would tell myself study hard, friends will find you.

Someone who is not open to diversity and friendliness will not fit in to this school.

Kiara

“Seize every moment and enjoy what life has to offer”, take your scholastic career seriously and be mindful of your decisions. These are the top 3 things I would tell my younger self . When you’re young and in high school everything is a bliss. Most teens and myself alike are hard headed at this age ,we think that we are immune to stupidity . I remember my mom telling me on multiple occasions that “experience is the best teacher.” I never fully grasped that statement fully until adulthood. Like the time I drove my car without checking the water .Then I cracked my head gasket which took me forever to get fixed, this is a classic case of lesson learned. When people are giving you constructive advice it’s for a reason they don't want you to suffer like they did. In high school is where you figure out your likes and dislikes. Get a chance to make memories that last forever without costing you tons. That means taking advantage of of all extracurricular activities, when you do this the skills you obtain are priceless. Working hard in class means that you excel,the same applies to adulthood.

The flexibility in scheduing your classes and how they try to get the whole campus involved with campus activites.

About the different types of classes to take in order to finish your degree quicker.

Hillsborough Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.