Hillsborough Community College Top Questions

Sonali

There are students from all walks of life, and there is sure to be some who are just like you.

Yolanda

well behaved, friendly and willing to help other classmates learn the material.

Kenneth

I have not seen radical type of groups at HCC. I have seen group making radical movements. HCC its pretty calm when it comes to political radical engagement. Students wear regular seasonal cloth to class. Different types of students interact. I have personally been in Long Island University's dorms, and I can say that students in Florida are pretty laid back when it comes to interaction. "some" students in New york can be rude. Regular students at HCC come into school and go away when they are done. However, Honor students love to do group work and get together in Coffe shops and work on their homework. Honors students are much more creative and get engage with the materials. Honor students always talk about what they have learned. They are very curious students.

Hillsborough Community College educates a wide array of students from many different countries, many different cultural backgrounds, and many different age groups. I have personally developed long lasting relationships and friendships with students from all over the world. I have been given many opportunities to help incoming students learn about the English language and the American culture, and in exchange I have pushed the boundaries of my own knowledge of the world one hundred fold. Because of the diverse array of people attending HCC, no student should feel left out if they are willing to reach their hand out to others. The faculty and staff mirror the ethnic diversity present at each campus, so students should feel comfortable in each classroom they become a part of.

I can describe my classmates in one word, diverse. I do not think there is a better way to describe them. Not only are they diverse in race and nationality, but also in personality and style. It’s a beautiful sight just to be able to see such mixture in a classroom. Each student has different ideas, different perspectives, and different wisdom they can share with one another. If not abused, we can use that tool of diversity to truly learn great things from one another.

thinh

So far its my most of the people I've met so far are really nice and helpful. Even though they are complete strangers to me because every semester, i have new classmates.

Shawntrel

My classmates in school are very friendly and considerate of others, i enjoy going to class with such a wonderful group of people.

Marth

Everyday i come to school i learn something not only from the teachers but also my classmates are extremely involve as well.

Chantel

Some classmates are immature, but others are ready to begin their lives.

Janelle

My classmates are diverse by age and race.

I would describe my classmates as two different extremes: older and giving college another shot or young and could not care less about anything that has to do with work or college.

Well I go to class with many different ages, I am older than most, but we all hae the same goal, which is to further our education and learn more about ourselves and what we can accomplish.

Since I have four classes, I have many classmates, but I can say that some are smart, some are funny, some are quiet, some are nice, some are talkative, some are from different countries, and some care about their education just as much as I do.

Sharon

A vast mixture of young, fresh out of high school students, and older students going back to school, along with students in their 20s. All students eager to learn the subject at hand.

My classmates range in all sorts of ages.

Suzanne

My classmates are a wonderful group of students. They are courteous to others as well as the professor. If i ever get confused about the material I am not scared to ask for help because I know that they will me.

dilcina

My classmates are encouraging, smart and good to be around

Cindy

My classmates are responsible when it comes to homework. Very respectful in the classroom.

Daneatria

Upbeat crative and fun to be with.