Hillsborough Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hillsborough Community College

Hillsborough Community College is amazing there are varies campuses from Tampa to the Apollo beach area. It has a great teacher to student ratio so the teacher can focus on everyone together and one on one. It’s a good transition from high school to college and I believe it will be a smooth transition from the community college to a university. I’m in their FUSE program to attend USF immediately after completing my AA in business of Accounting. All in all it is a very good school and I would recommend to others who seek a community college.

It's a great college to start your college academic career in. I really enjoy it there. I really like the Art History and English classes I took there. There is a lot of nice people there. The professors are easy going and fun to interact with. I think this community college is AWESOME!!!

Isabella

I find Hillsborough Community College to be a great school to help guide students to their futures. After meeting with an adviser they showed me my personalized step-by-step to completing my degree. Unlike other colleges, Hillsborough doesn't want you to be swimming in debt after attending. They inform you of what you need to take to complete your degree faster and cheaper than other institutions.

miriam

Hillsborough Community college is a good school to get started at. The class sizes are small so it gives room for more individual attention. teachers are helpful and resourceful. school deadlines are posted throughout the campus. school is always putting together events to make the college experience for students a great one.

Overall Hillsborough Community College is a great opportunity for students who are looking to expand their knowledge for a lower cost. Its academics are just as competitive as any four year college would be, but with smaller class sizes it gives you a greater advantage to really get that one on one time with your professors that could make the difference between getting a passing grade or a failing one. They have the greatest by far tutoring system that's actually already apart of your tuition and something that I've found that very few colleges offer. There is always something exciting going on around campus, whether it be free food or festivals. I'm very glad I decided to go to Hillsborough Community College and between the people and high quality education, its an experience I will never forget.

Paula

for the first two years its going to feel like im a college student but with alot of friends that we all studied in high school so its not going to be that scary. so when i go to a university in 2 years i will know the college vibe and know more things and people.

Zoie

It is a pretty good school, especially considering it's a community college. The facilities are pretty nice an de the class sizes are small. It's better if you need more attention for the teachers. Most teachers are available after, or before class if needed.

Haley

I believe that Hillsborough Community College is one of the best schools in Hillsborough County. The teachers all care for the students and take the time to get to know each individual student. It is a more affordable school that still provides you with a great education. It is an overall great school to attend.

Kimberly

Very welcoming and just as excited to see everyone succeed, as you are for yourself :)

tahni

My overall opinion of HCC is that its a great gateway into the world of being a college student and by going there the ability transfer to colleges in Florida is so easy and there always staff members there to help you in any way. I also feel extremly comfortable at HCC and find it very easy to navigate.

Jared

Hillsborough Community College is a good college to get your under graduate from. Wether you are only getting a 2 year degree or you are planning on getting your 4 year it wil Be a good experience. Community college is a good transition from high school.

Thalia

It is a good school, when you need help the teachers and staff are always there trying to help students find their path in life. The classes are only hard when you don't do the work or pay attention but other then that the classes are easy enough to get by through. A lot of the teachers seem to care about the course they are teaching as well as the students trying to learn it so that's really good.

There is always somebody willing to try and help you at this school and a great teaching staff who are available to help you. A wide variety of courses, degrees, and other programs available to students. I've been offered a great internship opportunity in Europe and other opportunities to get involved in the school.

Perla

I really love Hillsborough Community college because of the class sizes and campus. Every time I've gone on campus it has been pleasant and the professors are always helpful. I was able to get my AA while attending high school and the experience was very pleasant. I would recommend the college.

Nikki

Amazing, will continue my studies here for as long as possible. The class sizes are small, the curriculum seems on par with other schools, and I feel confident about what I’m learning and will be able to apply it. The flexibility of the classes will allow me to be able to work and not feel so confined.

Angel

I love hcc. I love hcc. I love hcc. I love hcc. I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc I love hcc!

Drew

HCC is an amazing college with so many opportunities and great staff who are always willing and wanting to help! All the students are extremely nice and eager to learn. Classroom sizes are perfect because they are pretty small which allows for maximum interaction with your professor if you have any questions about anything.

Ryan

It is a great place to transition from high school to college and is really about helping students get where they need to be. I am transferring to USF now at the college of business Muma and I couldn’t be more proud of where I am headed. My accounting teachers at HCC guided me and taught me well.

Hillsborough Community College could be a great community college if certain areas were improved. Signing up and paying for classes should be easy, as its the primary focus for a school, however, HCC makes it hard. Students are capable of signing up for classes online via HawkNet and on campus, but the website often encounters many errors and the line on campus can become extremely long, and might require students to make an appointment with an advisor beforehand. Additionally, many students pay for classes through scholarships, which checks can be dropped off on campus or mailed in. Personally, I have paid for all of my classes so far through scholarships but HCC makes it so hard. The process is lengthy as they go through a third party. Long story short, my scholarship check is dropped off at HCC to be sent to the third party to only come back to me. Since this process takes so long, often I am kicked from the classes I enrolled in and have to start all over during registration. Because of this, signing up for classes becomes much harder. Hillsborough Community college does have its positives. The class sizes are small, roughly 25 students and the professors are always willing to help. There are large parking lots, but the walk to class is never too long. Additionally, there are many campuses in the Hillsborough county area, so students have a choice of which campus to attend. The Dale Mabry campus is located to Raymond James Stadium, home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers which makes me feel closer to the Tampa sports culture. The Ybor campus is located in Cigar City and is home to many concerts and rich with art. The Brandon campus is the furthest out, but is large and gives off more of a University feel. Overall, HCC is the campus for anyone who feels stuck in between transitions. For many, this is a place for high school graduates who didn't feel ready for university. Or for mothers and fathers who want to go back to school to better themselves and their families. Really, HCC is for anyone who is willing to learn and is ready to do so. With few improvements, the community college could outshine the surrounding schools.

Galen

HCC is relatively inexpensive and the quality of education is about what you'd expect from Community College, perhaps slightly better in some cases. The cafeteria food is quite terrible and does not serve to students who have allergies. The professors require extraneous materials than what are allowed and make the high school kids pay for it out of pocket. Some campuses have a monopoly on certain classes, and the online offerings are comparatively slim compared to on-campus. The campus and staff seem to be very disorganized, and it can be quite disorienting and unwelcoming to those new to the system. Overall, I'm grateful that I was able to attend here for free, but there are definitely some changes that could be made.

This school provided me with an amazing opportunity to broaden my college-level general education and prepare me for university. I enjoyed my time at HCC and I am proud to call myself an alumni. There were always resources available to me if and when I needed them. The staff outside the classroom were also very friendly to everyone, whether they knew them well or saw them once or twice a year. Overall, HCC was a great place to learn and I would recommend it to anyone who may want to pursue it.

Allison

I believe HCC is overall a wondeful school! The professors always help students when they need it most. The campuses of the college are absolutely beautiful, the school has done a great job of keeping the school well maintained and up to date. The school definetly has a wonderful name out for itself, while the community has made it a safe and wonderful place to attend. I believe that many people should attend this community college not only because it saves you a lot of money, but the professors are so kind and always bend over backwards to make sure you are always on top, and understand the material.

Korey

Hillsborough Community College provides students with many campus types and environments fit for almost any college student. With the main campus being Dale Mabry, student life is very active allowing students to enjoy their students along with receiving an eduction with some of the best professors. The campus also provides many study and tutor resources for free to unsure students get a true understanding of the material being taught in the classroom.

kylie

I think Hillsborough Community College is an amazing college to go to. The professors and staff really care about your education and will go out of their way to help you with whatever you're struggling with. I feel at home at Hillsborough and know that if I'm having any problems my college will always be there helping me every step of the way.

Rudolf

It is alright overall. The students are here to learn and not party. We mean serious business at this school. That means that education is highly valued and the class size is actually very small. The teachers do everything they can to help you succeed.

Overall, I think HCC is a good school to start out with. It is cheaper than universities so while you are working on your associates degree I think it is a good route to go. Then go to a university to study your major. Although, it is not the biggest on sports and such you can still be involved.

Kashmere

It’s a good college overall and I think that a lot of people should go to the college if they are new to the college world.Hillsborough Community College could be a great community college if certain areas were improved. love how the classes are small and you can talk to your professor one on one when you need the help.

David

It’s a good start before going to a university

Lindsey

I enjoy the campus and the people around but I would love to see more school spirit and more medical courses available. I like the class sizes. I think the students are semi-excited to come to class daily, but I​ don't think the professors are showing much passion for their subject.

Faith

HCC has an amazing energy and great teacher to help you learn. HCC Southshore gives you an opportunity or a taste of what a unvirsty with a lot more people will feel like. The classes are small but I like it because it gives you more one on one time with the teacher.

Abby

Honesty its a great school when it comes to the academic portion. Small class sizes, easy going professors, times that work around your schedule, even extra parking. However, there is little to no social aspect about this school. Everyone is in and out, not wanting to talk or really make friends. This is place that you get in, get good grades and credits, and then leave. USF and UT have no relationship with HCC, unlike TCC and FSU.

Luis Gabriel

My new school for my life college. It’s a great college for Tampa students.

Jacqueline

It’s a good school that allowed you to understand in a smaller environment. Plenty of clubs to help you be invole in the community with many smiling faces. The SGA always has fun activities for you to participate in, they bring in puppies to destress yourself. They have movie nights and give prizes to those who arrive on time. The teachers are cool and fun, they actually help you when you are in need.

Brandalynn

It’s okay.

Theodore

Great people and great attempts but i was really excited to attend my home school right by my house but they didn't offer my class there so i had to drive 45 minutes away and they told me that since I'm at a different campus I'm not allowed to partake in their social scenes. Super sad.

Courtney

I absolutely love HCC and would recommend it to everyone continuing their education into college. It's a safe environment and very comfortable. The professors teach you thoroughly and I feel as if I have learned more in my one year of college than I did in four years of high school.

Great people that's willing to give a helping hand.

valeria

HCC is a great community college which has tons of campus's of my choosing and I can pick and choose what campus I would like to go to and all have amazing generally caring professors that do not like to see you fail. And the students are there to learn and then transfer to a university of their choosing so no one is here to fool around.

Gabriela

Isama

Hillsborough community college can be seen as a very friendly campus, where people can find friends and find out where they belong. It is also a very comfortable place to be at to study and do your work. We also have our campus clean at all times, where one do not feel uncomfortable to be at.

Wenzor

This is a school with little to no extras besides going there for school. The food is ok, but not much variety. The school isn’t met to be a place, of comfort like a typical college, but a school to go and get your aa degree. I think of this school as an easy way to get an associates.

Maddisyn

As a freshman at Hillsborough Community College, I am very pleased to say that I love my school. The professors are truly caring, the faculty members are welcoming, and the students are very friendly and eager to learn. My goal is to become a dental hygienist, and as a student at HCC I believe I am being set up for success. I will recommend this college to many friends, and will continue to pursue my educational and career dream.

Jamillah

I strongly recommend to all those who live in Tampa, Hillsborough county and surrounding areas to take the opportunity to go to HCC not only to save money, whether just for one year or two before transferring or to get a A.S degree and jump into your career path but also to experience college life. I took two years off after graduating high school and HCC helped ease the transition. It gives you a glimpse of the culture, workload and activities which I feel helps people determine how much if any amount of schooling is right for them. HCC is not the fanciest but we have a welcoming culture for the most part and that’s what matters the most. Acceptance to learn freely.

Yasmine

Hillsborough Community college is a good school with many international students. This is a chance to know about different cultures and meet new people. The professors are always available and helpful. Moreover, there are many extra curricular activites that a student can apply for.