Hillsdale, MI
Hillsdale Beauty College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hillsdale Beauty College

Madeline

If I could visit myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be fearless as I moved on to college. It took me a long time to feel comfortable so far from home, and I squandered a lot of opportunities to become more involved on campus. I could explain firsthand how lonely it is when you do nothing and meet no one. I would tell myself to try out for the play, to take swing dancing lessons, to join student government, and to start saying “yes” where I would normally say “no”. I know the transition into college life can be difficult, but why not make the most of it? I should be involved in the things I love to do, so I can meet people with the same interests and passions. Those people will become my life-long friends. I know I struggle with not knowing what to expect—with not being firmly in control of a situation—but I should not fight what I cannot change. After all, ‘you never know until you try’, and I might just end up surprising myself.

I do not attend Hillsdale Beauty College. I attend Hillsdale College, which, for some reason, was not an option for me to list as my school. However, the worst thing about my college is the weather. It is almost always cold, and either raining, snowing, or gloomily overcast for the majority of the school year.

Hillsdale College has a wonderful sense of community. It has a small student body, so everyone knows one another. There is always a small class size, so the teacher as time to help each student learn. I am from Los Angeles, so the most shocking and wonderful thing about the school for me is the respect which everyone gives and recieves. Holding doors open for others and saying "please" and "thank you" are second nature. You can even leave your backpack or laptop somewhere, and return to find it untouched.

Actually, this isn't my school. My school is just "Hillsdale College". It wasn't a selection offered.

Spend more time with the people you're going to miss when you're away at school; do all the crazy fun things you always wanted to but were scared about. Get everything ready as soon as possible. Don't waste that last time before you leave.

I can't really think of anything I didn't already know.

• $0

Hillsdale Beauty College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.