Hillsdale Beauty College Top Questions

Madeline

If I could visit myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be fearless as I moved on to college. It took me a long time to feel comfortable so far from home, and I squandered a lot of opportunities to become more involved on campus. I could explain firsthand how lonely it is when you do nothing and meet no one. I would tell myself to try out for the play, to take swing dancing lessons, to join student government, and to start saying “yes” where I would normally say “no”. I know the transition into college life can be difficult, but why not make the most of it? I should be involved in the things I love to do, so I can meet people with the same interests and passions. Those people will become my life-long friends. I know I struggle with not knowing what to expect—with not being firmly in control of a situation—but I should not fight what I cannot change. After all, ‘you never know until you try’, and I might just end up surprising myself.

Spend more time with the people you're going to miss when you're away at school; do all the crazy fun things you always wanted to but were scared about. Get everything ready as soon as possible. Don't waste that last time before you leave.