Hiwassee College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hiwassee College

Dalton

It’s a little out dated but the people there are super friendly and out going and the coaches want a relationship with the players

Erika

Hiwassee College has some very helpful faculty. The students and faculty are very friendly and willing to help you out in any way possible whether it's in your personal life, with your classes, or homework assignments. Attending Hiwassee College has been a wonderful experience and having small class sizes makes learning very easy. Everyone at Hiwassee College is very friendly.

Spencer

I like hiwassee. It’s small but we are all like a big family. I play baseball at hiwassee and the whole baseball team is like a bunch of brothers. Hiwassee is a safe place to be and everyone around always makes you feel welcome! You’ll never have to wonder if your at the right place. Hiwassee is a great place to be and learn and I’m glad I chose Hiwassee to continue my education!

Brooke

Hiwassee College is a very outgoing school. The staff will keep in contact with a student to make sure they’re in the right track and everything is running smoothly. They is no stressing about anything. The doorms are very roomy and also the people are very caring and friendly. I am a high school student about to be a Hiwassee student and this school is definitely my first choice of schooling.

Kimberly

I love this school, it has a welcoming warm Christian environment. They have a beautiful campus, and they really seem to care about their students! Their equine facility is my favorite on campus. This college also encourages a hands on learning environment, rather than always sitting in a classroom.

Bethany

Having a small campus, keeps you well in touch with everyone. Hiwassee is like family. Most students are athletes so we have a competitive spirit. Our is setting is on the outside of town. This gives students the chance to sit outside and enjoy fresh air while studying, without the noise of town.

Isabella

I love Hiwassee College, because it is a smaller quant facility. So far the faculty and staff has gone out of their way to make me feel welcomed, helping making a smooth transition and answering any questions I may have. I really like the personal feel they give and how it is a christian college. It would be an honor to attend here.

Micah

Hiwassee has a very welcoming and comforting atmosphere. The faculty and staff are very helpful and polite. The classes are small enough that the professors can have one on one time and make sure they understand everything that they need to. The campus is beautiful!

jamal

My overall opinion is that Hiwassee College is a good school, the student life, college life, and sports surrounding it are all well. Like any other college or university in this world Hiwassee has areas that it could improve in, and hopefully they will make them.

Courtney

Hiwassee is a very caring school, no matter the time of day the teachers are always willing to talk to you and help with whatever is needed. The campus is very beautiful and it’s nice to sit outside in the hammocks some days and just admire the campus. Hiwassee is very big on sports, while not everyone will get along all the time all the athletes always encourage others to do better because we all want to see each other succeed. The class sizes are perfect, they aren’t to small but also aren’t to big. The professors are available for one on one time to study and that makes things easier, especially if there is something you don’t understand. I’ve attended hiwassee for 3 semesters now, starting while I was actually still in high school and it has been an amazing experience.

Miranda

The school is a very good school they are involved with their students and the community. The teachers are very helpful and are involved in each individual student. The help each kid succeed. The school is great they have many different fields that you can go into. I am going into social work. They have many classes that you can take for that field. They have one of the best dental hygiene schools in the country.

Keera

Hiwassee College is a great place to attend. The people here are absolutely amazing and very trust-worthy. Hiwassee College offers a variety of options that can help you through you college experience such as counseling and from my experience it really helps. Its important for me to know that I have someone to go talk to who respects me and my opinions. Although Hiwassee does not offer much Greek life, they do offer organizations that you can join. They also have about six events a month such as volleyball tournaments, bonfires, spring formal,slip n slide and so on. These events are a nice way to get involved in the Hiwassee College experience.

Ben

It’s a great school with amazing people, they have a good heart and are up close and personal with the students. I have been giving the opportunity to to grow my brain capacity, excell athletically, and impact lives. It’s has been an eye opener for the true way the world works and has be a key role in preparing me for life

Carolyn

I have only been to Hiwassee College one time, but that one time there got me hooked! I can't wait to attend there in the Fall of 2018 for the Equine Management and Training Degree! I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a safe, friendly, healthy college environment!

jared

I think this is an excellent school, great staff who work with you and are very understanding and love to help with anything. The sports is the top notch program and inspires the students. Also the academics are where its at and its a great place to learn and build.

Madison

Great school with a small hometown vibe. The campus is nice, the dorms were comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful on my tour of the campus. Looking forward to possibly attending this college in the fall of 2019 to play softball and further my education.

Summer

In my opinion, Hiwassee had the potential to be an amazing school. The view of the mountains in the mornings and evenings is beautiful, student life is awesome, and even though it is a small school, we were all one big family. With all the money the school received, more improvements to the facilities could have been made, but due to poor decisions that were made, Hiwassee will sadly be closing May 10, 2019.

Sasha

I have attended Hiwassee College for two years and for the most part, I enjoyed it. The volleyball team was great and the students were always there to support the athletic program. Most of the teachers cared about pour success and were there for us in and out of the classroom, no matter what the issues was. The dorms were on of the main reasons I moved off campus after my Freshman year. Not only were the floors falling apart in the rooms, there was black mold coming through the walls, crawling up the bathroom showers, and stink bugs completely infested the place. After many arguments with the president and the board, nothing was changed. A few days ago we were all informed that the college would be closing their doors officially in May. As we all struggle to understand what caused the president of our school to embezzle of 70 thousand dollars, we keep fighting as a student body to find new colleges together. For these reasons Hiwassee College is one of the best and worst schools I could ever attend.